List of Conky Resources

ichase

Yous de man ichase, fab effort looking good. :th_Smileywave:

I knew if I hung around long enough someone would crack the rings thing B)

Please do post your scripts. :hug:

Added a conky music player that uses a single lua ring that changes colors as the song progresses. The additional scripts also produce the album art work in the center of the ring as well. I'm curently using the scripts for Clementine music player.

d86268252834291.jpg

This music conky is from VastOnes great work that covers just about every opensource music player out there.

Here is the link to the tutorial that has the link to all of the config files needed:

Vastone's Music Conky Tutorial

Edited by ichase

Well before you do that. I am looking at adding a conky BELOW the Arch symbol that ports to the Arch Linux update page that will show me the top ten updates for the day. :thumbup:

• Like 1

abarbarian

Added a conky music player that uses a single lua ring that changes colors as the song progresses. The additional scripts also produce the album art work in the center of the ring as well. I'm curently using the scripts for Clementine music player.

d86268252834291.jpg

This music conky is from VastOnes great work that covers just about every opensource music player out there.

Here is the link to the tutorial that has the link to all of the config files needed:

Vastone's Music Conky Tutorial

Yums have some work of art there ichase. :thumbs:

Those rings and text and bar graphs look very much like the conky set up for the Livarp os. :breakfast:

• Like 1

Yums have some work of art there ichase. :thumbs:

Thanks for the compliment.

Those rings and text and bar graphs look very much like the conky set up for the Livarp os. :breakfast:

What is this Livarp OS you speak of?

• 1 month later...

I was messing aroung with conky again using both ichase's and amenditman's .conkyrc as reference. Looking at the top processess between the two I think I noticed something.

A line of code from ichase's top processess looks like:

${color1}$font${top_mem name 3}${alignr}${top mem 3} %

Isn't that incorrect? Wouldn't that give you the 3rd program using the most memory and the memory usage from the 3rd program using the most cpu? Shouldn't the code look like this?

${color1}$font${top_mem name 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3} %

@ichase

To get lua working with conky did you have to build conky with lua support from AUR?

Was it easy? Which one did you use? And did it require you to build a bunch of dependencies?

edit1: figured out how to install conky-lua and I can now make use of lua scripts.

installed toluapp from AUR (only needed to build conky lua).

used makepkg -s to build pacakages.

@anyone

Do you know of any good writeups dealing with lining things up in conky.

I have issues sometimes lining things up depending on the font I'm using

or if I'm using a bar.

Thanks in advance...

aclxHWLQ.jpg

Edited by alphaomega

I think we all have problems lining stuff up in conky.

A friend told me that I needed to do my font size/style changes all on one line.

What he said was that if you are going to use a smaller or larger font on one line (we all do) switch to it at the beginning of the line and switch back to your stock font at the end.

If you wait to switch back to the beginning of the next line, the font spacing will wrap the newline and mess you up.

• Like 1

I think we all have problems lining stuff up in conky.

A friend told me that I needed to do my font size/style changes all on one line.

What he said was that if you are going to use a smaller or larger font on one line (we all do) switch to it at the beginning of the line and switch back to your stock font at the end.

If you wait to switch back to the beginning of the next line, the font spacing will wrap the newline and mess you up.

True, Conky sometimes does not play well unless you are using truetype fonts.

Aphaomega - Great looking conky :) Please post your config, would like to take a look at something.

Processes are displayed by {top name 1}, {top name 2} etc where is Memory is displayed by {top_mem name 1}, {top_mem name 2}

• Like 1

True, Conky sometimes does not play well unless you are using truetype fonts.

Aphaomega - Great looking conky :) Please post your config, would like to take a look at something.

Processes are displayed by {top name 1}, {top name 2} etc where is Memory is displayed by {top_mem name 1}, {top_mem name 2}

I've messed with it some more so It does not look exactly like the one in post #130.

Here is what it looks like now.

With the lua script commented out.

adjJbCuJ.jpg

With the lua script not commented out.

abxEdZG3.jpg

I used the bargraph_small3 lua script for the bars.

When the lua script is active, I change the color of the conky

bars so that they blend in with the background.

And here is the .conkyrc file.

http://pastebin.com/QZ0RAheQ

Edited by alphaomega
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Full Size

Thought I'd join in the conky fun. I created the two conkys in just a few seconds.

qvsBhhQl.jpg

Mind you I cheated a tad and used this,

http://www.ubuntugee...nfig-files.html

https://aur.archlinu.../conky-manager/

http://teejeetech.bl...ky-manager.html

:breakfast: :tease:

We all cheat when it comes to Conky.

What am I saying? Not just Conky!

Linux, open source, and life in general.

Copy the success of others, improve upon it.

Most important, don't cry when someone else does the same with your one, tiny, brilliant improvement.

Oh wait, that sounds like what all the fuss is in patent litigation.

Maybe we could re-write the patent code in a way Samsung, Apple, Google, Motorola, AT&T, and all the rest could understand.

The world is a funny place amenditman, why would anyone go to litigation over a shoe finish ? Beats me.

Full Size

up3ZyFwl.jpg

I fiddled with this,

http://freeazy.deviantart.com/art/Conky-s1mp3l-210892282

using conky-manager and a couple of other conky scripts, realigned some things and added cpu temps and got the eth0 to show and got the conky on the left. Was just playing and it could do with some more work and a new background image to make it look good though.

Using conky-manager and altering conky scripts with mousepad I was able to see the changes in real time which made the fiddling a load easier. The hard part is getting conky-manager to accept the conky's I have downloaded from the net. I can get some of them to work with conky-manager but not all.

All said conky-manager makes fiddling with conky's a lot easier. I'll probably have another play later in the year as time is limited at the moment.

:breakfast:

• Like 1

I don't recall if it has already been mentioned in this thread but

there is an interesting thread @crunchbang for an interactive conky.

interactive conky thread at crunchbang

A couple of screenshots:

actMMINh.jpg

weather = slightly modified 1b1_accuweather_images conkyrc

radar = cobbled together from other conkyrc files

sysinfo = cobbled together from ichase's and amenditman's conkyrc

bottom right = interactive conky script found here:

interactive conky thread post #322

abc6lBDS.jpg acoujkrd.jpg

I modified falldown's conkyrc/lua-script found here:

interactive conky thread post #517

Edited by alphaomega
  • Like 1

securitybreach

Nice looking Conky's Alphaomega, makes me want to get inspired to change things up. :)

Inspired? Have you looked at your screenshots? B)

• Like 1

Inspired? Have you looked at your screenshots? B)

You know what them luvies are like :hysterical:

luvies = artistic types ..... cross culture explanation.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...