hard disk free to install

striker

Ozi!Welcome to the wide world web or whatever it is.  It does get confusing keeping track of who lives where and what time it is there.  Striker sure has a nice little graphic there.  Then again I think some of us live "in the land of it's always time for linux - no matter what time of day or night it happens to be! "  :)  Isn't it great!
Hi Julia and Striker,The first thing that crossed my mind was the Dreaded Linux Addiction and presumptuous enough to even THINK that Striker may be sufferring from it. :w00tx100: :PIgnalum had a 'World' clock and map showing Daylight / Darkness and world times.I should see if I can get it for SuSE.. then I'll know Who's getting into bed and Who's getting out of it... and more importantly... What day and date they are doing it. :w00tx100: USA... 14hrs, 'the day before'.... what a dummy. >_< Now all we need to do is Move the International Date Line to the other side of the US, and we'll all have our birthdays on the correct date. B) I mean LOOK at the Confusion of all of this causes! :devil: Ozi > I spoke to Julia today.Julia > No Ozi, you spoke to me yesterday.Ozi > Oh well, I'll phone you tommorrow, and speak to you about it TODAY! Other than that I'll write this yesterday so that it will be 'ground-breaking' news and up-to-the-minute tommorrow! :wacko: :w00tx100: :devil: :angry2: Edit: This edit was done this evening so that you can read it this morning. :wacko:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• striker

• Ozidave

• teacher

• Bruno

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozi But I am reading this in the evening on Saturday night. However, it is Sunday morning for Bruno and Sunday afternoon for you. Gee, if it is Sunday, I missed church already. Oh well, don't tell anyone. Oh, did I mention it is only Saturday afternoon for Jeber? It sure is confusing. I wonder how many different time Zones we have represented here. Let's see, Bruno is six hours ahead of me. You are about 14 hours ahead of me. Peachy is a couple of hours behind me, while Arena is one hour behind me and Jeber is 3 hours. . . . I am confused. What day is it? If it is dark out is it day or night? Where would be without Ozi around to give us a laugh for the day or night and to keep us on our toes???? B)

Peachy is a couple of hours behind me, while Arena is one hour behind me and Jeber is 3 hours. . . .  I am confused.  What day is it?  If it is dark out is it day or night?
You must be confused! ^_^ I'm in the Eastern Daylight Time Zone. You can't be 2 hours ahead of me because correct my geography, but aren't you in the same?

Ooops Peachy! Guess I had better go look at a map of Canada. I had it in my mind that you were a couple of hours behind me! :blush:

Either we all need to install Ignalum for the sake of the 'World Geographical Clock' or some of us 'NEED' to track it down as a RPM. :thumbsup: BTW, you can even stick little flags in all of the different places.. etc.But if you live beyond the 'black stump' or at Oodnawoopwoop, it may be a 'little' hard to find a chimney to stick it in... :P

I believe there are a number of different options world clocks. If I remember right Karamba had some options like that. I will have to go back and look when I get some free time.

Either we all need to install Ignalum for the sake of the 'World Geographical Clock' or some of us 'NEED' to track it down as a RPM.  :'( BTW, you can even stick little flags in all of the different places.. etc.But if you live beyond the 'black stump' or at Oodnawoopwoop, it may be a 'little' hard to find a chimney to stick it in...  ;)
Hi Dave . . . the program you are looking for is "kworldclock" ( trype it in a console and see if it starts . . if not it's not installed :) ) and makes part of the package "kdetoys" ( type as root "rpm -q kdetoys" to see if the package is installed )If not installed you can get the SUSE rpm here:ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/sus....2.3-3.i586.rpmB) Bruno

Hi Dave . . . the program you are looking for is "kworldclock" ( trype it in a console and see if it starts . . if not it's not installed :'( ) and makes part of the package "kdetoys" ( type as root "rpm -q kdetoys" to see if the package is installed )If not installed you can get the SUSE rpm here:ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/sus....2.3-3.i586.rpmB) Bruno
Heyyyyyyyyyyy Bruno, B) Very much appreciated.. ;) But! there are about 200 conflicts for the want of about 5 other files.From what I can see... KDE would have nothing left to work with if I 'ignored' the conflicts. :( And I'm going to play 'safe'.. Not install it at all. Other than that, it may need the registered / Pro version with Libjack + Jack and some other files etc.Now all I need is the same thing for Mandrake 10.. But I will have look at that link (shortened) and see if I can find it.Muchas Gracias!!! :)

Hi Dave,For Mandrake it is on your CDs . . . . simple install with the MCC :DB) BrunoPS: there are other packages for SUSE have a look: http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3 and type in "kdetoys"
Ho Ho Ho!I went here for a look and d/l the games RPM hoping it was there.. Never mind... Problem solved if it's on the CD.I went to this URL.... Verrrrrry interesting, that was after I went to the SRPMS first and I backed out of there very quickly... :'( That's 'your' kind of country. :DStriker may find this URL interesting if he wants to 'Fill-Up' a bit of Mandrake 10. ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...6/Mandrake/RPMS

Thanks Dave,I've got all 4 cd's so there's no need for me, but nice you thought about me.Actually...I might open a little from the secret...the clock you saw way above in the picture... remember? It's not a linux clock, it's from that other distro.You can find it here :www.programming.deClick on your left hand on "downloads" , it's a site with very interesting "toys" .

It's not a linux clock, it's from that other distro.You can find it here : www.programming.deClick on your left hand on "downloads" , it's a site with very interesting "toys" .
Oh well! one more trip to the 'dark' side of computing is NOT going to corrupt me any further I shouldn't imagine. :blink: So I might just sign out of Linux and re-boot into 'that other Distro'... :w00t:Thanks for the Heads-Up.

Yesterday I was perusing a stack of about 40 cds with linux distros on them, I happen to remember something like "kworldtimeclock" or something alike wandered over the screen, can't remember though what distro. Maybe do a search for it, was it pclos??? I don't remember.

Yesterday I was perusing a stack of about 40 cds with linux distros on them, I happen to remember something like "kworldtimeclock" or something alike wandered over the screen, can't remember though what distro. Maybe do a search for it, was it pclos??? I don't remember.
HI Striker,Thanks again, but it has all been fixed.. Not for SuSE, (Personal) too many other files and conflicts involved.From what I've seen, it's not all that smart either. The times appear Ok, but the whole World is on the same date?Not unless there's something I've missed. :ph34r: :P

little update :working hard to get the distros on the disk.Three are on them now and fully functional.On to the next one... wish me luck ... :D :D Another update : 4 installed and functioning ok. :lol: :happyroll:

Edited by striker

little update :working hard to get the distros on the disk.Three are on them now and fully functional.On to the next one... wish me luck ... :D  :D  Another update : 4 installed and functioning ok.  :D  :happyroll:
Aren't you bored with all of this success? It appears the challenge has gone into hiding... :D But it's great! :lol: It looks like the Pig-of-a-computer has learned 'Who is the Boss' :D

number 5 installed and functioning...tuning and tweaking will have to wait untill tomorrow.Installed until now :Mandrake 10 OfficialSuSE 9.1 ProSimplyMepis 2004.01PCLinuxOS P7Libranet 2.8.1The last one (for now) will be RH9...but that has to wait till tomorrow.When all is finished and working properly I intend to write a little experience story, don' t know how to accomplish that in exact terms, but I do have a couple of ideas.We'll see by then.

When all is finished and working properly I intend to write a little experience story, don' t know how to accomplish that in exact terms, but I do have a couple of ideas. We'll see by then.
I can help you there........ :happyroll: How to Install Multiple Linux Systems.-----------------------------------------------------------------You fill in this bit ................And don't forget to paginate as you go.----------------------------------------------------------------(The usual Disclaimers) < Here >This article was Written with the assistance of (the Usual Credits) < Here >And don't forget to add YOUR name too. :lol:

StrikerWas Ozi's advice sufficient? Did you figure out the little bit. I think you better add his name to the credits at the bottom. <I also think Ozi is running for resident clown of the ATL. :D :lol: :happyroll: >

Hey Ozi,always nice to see you around ! And don't make me laugh that much (laughing and slapping on knees), for all that laughing I haven't got time to install the rest, let alone keep my head clear to remember who's to credit who ! :thumbsup: :hmm: Thought you were slackin' by now, but found out you aren't. TeacherWhat about a sticky called "funny remarks when all else fails" ?

Thought you were slackin' by now, but found out you aren't.
Hi Striker,Check out the Signature. ;) 2 hrs from Whoa-to-Go. B) And everything I've checked so far is Ok. :thumbsup: 7 Text editors.4 Web browsers + Google Browser.6 Audio Players.Now all I need is five other people to share it at the same time. Seems to be a waste for one person. :thumbsup:

Ozi.....I think I will be installing Slack this weekend... Have a "4-day" liberty,and i think i will make use of it. If I had a working second computer, I would be doing a Gentoo install. :thumbsup:

Ozi (David)Are you having an identity crisis? Tired of being called Ozi? tired of folks guessing from your user name that you go by Dave? Or afraid that you will be called resident clown? :thumbsup:

Dave,You beat me to it...(had a look at your signature) ... splendid, indeed ! :thumbsup:(Good to put that in capitals, I have poor eyes !)

If I had a working second computer, I would be doing a Gentoo install. :thumbsup:
Hello Ross549,If you install Slackware v10 first, You can then install Gentoo on the same computer using the excellent 'LiLo' configuration application that will be available for your use as it is part of the default install of Slackware. You will however have to know what partitions you have installed what on. It would be best to write them down.And while I am not proficient in its application to date, I am sure that there are others here that would only be too willing to help you.Have a nice 'Liberty' break.David.