List of Conky Resources

ichase

V.T. Eric Layton

No problem. Let me kow if you solve the annoying problem with it. I haven't found a solution yet and I see that yours is doing the same thing.

Umm... I hope this wasn't a quiz question. :(

What annoying problem exactly? ___confusion____by_forestsofazarath.gif

• Like 1

Umm... I hope this wasn't a quiz question. :(

What annoying problem exactly? ___confusion____by_forestsofazarath.gif

Did you notice that in your first image all the disk usage graphs show the same usage for all filesystems. Mine on the laptop is perfect, on the desktop not so much.

Also, do you really believe you have 0/154 processes running? The list of the top 5 right below there seems to indicate otherwise (as would common sense if we had any).

Edited by amenditman

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah... I did notice that about the bars for the disk usage. I changed to a different type in my updated version... more info. :)

And the TOP Processes are accurate bacause while you may have x amount of processes active on your system at any time, very few are really running. Most are sleeping. My current TOP from command line:

Tasks: 157 total, 1 running, 156 sleeping...

• Like 1

Yeah... I did notice that about the bars for the disk usage. I changed to a different type in my updated version... more info. :)

And the TOP Processes are accurate bacause while you may have x amount of processes active on your system at any time, very few are really running. Most are sleeping. My current TOP from command line:

Tasks: 157 total, 1 running, 156 sleeping...

OK, I'll believe you on the processes thing. Kind of what I am seeing also.

For the disk use bars, can you post the relavant lines from your .conkyrc? Please!

V.T. Eric Layton

Sure, I stole... AHEM... borrowed them from one of Ian's posted configs:

#DISK USAGE
${font Source Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}PARTITIONS${hr 1}
${font Dejavu Sans:size12}${color}${offset 4}root${goto 95}${fs_used /}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /}%
${color0}${fs_bar /}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}${offset 4}home${goto 95}${fs_used /home}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /home}%
${color0}${fs_bar /home}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}${offset 4}common${goto 95}${fs_used /home/vtel57/vtel57_common}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home/vtel57/vtel57_common}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /home/vtel57/vtel57_common}%
${color0}${fs_bar /home/vtel57/vtel57_common}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}${offset 4}archives${goto 95}${fs_used /home/vtel57/vtel57_archives}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home/vtel57/vtel57_archives}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /home/vtel57/vtel57_archives}%
${color0}${fs_bar /home/vtel57/vtel57_archives}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}${offset 4}backups${goto 95}${fs_used /home/vtel57/vtel57_backups}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home/vtel57/vtel57_backups}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /home/vtel57/vtel57_backups}%
${color0}${fs_bar /home/vtel57/vtel57_backups}

Of course, you'll have to modify the relative malarky to match your system, but you knew that. :yes:

Oh, and if you prefer free % to be displayed, change this for each entry: fs_used_perc.

Added some symbols to my Conky.

b2835d245844849.jpg

Removed the battery power as I never unplug the laptop and the battery power is already showing in tint2. :)

Still bugs me that openfonts.ttf is not working since the fontconfig update a while back. Hense the square next to kernel that SHOULD be an arch symbol.

Edited by ichase
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Surely you don't need to declare the (same) font on each line?

Probably not, but whaddo I know. I just copied.

V.T. Eric Layton

conky-032713_zpsfc4d6762.png

conkyrc_worms-eye-view (They're named after the wallpapers that I was using when I created them.)

# .conkyrc_worms-eye-view - for Slackware with KDE 4.8 (borrowed from Amenditman)

# --- Layout & Options --- #
## Do not close
total_run_times 0

## To relax the flicking
double_buffer yes

## Enable temp memory
no_buffers yes
text_buffer_size 256
## Refresh rate
update_interval 3

## Number of samples
cpu_avg_samples 3
net_avg_samples 3

## Position and size
alignment middle_right
maximum_width 256
minimum_size 512

## Position of the Conky from origin 0 0
gap_x 16
gap_y -1

## Enable shadow (text)
draw_shades no

## Enable outline (text)
draw_outline no

## Enable border around Conky
draw_borders no

## Enable background
background yes

## Own window properties
own_window yes
own_window_type normal
own_window_class conky
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
own_window_transparent no
own_window_colour 0a0817
own_window_hints undecorated
own_window_argb_visual
own_window_argb_value 96

## Enable nice police
use_xft yes
xftalpha 0.1
xftfont 123:size=12
#if_up_strictness address
#short_units yes

## Colors
default_color ffffff
color0 f5f027

# --- Text --- #
font Source Dejavu Sans:size=12
uppercase no
draw_graph_borders no
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer none

# --- Body --- #
TEXT
${alignc 24}${font Source Dejavu Sans::bold:size=14}${color}Slackware ${color0}Linux${font}

#SYSTEM
${font Source Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}SYSTEM${hr 1}
${font Source Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}ericsbane05@3108net-01
$sysname $kernel - $machine
${color}KDE Version: $color${execi 99999 kde4-config --version | grep 'KDE' | tail --bytes=8}${alignr}
$color${font}Uptime ${alignr} $uptime

#CPU
${font Source Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}CPU${hr 1}
${color}$font${execi 99999 cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name" -m1 | cut -d":" -f2 | cut -d" " -f2- | sed 's#Processor ##'}
${color}${font}core0  @  ${color0}${cpu cpu0} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu0}
${color}${font}core1  @  ${color0}${cpu cpu1} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu1}
${color}${font}core2  @  ${color0}${cpu cpu2} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu2}
${color}${font}core3  @  ${color0}${cpu cpu3} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu3}

#TEMPS/FANS
${font Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}TEMPS/FANS${hr 1}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}sensor 1${alignr}${color}${exec sensors -f | grep "temp1:" | cut -c8-24}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}sensor 3${alignr}${color}${exec sensors -f | grep "temp3:" | cut -c8-24}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}fan 1${alignr}${color}${exec sensors -f | grep "fan1:" | cut -c8-24}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}fan 3${alignr}${color}${exec sensors -f | grep "fan3:" | cut -c8-24}

#DISK USAGE
${font Source Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}PARTITIONS${hr 1}
${font Dejavu Sans:size12}${color}${offset 4}root${goto 95}${fs_used /}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /}%
${color0}${fs_bar /}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}${offset 4}home${goto 95}${fs_used /home}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /home}%
${color0}${fs_bar /home}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}${offset 4}common${goto 95}${fs_used /home/vtel57/vtel57_common}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home/vtel57/vtel57_common}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /home/vtel57/vtel57_common}%
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}${offset 4}archives${goto 95}${fs_used /home/vtel57/vtel57_archives}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home/vtel57/vtel57_archives}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /home/vtel57/vtel57_archives}%
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}${offset 4}backups${goto 95}${fs_used /home/vtel57/vtel57_backups}${offset 5}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home/vtel57/vtel57_backups}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /home/vtel57/vtel57_backups}%

#MEMORY
${font Source Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}MEMORY${hr 1}
$font${color}RAM				 $memmax ${alignc}${color0}${membar}

#PROCESSES
${font Source Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}TOP${hr 1}
$font${color}Processes: $running_processes / $processes
${color}  NAME  ${alignr}PID   CPU   MEM  
${color}1. ${top name 1} ${alignr}${top pid 1} ${top cpu 1} ${top mem 1}
2. ${top name 2} ${alignr}${top pid 2} ${top cpu 2} ${top mem 2}
3. ${top name 3} ${alignr}${top pid 3} ${top cpu 3} ${top mem 3}
4. ${top name 4} ${alignr}${top pid 4} ${top cpu 4} ${top mem 4}
5. ${top name 5} ${alignr}${top pid 5} ${top cpu 5} ${top mem 5}

#IP ADDRESS
${font Source Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}IP ADDRESS${hr 1}
$color${font}external${alignr}${execi 5000 wget -O - [url="http://ip.tupeux.com"]http://ip.tupeux.com[/url] | tail}
$color${font}internal${alignr}${execi 1000 /sbin/ifconfig | grep -Eo '[0-9]{1,3}(\.[0-9]{1,3}){3}' | sed '/^127/d' | sed '/^255/d' | sed '/255$/d'}
$color${font}default gateway${alignr}192.168.1.1

V.T. Eric Layton

conky_nature-wallpaper-226_zps8d625ce5.png

conkyrc_nature-wallpaper-226

# .conkyrc_nature-wallpaper-226 - for Slackware with KDE 4.8 (borrowed from Amenditman)

# --- Layout & Options --- #
## Do not close
total_run_times 0

## To relax the flicking
double_buffer yes

## Enable temp memory
no_buffers yes
text_buffer_size 256
## Refresh rate
update_interval 3

## Number of samples
cpu_avg_samples 3
net_avg_samples 3

## Position and size
alignment middle_right
maximum_width 256
minimum_size 512

## Position of the Conky from origin 0 0
gap_x 16
gap_y -8

## Enable shadow (text)
draw_shades no

## Enable outline (text)
draw_outline no

## Enable border around Conky
draw_borders no

## Enable background
background yes

## Own window properties
own_window yes
own_window_type normal
own_window_class conky
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
own_window_transparent no
own_window_colour 0a0817
own_window_hints undecorated
own_window_argb_visual
own_window_argb_value 32

## Enable nice police
use_xft yes
xftalpha 0.1
xftfont 123:size=12
#if_up_strictness address
#short_units yes

## Colors
default_color ffffff
color0 9e3d80

# --- Text --- #
font Dejavu Sans:size=12
uppercase no
draw_graph_borders no
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer none

# --- Body --- #
TEXT
${alignc 42}${font Dejavu Sans::bold:size=18}${color}Slackware ${color0}Linux
#
#SYSTEM
${font Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}SYSTEM ${hr 2}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}ericsbane05@3108net-01
$sysname $kernel - $machine
${color}KDE Version: $color${execi 99999 kde4-config --version | grep 'KDE' | tail --bytes=8}${alignr}
$color${font}Uptime ${alignr} $uptime
#
#CPU
${font Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}CPU ${hr 2}
${color}$font${execi 99999 cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model name" -m1 | cut -d":" -f2 | cut -d" " -f2- | sed 's#Processor ##'}
${color}${font}core0 @ ${color0}${cpu cpu0} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu0}
${color}${font}core1 @ ${color0}${cpu cpu1} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu1}
${color}${font}core2 @ ${color0}${cpu cpu2} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu2}
${color}${font}core3 @ ${color0}${cpu cpu3} % ${alignc} ${color0}${cpubar cpu3}
#
#TEMPS/FANS
${font Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}TEMPS/FANS ${hr 2}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}sensor 1${alignr}${color}${exec sensors -f | grep "temp1:" | cut -c8-24}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}sensor 3${alignr}${color}${exec sensors -f | grep "temp3:" | cut -c8-24}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}fan 1${alignr}${color}${exec sensors -f | grep "fan1:" | cut -c8-24}
${font Dejavu Sans:size=12}${color}fan 3${alignr}${color}${exec sensors -f | grep "fan3:" | cut -c8-24}
#
#DISK USAGE
${font Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}PARTITIONS ${hr 2}
${color0}${fs_bar /}
${color0}${fs_bar /home}
#
#MEMORY
${font Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}MEMORY ${hr 2}
$font${color}RAM				 $memmax ${alignc}${color0}${membar}
#
#PROCESSES
${font Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}TOP ${hr 2}
$font${color}Processes: $running_processes / $processes
${color} NAME ${alignr}PID CPU MEM
${color}1. ${top name 1} ${alignr}${top pid 1} ${top cpu 1} ${top mem 1}
2. ${top name 2} ${alignr}${top pid 2} ${top cpu 2} ${top mem 2}
3. ${top name 3} ${alignr}${top pid 3} ${top cpu 3} ${top mem 3}
4. ${top name 4} ${alignr}${top pid 4} ${top cpu 4} ${top mem 4}
5. ${top name 5} ${alignr}${top pid 5} ${top cpu 5} ${top mem 5}
#
#IP ADDRESS
${font Dejavu Sans:bold:size=12}${color0}IP ADDRESS ${hr 2}
${color}${font}external${alignr}${execi 5000 wget -O - http://ip.tupeux.com | tail}
${color}${font}internal${alignr}${execi 1000 /sbin/ifconfig | grep -Eo '[0-9]{1,3}(\.[0-9]{1,3}){3}' | sed '/^127/d' | sed '/^255/d' | sed '/255$/d'}
${color}${font}default gateway${alignr}192.168.1.1

• Like 1

*Raising middle finger toward Ian in a not family-friendly-forum way*

;)

:hysterical: SOMEONE got bit by the Conky bug. Before long, your entire screen is going to look something like THIS

Or even THIS

Edited by ichase

Looks great Eric. Matches the wallpaper to a tee almost. That yellow font just jars a tad. :228823:

See you got rid of the girly flowered wallpaper :Laughing:

• Like 1

I agree, REALLY like the desktop and I would like to think that now that you have conky set up you will find it nice to have real time info of your computer right there on the screen.

As far as the girly flower wallpaper. I thought it, Abarbarian said it. :hysterical:

I'm being stereotypical right now, I am always waiting for you to post your desktop with a gorgous custom Harley on it ;)

Something like this: 33d728246094687.jpg

I like that so much, I might have to use that ;)

Edited by ichase

Yeah, I LIKE IT!!!!!! :)

777233246144799.jpg

Edited to change white text to black. Looks better :)

Edited by ichase

Cool.

Now if you could get the cpu usage bars running round the wheels with a lua scripty -------------------- :whistling:

I WISH I had the knowledge of lua scripting to do that. Also wish I was good in gimp. Would put an Arch symbol on the gas tank and have the words Arch Linux down the fork. :thumbup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Looks great Eric. Matches the wallpaper to a tee almost. That yellow font just jars a tad. :228823:

See you got rid of the girly flowered wallpaper :Laughing:

The yellow is ALERT! It's so that the items are more noticeable.

I once knew a 6'7" 375lb biker who went by the nickname "Tiny". He rode a HOT PINK H-D Roadking. When asked (and it was very rarely, believe me) why he had his bike painted that color, his response was, "Just to see who'd have the balls to ask me about it."

:hysterical:

Oh, and I like cats, too. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

Motorcycles like that one, Ian, are 100% for middle-aged rich white men who have way too much discretionary money lying around. A real biker wouldn't be caught dead on one of those torture devices. The guys who own bikes like that bring them out of the garage once or twice a month during the really nice weather season and ride them two miles to the local biker get-together to show off. All the real bikers just grunt and have another beer.

;)

• Like 1