Another Colin OOPS!!!

kamicota

If you have Linux still on your regular drive you can boot into that and burn your image from there - you don't have to re-download it. :sweatingbullets: Boot into that version and we will go from there.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• teacher

• havnblast

• ross549

JuliaMy Desktops are --->>>One is TOTALLY Windows XPthe otherIs TOTALLY Linux with --->>>PCLosATLMepisand the Laptop is TOTALLY Windows XPCheers for YearsColin

Ok. If you can not get the laptop to burn it in Linux, rather than download, you might use Linux tools and burnthe images as an image to copy to another computer to burn the correct disk there? Just a thought. Am I as clear as mud?

Yes CLEAR as MUDD :hysterical: although I have all 5 isos on cd may be able to copy on to desktop here in Mepis and try a reburn what do you thinkColin :icon8: BUT STILL :D :P :rolleyes:

If you have them on a CD do this.1. Insert the CD in the drive while booted into the distro of your choice.2. Use Konqueror or desktop icon to display image of CD.3. Drag the CD image to your desktop or home. 4. Right click on new image and select K3b burn.5. Make the new CD using K3b!

ColinOh ColinColinAre you here? What happened? Where did you go? Did you get lost downloading or diid someone lead you astray - jealous of your time with Linux? :hysterical:

Walking is a great stress relief. I prefer shopping! :hysterical: Did you get anywhere with your images? What is your current status? Let me know and I will back out of Knoppix and switch over when you are ready. :rolleyes:

JuliaThank you for being SO UNDERSTANDINGHave just burned CD1 in Mepis & It is SuseNow we will have to copy cd 2 - 5 to desktop & do ther sameThank you :hysterical: Colin :rolleyes:

ColinI understand. No problem. It is frustrating when things do not go according to plan. Are you up to doing it today or have you spent too long at the computer? Should we start back in tomorrow afternoon when you are fresh? If so, let me know and finish burning your CDs today and we will resume.If you want to continue today, that is cool too. I have a granddaughter bugging me to do an ice cream run (she lives on the stuff) and I will go do a quick run and come back or if you are close to being ready we will do our run later. :)Just let me know.

JuliaPLEASE see to GRANDAUGHTER THEY ARE SO SPECIALmY TRIALS STILL CONTINUE WITH mEPIS Ejecting cd etcSo will try again in PCLOScatch you soonTake care and enjoy the warmth of a greandaughterCheers for YearsColin

OK. We will make a store run. She has lived with me all summer and must go back to college this week. Then daughter comes home from France in one week. It seems I get them one at a time this summer, not counting the usual summer visitors. :hysterical:

Just a note in Nero to burn an iso file - normally the wizard comes up when you start up Nero, just cancel that than go under the menu Record and go down to burn an image and than browse to the .iso file you want and Nero takes over from there.

Edited by havnblast

Hi Kelly & JuliaThis GETS WIERDER by the hourTried Bruning CD4 & CD5 after being copied to the desktop and when K3b popped up GET THIS they were --->>> UBUNTUNow I ask you wher am I heading with all this sgro here :hysterical: or here :rolleyes: Colin :icon8:

Edited by kamicota

hmmm I have never done a SUSE install, but I know it can't take that many cds to do the initial install are the first 3 SUSE?

Edited by havnblast

Suse does have 5 CDs or 2 DVDs. You have the right thing Colin. I think you also have Ubuntu CDs on that drive. I have found that recent versions of K3b list the most recent downloaded file and you must then browse to the correct file once you are in K3b and then select it. Did you do that?

Open K3b. Click on the folder icon that shows what you want to download. Then browse and find your Suse. Tell it ok and tell me what it lists as it computes the md5sum.

No, there is more likelihood of a dropped connection when you are downloading it all in one file. You are better off with your images. Did you go back in like I asked?