Show us your bike!

ross549

Over $100 each

Not the best way...

Meaning stealing one ...

I remember stories some years ago about grocery stores taking steps to keep carts from leaving the property, something on the order of the invisible fence you put around your yard to keep your dog confined with a special collar. Haven't heard anything about that in a long time though.

I remember stories some years ago about grocery stores taking steps to keep carts from leaving the property, something on the order of the invisible fence you put around your yard to keep your dog confined with a special collar. Haven't heard anything about that in a long time though.

Some of them (Walmart?) have an RFID type system that creates a perimeter that locks one wheel if it crosses outside it.

Guest LilBambi

So that's what's wrong with a bunch of them ... those RFIDs are not working very well...these are inside their own stores. ;)

Some stores do a simpler method. You put a quarter in a slot on the car to release it from the group of carts. When you put you cart back, you get your quarter back. Strangely enough, cart theft drps dramatically in this scenario.

Some stores do a simpler method. You put a quarter in a slot on the car to release it from the group of carts. When you put you cart back, you get your quarter back. Strangely enough, cart theft drps dramatically in this scenario.

Folks who really need a cart can "buy" one for a quarter. Folks who are lazy can still just leave them around the parking lot.

Most folks will get their quarter back, and save the store from having to fetch so many carts around the lot.

• Like 1

Folks who really need a cart can "buy" one for a quarter. Folks who are lazy can still just leave them around the parking lot.

Most folks will get their quarter back, and save the store from having to fetch so many carts around the lot.

They could certainly use a system like that at the store where I shop most of the time. You frequently have to round up a cart from the parking lot yourself, the store apparently has other work for the person who's supposed to be collecting them.

Tom Hanks lived on the quarters that he collected from the unreturned carts at JFK. The name of the movie escapes me ,it was a good one though .

• Like 1

They could certainly use a system like that at the store where I shop most of the time. You frequently have to round up a cart from the parking lot yourself, the store apparently has other work for the person who's supposed to be collecting them.

Have to figure, that employee (or employees) generate zero dollars of income for the company.

abarbarian

I recon he is supporting the Tour De France.These blooming yellow bikes have been turning up all over the place back home in Yorkshire.

2014-07-07-232001529x350scrot.png

V.T. Eric Layton

So, that's what those yellow bikes signify. I saw one somewhere in Tampa the other day and was wondering. We have white bikes here (called Ghost Bikes). They're permanently posted at places where bike riders have been killed while riding.

http://ghostbikes.org/

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

ha! you could not wear nice shoes and a suit and do that!

You might manage to smoke the pipe, though. ;)

Aussie bike :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: No brakes ...No mudguards....Upside down handlebars ..And the nipper does all the work..I love it.. :smashcomp: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :clap:

ha! you could not wear nice shoes and a suit and do that!

You youngsters need to pay attention to detail, he is wearing galloshers. (Welly's or wellington boots) B)

Spotted these badly parked bikes whilst cruising the Ouse last weekend.

timgp3896.jpg

timgp3916.jpg

timgp3948.jpg

timgp3950.jpg

Blooming Tour de France organisers should have taken their litter home. :breakfast: