Jump to content
amenditman

Post the funniest thing you saw on the Internets today

Recommended Posts

sunrat

Following my comment about Josh's Google search predictions, here are some current Quora questions waiting in my queue:

 

How can computers and phones shut down and turn on again without the internet and still know the time?

What JBL speaker is the loudest?

Does the JBL speaker have a good life?

Is 300, three times more than 100, or 2 times more than 100?

What is something that only a person with an IQ of 100 could solve?

Why are my Beats solo3 headphones so tight on my head?

Will an MP4 player play MP3s?

Do I need an amplifier for a home theater?

Can you show that eight is half of thirteen?

Why do you think that U2 should retire?

Why is it not safe to eat an apple at breakfast?

Do roadies really help rock stars get laid?

Where can I get Ableton Live 10 for free?
Can a MacBook survive a drop of 50 feet?

My dad said he was going to grocery store, he hasn't been back yet. Where is he?

 

That's just from my current feed. Some of the all-time classics are even more hilarious or just downright facepalm material.

 

Edit, this one just popped up:

Is it true that Windows is basically just a pretty Linux? :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V.T. Eric Layton
1 hour ago, sunrat said:

Can a MacBook survive a drop of 50 feet?

 

I'd recommend this person experiment and see. ;)

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • +1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V.T. Eric Layton

vIRTPcR.jpg

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

mb6cio1hpqe41.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

xxbzvmtzgwe41.jpg

  • Haha 3
  • +1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bookmem
On 2/1/2020 at 6:14 PM, sunrat said:

Following my comment about Josh's Google search predictions, here are some current Quora questions waiting in my queue:

 

How can computers and phones shut down and turn on again without the internet and still know the time?

What JBL speaker is the loudest?

Does the JBL speaker have a good life?

Is 300, three times more than 100, or 2 times more than 100?

What is something that only a person with an IQ of 100 could solve?

Why are my Beats solo3 headphones so tight on my head?

Will an MP4 player play MP3s?

Do I need an amplifier for a home theater?

Can you show that eight is half of thirteen?

Why do you think that U2 should retire?

Why is it not safe to eat an apple at breakfast?

Do roadies really help rock stars get laid?

Where can I get Ableton Live 10 for free?
Can a MacBook survive a drop of 50 feet?

My dad said he was going to grocery store, he hasn't been back yet. Where is he?

 

That's just from my current feed. Some of the all-time classics are even more hilarious or just downright facepalm material.

 

Edit, this one just popped up:

Is it true that Windows is basically just a pretty Linux? :D

I enjoy answering some tech questions on Quara, but you are right.  Over 90% of the questions are DUMB!!!!😠  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sunrat

Re that question "Can you show that eight is half of thirteen? " I don't know. Half of 13 is 7. I will award you one internet if you can explain the reasoning in that. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach
54 minutes ago, sunrat said:

Re that question "Can you show that eight is half of thirteen? " I don't know. Half of 13 is 7. I will award you one internet if you can explain the reasoning in that. ;)

 

Actually, that would be 6.5 not 7.... ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sunrat
3 minutes ago, securitybreach said:

 

Actually, that would be 6.5 not 7.... ;)

 

 

Sorry no internet for you. There is one scenario in which it is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach
1 minute ago, sunrat said:

 

Sorry no internet for you. There is one scenario in which it is true.

 

How so? 6.5 + 6.5 = 13

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

evxareof68f41.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

UJzVJ1G.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sunrat

Ok I left you in suspenders for long enough. 13/2 = 7 in base11.

 

From the interwebz:

Quote

 

Base 11 system is a system of numbers formed by numbers from 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and A; that is eleven numbers.

Base 10 in decimal is equal to A in Base 11. Base 11 in decimal is equal to 10 in base 11.

 

 

Homework:

10/2 = ? in hexadecimal (base16)

12/2 = ? in base8

1D (base14) = ? in base10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V.T. Eric Layton
3 hours ago, sunrat said:

Homework:

10/2 = ? in hexadecimal (base16)

12/2 = ? in base8

1D (base14) = ? in base10

 

I feel a headache coming on.

 

oSmKNAQ.jpg

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zlim

Think Roman numerals guys.

Thirteen is XIII. Draw a horizontal line through that and erase the bottom part. You are left with VIII, which just happens to be 8.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • +1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

Ah, ok. I was wondering what you were referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sunrat

Homework answers - 8, 5, 27 ;)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V.T. Eric Layton

You used Google to get those answers. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sunrat
1 minute ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

You used Google to get those answers. ;)

 

No, just brainpower. It doesn't take much of it. I'm sure you understand binary, decimal and hexadecimal. This is just extrapolating from there.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V.T. Eric Layton
9 minutes ago, sunrat said:

I'm sure you understand binary, decimal and hexadecimal.

 

Absolutely. I went to Catholic school for 11 years. Of course, that was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. These days, I use Google. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V.T. Eric Layton

And for our next homework question... Polynomial Equations!

 

picture-subhome.gif

 

:hysterical:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

w2ODg2F.png

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sunrat

Dammit, can only put one reaction. I wanted to do this ^ :

:):(

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

vn6glbA.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

lyn2pn53erf41.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

uxIAtMw.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

SbhX6p4.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

vikf6c3tyrf41.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

kcCLWzK.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

k91DEkO.png

  • Haha 4
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...