• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• steel

• havnblast

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

. . . . . The latest one from mandrake 10.2 RC1:. . . . . 117123210_3cc1aafa48_m.jpg <-- ClickB) BrunoPS: More these wallpapers specially made for Scot's Newsletter Forum: Here

martinultima
Screenshots of all my desktops (updated link)I've updated the shot of my Dell's desktop - much nicer looking now, and finally up to date. The only other thing I really did was move my other screenshots here so I could have one central location... enjoy!
Nice one Martin !! . . . . . Enlightenment is one heck of a lightweight WM :">
Yeah, but it's got so many more features in so much less space... I think it's my favorite yet, and I've tried just about all of them. Works nicely with GNOME and KDE too, but I don't use either of those much, and I only have them on my one system anyway. Edited by martinultima

Duece On Eight

Here is the present one I use for my Windows XP: Called the "Phoenix"http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2205/iviewcapt...32005time03.png :rolleyes: Taskbar is hidden, I don't as a rule keep a desktop pic on because of the space and resourses it take's up; you have to juggle for speed and customization. Just to let you know that windows still has alot of functionality also. Duece ;)

Edited by Duece On Eight

LOL . . . Duece . . .we need to get you on Linux a.s.a.p. . . . . . so you can post a few Linux screenshots . . :rolleyes: ;) :PB) Bruno( ** You have to admit that the buy got guts, posting an XP screenshot in the Linux forum B) )

Duece On Eight

I'll have a Linux screen-shot soon, but I will have to get it after I figure out how to connect to the internet and what kind of viewers I can use for manipulations, can't wait, I guess my next lessons will be on how to connect and what programs I have on the install to use, like a mailer-client, browser, I know Firefox is included in the install but I want to try out either the Gnome or Konquerer so let me know what we will do next can't wait to get to those app's. Duece

hi everyone i wanted to post a screenshot from a friends computer that i just installed vector 5 soho ... he was having a really tough time with slack 10.1 for some reason so i suggested he try vector 5 thats build on slack... and it detected everything and everything worked great ..also there are many plugins included here is some of the specs

cat /etc/slackware-versionSlackware 10.1.0
i am sure that if i installed swaret and set it at 10.1 it would work and here is the plugins that included
ls -al /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/plugins/total 2311drwxr-xr-x 2 999 users  304 2005-03-17 23:37 ./drwxr-xr-x  11 999 users    1056 2005-02-14 18:36 ../-rw-r--r-- 1  1006 wheel  856 2004-05-20 17:34 flashplayer.xpt-rwxr-xr-x 1  1006 wheel 2096844 2005-02-14 18:36 libflashplayer.so*lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root    50 2005-03-17 23:37 libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /opt/java/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so*-rwxr-xr-x 1 root  root    18840 2005-02-14 18:36 libnullplugin.so*-rwxr-xr-x 1 root  root    26496 2005-02-14 18:36 mozplugger.so*-rw-rw---- 1 louis users  206180 2005-02-14 18:36 mplayerplug-in.so-rw-rw---- 1 louis users  895 2005-02-14 03:24 mplayerplug-in.xpt
uname -r2.4.29
and here is the screenshot and i icluded many icons so everyone can have an idea thats included... only thing i added extra so far to his computer was streamstuner snapshot15ov.th.pngagain i just included the icons to desktop so if someone wanted to try vector 5 they would know what be included ...

Hi Steel,Really cool . . . . . . Glad you could set up your friend with VectorLinux . . . . LOL . . .I know once you tried Vector you will always be a Vec-Fan . . . . !! ;) ;) ( Vec-Fan for life B) )B) Bruno

Really cool . . . . . . Glad you could set up your friend with VectorLinux . . . . LOL . . .I know once you tried Vector you will always be a Vec-Fan . . . . !
hi Bruno i am really suprised cos the only vector i have on my system is vector 4.3 and i can tell you its nothing like this wow, Soho detects everything from sound and you dont have to search for java its included in soho... wow big diference from my vec 4.3 ;) .. ok well now i am jealous and i will replace my 4.3 with this one ;) ...

Sure you should replace your 4.3 . . .  . I am surprised that you did not do that already ;)
ok well i am slow B) B) besides i read a post where it was vector 5 soho beta and all the problems that everyone was having with it made me decide not to but this one i am impressed it detects everything and even he lilo detected everything on his comp so i didnt have to touch it wow .. ;) i do know the distros i am keeping cos i love em are pclos, debian sarge sid, are very safe ....

You need another HD in that system Steel . . . 2 HDs and you are in business B)
yeah thats what i want... what we have at work we have these removable hard drives that there is a door and you take out your hard drive and can move your hd where ever you go, its really neat i dont know what you call that and dont know if you can get that for home use.. but i would love it.. as of now i have a lil computer and my main computer .. but i wanted to stick to maybe 4 distros for sure ... slack. debian.. pclos .. i love and then add ???? dunno yet cos i not sure but i want to have .deb. rpms. and .tgz having all these distros is easy whats hard for me is always updating them, like debian sid sometimes there huge updates that are not always friendly i already had to configure my xwindows hmmm lost track now how many times and the last update send me to modconf ;) pclos is great its predictable because to be honest if they gave me a challenge like sid i wouldnt be updating my system that often ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the default desktop of Drake RC2 with the new "theme" for the "Limited Edition 2005"With the "new" KDE spashscreen:. . . . . 117123211_e61ca0f8ce_m.jpg <-- ClickWithout the KDE spashscreen:. . . . . 117123212_e3e42437ab_m.jpg <-- ClickFYI: After taking the shots I quickly switched to another background :( . . . . . I just wanted you to see how Mandrake is having FUN with Linux :PB) Bruno

Nice shots Nilson !! . . What is that second one ? Looks like 2 OS-es ( Linux and Mac ) on one screen . . . but I see it says PearPC. . . . . What is that ? Can you tell us something about that ? :lol: Bruno

Nilson - nice oe. Did you take that picture?Quint - Love it. That wallpaper is perfect for you. Do you have every distro represented on your computer?