List of Conky Resources

ichase

V.T. Eric Layton

Yes, dragons. :)

Sadly, the selection of usable KDE folder icons available out there in the wild just sucks! I can't find a "human" colored set to go with that dragon theme. Blue Oxygen icons just don't cut it, you know. :(

I once knew a 6'7" 375lb biker who went by the nickname "Tiny". He rode a HOT PINK H-D Roadking. When asked (and it was very rarely, believe me) why he had his bike painted that color, his response was, "Just to see who'd have the balls to ask me about it."

That's gold! :lol:

Sadly, the selection of usable KDE folder icons available out there in the wild just sucks!

Time to get out your gimp-fu, or http://www.iconarchive.com/tag/kde-folder

• Like 1

That is an awesome desktop there Eric. As far as the bike, I was just giving you a hard time. I did not mean to offend as I am quite aware of the bikes I am used to seeing up the road at Bone Shakers. (Don't see many like that one except for the guys driving them down from Sandbridge $$$$$ so I know EXACTLY what you mean) I only kept the background there long enough to take the snapshot then went back to me darker theme. :)

89fd66246241503.jpg

I love the way you matched the colors in your conky with the colors on the desktop. AWESOME!!!!!!!

Edit: Darn it, forgot to change the border color for tint2 (fixed) Sorry, it's the retired military person in me that thinks all things should be uniform :hysterical:

Edited by ichase

V.T. Eric Layton

That's gold! :lol:

That's a 100% true story, too. I've lost track of Tiny this past three or four years that I haven't been riding with my club, but I'm sure he's still out there on the roads of Tampa Bay with his BIG PINK Harley. ;)

Time to get out your gimp-fu, or http://www.iconarchi.../tag/kde-folder

Interesting. I'm considering making (or modifying) my own folder themes. No time right now, though. Studying! :)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

That is an awesome desktop there Eric. As far as the bike, I was just giving you a hard time. I did not mean to offend...

I love the way you matched the colors in your conky with the colors on the desktop. AWESOME!!!!!!!

HAHA! No offense taken. I had a winkie guy on my reply to you. When it comes to motorcycles, it's a lot like books, women, dinner choices, etc... very subjective. To each their own. :yes:

Oh and the secret to color matching is a good color picker app. Currently, I'm using KColorChooser. Most WMs provide a similar app.

• Like 1

That is the best looking Desktop I've seen lately.

X3 of what amenditman and abarbarian said. Did you make that background in Gimp?

Edited by ichase

V.T. Eric Layton

Aww... shucks! You Conky pros are just being nice to the newb... er, I mean recent Conky convert. :yes:

Used Eric's tip on the kcolorchooser to match things up:

bce1a5247622618.jpg

Where's the .conkyrc sourcecode for us cheaters copy and paste types?

No problem,

The conky on the right. .conkyrc in the "default_color section, I just comment out what I want to use. You can add an indefinite amount of colors under here.

Read this to learn how to get the weather conky

This is the work of TeoBigusGeekus and some others with the scripting.

The date on the bottom right is it's own conky: .conkyrc_date

It requires a shell script to run it: week2.sh <----The conky and the Script were the creation of mobilediesel

Because of where I placed the date conky on the screen, I added a "date" line at the end of my info conky, but this date can easily be run in an excisting conky. When I had my desktop up and running, I was running it in my info conky as seen here:

4ea022245606962.jpg

Made some minor modifications. Removed the Disk space from the info conky on the right and added it to the bottom left while using lua bargraphs. I edited the lua script so that I only had 3 of them because it's all I need to monitor. This gave me room to add more network info on the info conky. Going to see what I can learn in regards to adding the lua bargraphs into my info conky as well as the diskspace back in. Need to make the conky smaller on the screen though as I have pretty much ran out of room with adding much of anything else. :thumbsup:

ece9bf248869841.jpg

Here is the conkyrc for the disk space on the bottom left

And here is the lua script for the bargraphs

• Like 1

securitybreach

Wow that is very nice Ian!!! You should post that in the Arch conky screenshot thread and the Arch Community (on G+).

• Like 1

Wow that is very nice Ian!!! You should post that in the Arch conky screenshot thread and the Arch Community (on G+).

Have not spent much time over there recently due to being busy and did not realize an Arch Conky thread had been started. I will attempt to get on there this evening and do that. :)

Looks great, ichase. Don't forget to eat food while you hack Conky or you will die. :)

I promise to eat right. My Doctor also insist this ;) The problem lies with "forgetting" to eat because you are so inthrawled in the config files. ;)

I read your post wrong. I read it as The Arch Conky thread in the Arch Community on G+. I am quite aware and have already posted on the Arch Forum Conky Thread. 3 of the last 5 posts are mine. :hysterical: Things have slowed down quite a bit on that thread. ;)

Edited by ichase
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been messing with lua bargraphs and have incorporated them into my current info conky as well as at the bottom with disk space.

901909251460150.jpg c60745251462536.jpg

Been playing today. Took the day off and was lazy. :) Removed my processors from my info conky and modified one of wlourf's ring scripts from 2010 to add them outside the info conky. Also utilized Sector 11's modification to Mr Peachy's analog clock script for the analog clock above mobilediesel's date script. Starting to get the hang of how these lua scripts work in regards to modifying them for my use. :D Writing them from scratch.......Not even close. It's called MoPS (Modifying other Peoples Stuff) :)

8e7b21251692163.jpg

If anyone is interested in any of the scripts let me know and I will post them to pastebin. ;)

Edited by ichase