Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

• 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Well, it's going to be rainy and cloudy the next couple days here in Tampa. That's OK, though... April showers bring may flowers and all that. ;)

Here's my rain lady desktop...

slackshotkde201308conky.th.png

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

She's been around a while, but not w/ KDE or Conky before. They seem to compliment one another pretty well, I think. :)

V.T. Eric Layton

Very nice looking Eric!!

Yes. I'd like to see the front of her, though. Oh... you meant the desktop. Ah... yup. Thanks. :)

• Like 1

Me first ever try at GIMP.

FULL SIZE

KDscRHTl.jpg

You can see a white line near the logo on the full size. Gave up trying to rub it out as the project took a long time with a ton of new stuff to assimilate. Just worked out how to do it as I type. Will tidy up tomorrow.

:breakfast:

• Like 1

Very nice! Almost makes me want to reinstall Arch so I could use it, too. :yes:

I can give you many more reasons to re-install Arch but this is not a bad one either. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm biased, of course, but this has to be one of the most awesome desktops I've ever made. The wallpaper was created by superimposing the lady wrapped in blue silk over the blue dragon. GIMP is wonderful! :)

slackshotkde201311conky.th.png

securitybreach

I'm biased, of course, but this has to be one of the most awesome desktops I've ever made. The wallpaper was created by superimposing the lady wrapped in blue silk over the blue dragon. GIMP is wonderful! :)

slackshotkde201311conky.th.png

Holy crap!! Did you make that wallpaper as that is truly awesome!!! :thumbup:

V.T. Eric Layton

It was two separate images. I added transparency to the girl first, then I overlaid her onto the dragon. I was inspired, I guess. It is pretty cool, though, huh? :yes:

Wow! We can say crap here now? I've been saying carp for so long I don't know if I'll remember to say crap. ;)

By the way, here are the two original images that I used to make the one above:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/336/6/d/blue_silk_stock___concept_by_faestock_by_mariaamanda-d5msuwt.jpg (WARNING - This will be a slow load... it's a HUGE resolution = 7,320px × 5,484px)

http://www.iwallscreen.com/stock/blue-dragon-hd-blue-dragon.jpg

• Like 1