Got me a kitty v.2

abarbarian

P.S. You could have had it all taken care of for a lot less than what you paid for that keyboard.

< /birching> ;)

:Laughing: :Laughing:

• Like 1
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• V.T. Eric Layton

• ebrke

• abarbarian

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oates is now nearly 2. He's gone from an all out 140 MPH kitten to an adult. He still has boundless energy but he channels it a bit better. He's a real ladies man - adores my wife and daughter and Ma

No Eric . That's what is commonly (lol) known as a Regal pose . ..That cat is growing up very fast.

securitybreach

P.S. You could have had it all taken care of for a lot less than what you paid for that keyboard.

;)

Well I have wanted one of these long before I wanted a cat.

ebrke

In many places there are animal welfare groups that have connections with vets who will give a discount on spaying/neutering costs. It would probably be worth investigating if you need to have it done. Or your own vet might have information even if they don't participate in a discounting program themselves.

• Like 1
V.T. Eric Layton

;)

Well I have wanted one of these long before I wanted a cat.

We all prioritize differently. IIWII :)

V.T. Eric Layton

In many places there are animal welfare groups that have connections with vets who will give a discount on spaying/neutering costs.

Yes. This is exactly how I was able to get my outside cats all taken care of earlier this spring. Spay/Neuter w/ vaccinations and tags from the county only cost $10 per cat with the vouchers that the county provided for low-income folks. I'm very thankful. I've donated some items and volunteered some of my services (computer help, carpentry, etc.) at the place where I took the kitties.

securitybreach

In many places there are animal welfare groups that have connections with vets who will give a discount on spaying/neutering costs.

Yes. This is exactly how I was able to get my outside cats all taken care of earlier this spring. Spay/Neuter w/ vaccinations and tags from the county only cost $10 per cat with the vouchers that the county provided for low-income folks. I'm very thankful. I've donated some items and volunteered some of my services (computer help, carpentry, etc.) at the place where I took the kitties.

Nice but unfortunately I make just enough that it costs normal price. Around here, unless your on government assistance, you cannot get any sort of vouchers. When I lived in Daytona, they used to have the PAWS bus come around and you could get it done for free.

• Like 1
securitybreach

I think I know why Anubis is laying on his back (trying to stay cool) but its looks so funny.

The fur is not white on his private area but it's just so thin that you see the skin underneath.

Cu43JkQ.jpg

ichase

Pretty kitty Ian :thumbup:

Thanks Josh, I do miss my Lil' Emma :(

So Anubis is a "he" not a "she"? If that is the case, wont have to worry about "him" having kittens, but a few of your neighbors might be :thumbup:

Edited by ichase
securitybreach

Pretty kitty Ian :thumbup:

Thanks Josh, I do miss my Lil' Emma :(

So Anubis is a "he" not a "she"? If that is the case, wont have to worry about "him" having kittens, but a few of your neighbors might be :thumbup:

Yeah, you must of been on hiatus when I finally figured it out. When he came back, he was a little wet so I could actually see what was down there.

• Like 1
V.T. Eric Layton

To get him fixed is a simple and painless operation that costs much, much less than for a female. It will cure him of wonderlust, extend his lifetime. Something to consider.

• Like 1
securitybreach

To get him fixed is a simple and painless operation that costs much, much less than for a female. It will cure him of wonderlust, extend his lifetime. Something to consider.

Yeah, I know but I can barely afford to pay the bills... I was only able to get the Das with some birthday money.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, I know but I can barely afford to pay the bills... I was only able to get the Das with some birthday money.

I feel your pain, brother. I really do.

securitybreach

I feel your pain, brother. I really do.

I know you do...

• Like 1
ebrke

painless operation

FUD :whistling:

Well, it's painless because he'd be under sedation. Maybe you can investigate some of the animal welfare groups and see what it would cost, Josh, just a point of knowledge. As Eric pointed out, it'll cost considerably less than if he were a female, and unfortunately he may continue to try to slip out and prowl for eligible females if he's not fixed.
securitybreach

painless operation

FUD :whistling:

Well, it's painless because he'd be under sedation. Maybe you can investigate some of the animal welfare groups and see what it would cost, Josh, just a point of knowledge. As Eric pointed out, it'll cost considerably less than if he were a female, and unfortunately he may continue to try to slip out and prowl for eligible females if he's not fixed.

There are none of those types of groups around here. They have shelters but unless you are on welfare, you cannot get it done for free or reduced price.

• 2 months later...
securitybreach

So Anubis disappeared the day after I got here but returned Monday night. I heard a meowing from across the street so I went and looked and what do you know, it was Anubis. I almost didnt recognize him since he lost his winter coat and looked much thinner because of it until I started looking for certain markings and its him for sure. He was gone for about a month and a couple of days. Anyway, I am going to go get him fixed, get all of his shots and get him chipped Wednesday. He still disappears during the day but he comes back everyday at around 3pm and hangs out all night. Once he is fixed, he will not wander as much.

As most of you know he was an inside cat for the last couple of years and since I cannot keep him indoors here, I thought he ran off and I would never see him again.

I am so happy my little Buddy is back. Here are a couple of pics I just took of him:

dPUeZej.jpg

8BddAg0.jpg

WiXPP1c.jpg

• Like 1
securitybreach

That's great, Josh! Too bad you can't keep him inside now but hopefully neutering will help keep him closer to home.

Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

It's a real dangerous life for an outside kitty. I wish Anubis the best of luck. I also hope you manage to get a job and a place of your own REAL SOON so you can take Anubis back inside where he belongs.

I'm not going to say anything else about this, Josh.

securitybreach

It's a real dangerous life for an outside kitty. I wish Anubis the best of luck. I also hope you manage to get a job and a place of your own REAL SOON so you can take Anubis back inside where he belongs.

I'm not going to say anything else about this, Josh.

Believe me, I know and it breaks my heart hearing him meowing wanting to come in but there is nothing I can do presently.