Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• V.T. Eric Layton

• abarbarian

• ichase

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

MX-16 torrent placed on usb from MX-15 then used MX-16 live to install. Piece of cake an I still have MX-15 on the ssd just in case.

4K monitor with KDE Plasma 5 on siduction.     With some windows   Images above are scaled down to 1920 x 1080.   And a link to a full 3840 x 2160 screenshot if you dare (4MB): http://i.im

Posted Images

V.T. Eric Layton

I'd have to admit that "Mr. Ubuntu" (Urmas) inspired that desktop by a comment he made in regards to an older similar one that I had created. This one is gooder! :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
alphaomega
Very nice! But then again, I'm partial to dragons, and red, and dark.LOL
Myself, I'm partial to blue, silver, and white. Or light colored themes.I was so glad when kde4 got air. I did not like the dark colored oxygen.My 2¢Cheers
Myself, I'm partial to blue, silver, and white. Or light colored themes.I was so glad when kde4 got air. I did not like the dark colored oxygen.My 2¢Cheers
I like blue but it's got to be very dark. Light colours bother my eyes too much.
alphaomega
Well, I don't want to always be the one posting here. :( Let's see some of YOUR screenies. :thumbsup:
I would but my system does not change very much (other than the background changes every hour).I usually only take snapshots after a major update of some sort...as self evidence that my frankenstein setup actually works.Anyway, here is the most recent.slackware current. kernel 2.6.32.5, kde 4.3.4, xorg 1.4.2, nvidia 71.86.11slackwarecurrentkde434x.th.pngCheers Edited by alphaomega
Well, I don't want to always be the one posting here. :( Let's see some of YOUR screenies. :thumbsup:
Gnome-screenshot doesn't seem to be working for me in Arch.
V.T. Eric Layton

I like that Alpha.png. :yes: Almost tempts me to try KDE4 again. @ Sue... how are you trying to do it? With the Print Screen key on your keyboard? Nothing happens? If that's the case, you have to bind your Print Screen key to Gnome-screenshot in the keyboard preferences. :yes:

When I hit Print Screen, I get the following message...

There was an error running gnome-screenshot:Failed to execute child process "gnome-screenshot" (No such file or directory)
Ah... you have the key-binding, but you don't have the app.
# pacman -S gnome-screenshot

Nope, I tried that right after I got that message
[root@localhost sue]# pacman -S gnome-screenshotgnome-screenshot package not found, searching for group...error: 'gnome-screenshot': not found in sync db
V.T. Eric Layton

Umm... it's a complete package of Gnome goodies called gnome-utils. Sorry, I forgot about that. Try again....

# pacman -S gnome-utils

:thumbsup:

Umm... it's a complete package of Gnome goodies called gnome-utils. Sorry, I forgot about that. Try again....
 # pacman -S gnome-utils

:thumbsup:

Well geez, you'd think I would have figured that out on my own. :hysterical: Thanks!

Here's mine. See? It's dark, and red, and umm, dark red.a9210165838244.gifHmm, seems I forgot how to post linkable images. :hysterical:

Edited by SueD

Mine stays the same - Easy Mode, the way it arrived from the factoryhttp://www.eeeeducation.com/images/asus_ho...n_eeePC_600.jpgMy background is pale blue and the tabs are blue.I tried to follow directions to change the background to a marble-looking style; naturally, it did not work.I have a few wallpapers in Advanced desktop but rarely boot into it.

Hmm, seems I forgot how to post linkable images. :thumbsup:
I see you're using ImageBam... after uploading your image, copy/paste the "BBCode". Do NOT put it into "image tags".8192ae65866753.gifLooky looky - clicky clicky: a "clickable" thumbnail! :thumbsup: To do the same with ImageShack: copy/paste the "Forum Thumbnail" bit. Again, do NOT use the image tags.kuvakaappausm.th.pngClear as mud? :hysterical:
V.T. Eric Layton

@ Sue... bit small for the over-45 eyes. ;)@ Liz... colorful! I like colorful! :(=====Seems I'm in a dragon mood this week. Here's slack-dragon in bisque with accompanying Xfce theme:Desktopslack13xfceshot12.th.pngThemethemeshot12.th.png

Are you dark and weird-looking too?female-moose-12901.jpgYou've got nice legs. ;)
Nice but this one looks friendlier. canmoose.jpg
Ahem... Sue? The character between copywrong and n€uro? :(
Pffffffffft! Right over my head Urmas. ;)
Pffffffffft! Right over my head Urmas. :(
Negative, Sueston... right over MY head. Here, looky: between © and €... what the heck is it? ;) kuvakaappausr.png
Negative, Sueston... right over MY head. Here, looky: between © and €... what the heck is it? :( kuvakaappausr.png
I forgot that was up there.LOL It's the Arabic letter theh. ;)
Yeah... but that's a boy moose. ;)
So's yours. ;)This one's a girl...81591713.8qiNPz61.jpg
V.T. Eric Layton

The image link said: biology-blog.com/images/blogs/10-2007/female-moose-12901.jpg Did they lie to me? :(Myeh... whaddo I know about meese... or females for that matter? :(

Whatever they name it, Eric. A female moose ( cow ), doesn't have antlers ( a rack ).I've seen may of them! One time I was tree-planting and if you want to be fast you don't stretch all the way back up after banding. So I looked where I would plant my next tree ( 2 steps ahead, about 6 feet, 2 metres ) and I saw a set of hooves so I stopped. I stood up and notice a humongous male with a 14 pointers ( the little extensions on its antlers ) looking at me.I didn't know what to do but when I saw it slowly retrieving I didn't object.

Edited by réjean