installing an OS on a partioned drive

longgone

I must concur. When I did Fedora - the first release, it wiped out my entire drive! Good thing I have two drives. :w00t:Julia B)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• longgone

• teacher

• jodef

Top Posters In This Topic

:) B) Bruno/Teacher,,,,I read where Peachys' Windows portion of the hard drive became fodder food for Fedora ((hungry little devil) could possibly be a spawn of Evil Enity). I will be installing all of this stuff (???) on a drive seperate of the XP drive. I hope that there will not be any type of inter-drive conflict here, but to be safe it will start out on the "B" machine before I try it on the "A" machine. :w00t: B) :lol:

That appears to be a safe way to do it. When I installed it, I put it on my A drive which left my B drive intact for Mandrake. That way I did not lose it. I only had play distros on my A drive so that was all I lost. It does not seem to interfer with other drives. Julia B)

B) :) :w00t: Wow, Lo and behold, just back from the Post Office and to my surprise what did appear, was not Santa nor his reindeer. It was the Linux Pak I ordered all the way from close over by Bruno (they came from France). So ..... now it is time for my install party new post coming up shortly.