2005-2006 Screenshots

nilson

Hi RéjeanDunno how it is called in English, but it shows me what time it is when in summer I am flat out and lazy relaxing in my armchair enjoying a cool drink and listening to the birds singing :lol: . . . . mind you it is not very accurate, but who cares when you are enjoying yourself ?:lol: Bruno

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• steel

• havnblast

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bruno!It's a sundial then. Who cares about accuracy when we are out enjoying nature. Who wants to say:"This morning I have relaxed for exactly one hour thirty-two minutes and twenty-five seconds"! Not me!

I love the tux and tosh icons too! :)The tux and tosh wall papers are also cool :)
Hey sonicglad you like em, my icons seem to be a favourite around here :( which is cool with me, :blink: but i had no idea about the wallpapers, guess i missed that part :P anyway your a gnome right? i used to be a real gnomie till gnome 2.2 came out thats when they changed a few things that i didnt like so i stoped but i am finding that hacking a few gnome things, gnome is not a bad windows after all, and i love the apps :)

The wall papers are on the tux 'n' tosh site.Yup, i'm a gnome and XFCE (which uses the gnome libs) person :D
hi Sonic thanks for pointing the wallpaper thread there, i got those i thought that you had found other wallpapers i missed :) i am getting back into gnome i used to love the old version i think after gnome 2.2 i stoped using gnome but now i am finding out by configuring a few things its pretty nice after all.. i love the apps thats for sure .. .Xfce is nice and so is window maker thats cool cos you can create your own style same applies to afterstep :lol:

Another screenshot of another distro: VectorLinux SOHO 5.0 with IceWM:. . . . 117123807_b6219202b0_m.jpgI really like the walpaper that came as default, so did not change that one :lol: . . . I did slap-get the xpenguin to give this shot a festive glow ;):) Bruno

Another screenshot of another distro: VectorLinux SOHO 5.0 with IceWM:I really like the walpaper that came as default, so did not change that one :sweatingbullets: . . . I did slap-get the xpenguin to give this shot a festive glow :sweatingbullets:
that is a nice screenshot Bruno, .. i thought that this was a nice log in screen tooGDM-ManzanaTuxBlack-Shot.pngfrom here

Okay the very last screenshot from my multiboots, the FreeBSD:. . . . . 117123487_b703a386c2_m.jpg <--ClickAs you can see, my new favorite program "Streamtuner" has a prominent place on the desktop ;) :DB) Bruno

Another linux site:Visit: ImageVenue( http://www.imagevenue.com/ ) Description: "Image Venue" uses a multiple server network to provide free image hosting for bloggers, eBay sellers, message board users, and personal websites. No registration is required. Your images will be web hosted on a Linux powered dedicated server network. Hot linking on a message board, personal webpage, or ebay auction is allowed. Maximum file size is 1.5 MB. Unlimited bandwidth and unlimited storage period. Free web hosting for these file types allowed: jpeg, jpg. Hosted images not accessed for one year will be deleted from their dedicated server. Date Added: Dec 16, 2004. Last Modified: Feb 23, 2005.

not sure if i know which one you mean kelly ? fluxboxconf2jb.th.pngi used 3 things to create that desktop wasnt hard at all ...for the wallpaper is used fbsetbg -fso example if you wanted to add some_wallpaper.jpg to the desktop and it was in your /home/havnblast/pics/some_wallpaper.jpg you would do fbsetbg -f /home/havnblast/pics/some_wallpaper.jpgalso i used fluxconf alot to get many settings that i wanted right ..also i used gkrellm as you can tell and also gdesklets to create the icons that i wanted and the clock and weather and used many of the tuxs icons and if you notice the brunos tip icon is the there too ;) its very easy to do and fun some other window managers are worse :w00t: if your still running gentoo i seen a pretty good guide for Gentoo here but if you are looking for something more challenging i would suggest afterstep or window maker this is rather simple to create and fun

Looks really good Steel ! Fluxbox can be real pretty in spite of it being a so superlight window manager :P
thanks for complients Kelly and Bruno... but i there is something i cant manage to do and that is have a transparent gkrellm ... i also changed the style and even added some gentoo icons but gkrellm sticks out bad :( ... here is another look at my fat fluxbox :P ..would you fix gkrellm?? B) :D B) fluxbox35lk.th.png

I will send you the skin by mail . . . you place the directory in "/usr/share/gkrellm2/themes/" . . . and then you can change the theme in the config to "invisible":D BrunoUPDATE: The mail is send B)

I will send you the skin by mail . . . you place the directory in "/usr/share/gkrellm2/themes/" . . . and then you can change the theme in the config to "invisible"
Thanks Bruno i couldnt figure that part out i still need a few more touches and it should look good after, considering this is a fluxbox :lol:updatedthanks Bruno ... will follow your directions and everything should look good after that and a few more tweaks i will have a nice looking fluxbox box B) Edited by steel

You can configure Gkrellm the same way in every WM . . . just left click the top and you get the config . . . at the end are the "themes" . . . click on invisible and it is there ;)Then, when you right-click on the seperate sections you get another config for finetuning that particular krellB) Bruno

WOW i am impressed now ... thanks Bruno its B) :D fluxbox54vr.th.pngi changed some icons around.. and this is great i love that theme not bad for a lil flutebox

Edited by steel