pclos8

gauchoperezoso

Okay . . if there is "Mount Point" it means it is not mounted . . so unmounting is not needed . . . so format is enough :"> . . . format goes so fast that you will not notice it is done . . . Could you choose "what format" you wanted to format ??:w00tx100: Bruno

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gauchoperezoso

• Bruno

• ross549

• ikerekes

gauchoperezoso

no i couldnt :w00tx100: thats the problem.i can choose mount point though.after clicking format i click ok on the worning popup and nothing happens.still i see 2 blue partitions.blue means windows :">

Gaucho . . there is a large button in the bottom of that GUI saying "troggle expert mode" . . press that button !You get more options . . one of them is "Type" . . . that is what you want ! . . then set it to "ReiserFS" and then press "Format":"> Bruno

gauchoperezoso

actually i dont,i formatted the whole hd couple of times already :)i only have 2 partitions now.first reiser and second one is windows.i rebooted the system and configured all the settings.works fine :">

gauchoperezoso

one more thing.mousse wheel doesnt work.should i choose wheel options in usb mouse gui?i chose generic 3button wheel mouse.i only have two buttons :">

How many MB memory do you have on that system ? And what hda?? did you just format and what is the number of the Windows hda?? And what is on that partition ?:w00tx100: BrunoPS: We will do the mouse after the install . . . 3 button means wheelmouse with a right and a left button . . . you can press the wheel that is the 3rd button ( 2 functions on the wheel :"> )

Sorry . . one other step before we can do the install . . . Just take 500 MB of the hda1 . . . . resize in "expert mode" and choose type "swap" ( first option ) and format ;) . . . you will have to reboot again :( . . . . B) Bruno

PERFECT !!!!! :DJust reboot and do your configure trick again ( last time ;) . . because after the install your steeings are saved B) )Just to be sure: Log in as Guest ;):( Bruno

That is still Okay Gaucho . . because the bootloader of PCLos will include windows too ( maybe we have to add it, but that is simple ;) ) . . . No problem !!Okay . . go for the install and remember . . no more formatting . . ( uncheck the box ! ) . . and the bootloader "LILO" in the MBR . . . ( hda )Go for it and keep us posted ! . . Any questions . . I am right here ! Ask before you take the wrong decision :DB) BrunoPS: Normally re-numbering is a problem . . but because you ONLY have windows there, in this case it is not ! B)

gauchoperezoso

ok.am back.the only problem is that my windows doesnt wanna boot now.it says error starting os.but anyways i can install windows later.eventually i want to have linux only but since i know so little about linux i wanted to keep it alive.can i first install pclos and the windows?

Just install PCLos . . and you will see that after that your Windows will boot again . . . this is just because Win went from hda5 to hda6 . . so the Win bootloader is messed up . . . but we do not need the Win bootloader anymore because we will use LILO . . and we will point lilo to hda6 for Windows . . . And Win will boot again without any hickups :DIf there should however be a failure with Win ( Highly unlikely ! ). . . . we have to make a boot CD for PCLos so we can restore the Lilo after you re-installed Windows . . . No Worries . . .Start the install :DB) BrunoPS: Just for later reference: This is the part we have to add to /etc/lilo.conf to include your Windows:

other=/dev/hda6        label="windows"        table=/dev/hda

I will help you with it after the install ;)

Go for it Gaucho . . . it is a really simple install . . fully automatic . . . just make the right choices like I told you :DFingers crossed ;);) Bruno

ok Bruno you will have to hold me by tha hand now ;) .i click next innstead of disk partitioner right?
Yep !!! . . skip the partitioner B) . . . we have partitions ;):( Bruno

gauchoperezoso

i clicked on next couple off times and now it is installing all the things.ill be posting every now and then.i do keep my fingers crossed ;) B)

Bruno...... in my install PCLos detected the windows partition and put a lilo entry in... thought you should know. It was fully automatic.;)

LOL . . . Adam . . I do not have Windows . . . . . . 4 computers . . no Windows ;) . . I know Mandrake includes it . . and previous the PCLos 5 did not . . . but have no way of checking ;)B) Burno

Where's Gauchoperezoso? ;) :(
Well if you ask me . . . . . nooooo idea :D . . . . Man I hope there is nothing wrong like a blown up laptop B) . . . getting really nervous here . . . B) Bruno

Gaucho,It is getting late . . . . and you have not been back yet . . . I seriously hope that there is nothing serious that happened. Can't imagine what went wrong . . . . all was going so smooth and fine . . . it did look really good, we passed all the critical points, nothing that could go wrong anymore . . I am logging out of the forum now and hope to see you posted a reassuring message as I log back in tomorrow moring. ;);) Bruno