Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

securitybreach

Same background but I configured Xmobar to my linking(at the top left) and running the git version of Uzbit browser:d167dd52514018.gif Thanks

Edited by securitybreach

securitybreach

My new wallpaper. It a little plain but still geeky:Clean:60f64853314642.gifDirty:85c3ef53319174.gifHey Eric, you are good with the gimp, could you do something for me? If you click the image and zoom in you will notice two squares are not the correct grey. One is to the left of the heart/cicuitry and the second is right under the heart to the right.Could you blend the grey for me? Here is the link to the wallpaper: http://www.imagebam.com/image/c35a8a53314744/ If you could leave the resolution? It is 2704x1050. I know it is weird but it what both my monitors together are. I used gimp to turn the 1920x1200 image into the my resolution. I reason the retangles exist is because I filled in the color using bucket fill. It gives the option to use a the color from the image but for some reason the color is not correct. Maybe you could have better luck since you are the resident gimp guru. I know it is a simple thing but I am new to the gimp and I figured out everything I did by messing around in the menus.Here is a link to the original image: http://www.imagebam.com/image/71d99b53316085/Thanks alot

Edited by securitybreach

V.T. Eric Layton

SB,I don't have anywhere to serve an image that big, so I just cut the portion that needed fixing from the black background. All you need to do is COPY/PASTE it into a black background of the right size on your system and then save it. You'll be all set. I think I fixed what you were talking about...heart-circuit_sb.png

securitybreach

No it is to the left of the graphic. It goes the entire vertical length of the wallpaper and right under the graphic. Sorry I was not clear.Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah... I think I see what you meant. I had to turn the gamma up on my monitor to see the difference. I think I fixed it. Check you email. I sent it back to you as an attached .png. Let me know if that worked for you.

securitybreach
Ah... I think I see what you meant. I had to turn the gamma up on my monitor to see the difference. I think I fixed it. Check you email. I sent it back to you as an attached .png. Let me know if that worked for you.
Umm its black and you used my screenshot not the actual image, http://www.imagebam.com/image/c35a8a53314744/ I wanted to keep the same color just blend it in with the rest of the grey.Thanks for your help though

securitybreach

Yup perfecto.

Happy Halloween everyone! slackshot70.th.png
Nice Halloween wallpaper!!!!!Thanks Edited by securitybreach

V.T. Eric Layton

@ Bruno - Yessssss... it issss Ssssslackware, after all. MUAHAHAHA! 44.gif@ Sue - I had a feeling you'd like that one. :)

@ Bruno - Yessssss... it issss Ssssslackware, after all. MUAHAHAHA! 44.gif@ Sue - I had a feeling you'd like that one. :)
Yeah, it's got that creepy effect I'm always searching for. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

I sometimes forget that my brightness and gamma settings on my installations are a bit down compared to most folks (darker), so that dark red may not be as dark as it was on my system when I modded it with The GIMP.You can open it with The Gimp on your system and from the menu bar running across the top choose Colors and then scroll down to Brightness and Contrast... make it as dark as you like and re-save. :)

securitybreach

My new Archlinux with Xmonad wm installation on my EeePC 701 4g:Clean:54309755323857.gif Dirty: 9741be55336293.gifThanks

Edited by securitybreach