• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V.T. Eric Layton

• ross549

• Capt.Crow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, not everyone bikes for exercise. Some bike for transportation, gas savings, etc. A motorized bike might be fine for them. Personally, I bike primarily for the exercise. I don't even take short c

Not the curling thing again. Sheeesh! Those things are no fun. Fun to watch others do them, though.       Treks are nice bikes. They're comparable to my Specialized. I have a Trek dealer nea

Took her out for a nice 13.5 mile spin this morning. Put her through the usual paces. Everything is working smoothly. Sure feels good to be riding again!   There was only one small problem... I coul

securitybreach

Those shopping carts are expensive though.

I'm pretty sure he didn't buy it... In larger cities, you see them laying around as people walk home with them. Your obviously not supposed to but people do do it.

securitybreach

Well the grocery stores do send people around the neighborhoods as you see the trucks with 4-5 carts in the back.

Some stores even have a warning written on the carts that basically said that "taking the cart off of premises is stealing and they will prosecute".

V.T. Eric Layton

Being an experienced bike rider, I can tell you that that setup would be inherently dangerous. The small wheels on that cart would not roll well at speed. A small dip or pot hole in the road would cause that fellow to go ascii over tea kettle.

It would be better to modify the cart to be pulled by the bike.

This would work gooder...

102-0916134223-shoppinc-cart-trailer.JPG

This one might work, too...

shopping_cart_cargo_bike.jpg?

• Like 1
Temmu

ha!

well, that is the most posts i've received in a long time!

and the posts are insightful comments too!

wow. what a grand string in this thread!

• Like 2
Capt.Crow

Yer grand mate .. The first one is a no no .Squidge bang wallop.

The double articulated trailer . Looks real good.

The tricycle looks just like a butcherboy's delivery cycle .

I actually used to have an afterschool job delivering meat for the local butcher on something like that .

Memory lane hey!!

ebrke

Over $100 each

Not the best way...

Meaning stealing one ...

I remember stories some years ago about grocery stores taking steps to keep carts from leaving the property, something on the order of the invisible fence you put around your yard to keep your dog confined with a special collar. Haven't heard anything about that in a long time though.
amenditman

I remember stories some years ago about grocery stores taking steps to keep carts from leaving the property, something on the order of the invisible fence you put around your yard to keep your dog confined with a special collar. Haven't heard anything about that in a long time though.

Some of them (Walmart?) have an RFID type system that creates a perimeter that locks one wheel if it crosses outside it.
ross549

Some stores do a simpler method. You put a quarter in a slot on the car to release it from the group of carts. When you put you cart back, you get your quarter back. Strangely enough, cart theft drps dramatically in this scenario.

amenditman

Some stores do a simpler method. You put a quarter in a slot on the car to release it from the group of carts. When you put you cart back, you get your quarter back. Strangely enough, cart theft drps dramatically in this scenario.

Folks who really need a cart can "buy" one for a quarter. Folks who are lazy can still just leave them around the parking lot.

Most folks will get their quarter back, and save the store from having to fetch so many carts around the lot.

• Like 1
ebrke

Folks who really need a cart can "buy" one for a quarter. Folks who are lazy can still just leave them around the parking lot.

Most folks will get their quarter back, and save the store from having to fetch so many carts around the lot.

They could certainly use a system like that at the store where I shop most of the time. You frequently have to round up a cart from the parking lot yourself, the store apparently has other work for the person who's supposed to be collecting them.
Capt.Crow

Tom Hanks lived on the quarters that he collected from the unreturned carts at JFK. The name of the movie escapes me ,it was a good one though .

• Like 1
amenditman

They could certainly use a system like that at the store where I shop most of the time. You frequently have to round up a cart from the parking lot yourself, the store apparently has other work for the person who's supposed to be collecting them.

Have to figure, that employee (or employees) generate zero dollars of income for the company.
Temmu

it's a looong movie - i have the dvd - it's pretty good, though.

one traveler in airport bathroom to tom, "do you ever just feel like you live at the airport?" :D

Capt.Crow

That position will give you a lot more power in your legs . I would love a bike like that . Big Time.