Game on Linux

abarbarian

Cyberpunk 2077 is playable on Linux right now, but it's not the best

Cyberpunk 2077 is playable on Linux right now, and while it might not be perfect... it's the most cyber punk way to play it.Cyberpunk 2077 is tough enough as it is to run, with my Core i9-9900K + GeForce RTX 3090 system at 4K with ray tracing maxed and DLSS on 'Performance' sitting at around 50-60FPS.

It's not perfect and some can't even get it to play, but Valve's Proton software allows Cyberpunk 2077 right now -- but for AMD Radeon gamers only. But there are people saying that with the GeForce 455 drivers, Cyberpunk 2077 works on Proton.

At least that is better than the PlayStation experience.

Cyberpunk 2077: Sony pulls game from PlayStation store after complaints

It is exceptionally rare for a PlayStation game to be removed from sale after it has been approved for release, and such a high-profile game has never been withdrawn before.

The dystopian-themed, Blade Runner-inspired game had racked up more than 8m pre-orders on PC and consoles before its release last week. But players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One have purchased a far inferior version, plagued by technical bugs and performance issues that interrupt play and have left some players feeling nauseous.

With sales of 8 million or more you would have thought that the game’s Warsaw-based creators at CD Projekt RED would have been able to afford a PlayStation and XBox to test the game out on.

😎

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abarbarian

• securitybreach

• sunrat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brushing the dust off this topic to bring you retro gaming heaven with added Kodi so you can use it as a media centre as well - Recalbox Linux!   https://www.recalbox.com/  

Old school gaming brought up to date !   Play Ascii Patrol Game in Linux Terminal!           There is a Snap Store offering,   https://snapcraft.io/ascii-patrol   From the home site f

NVIDIA, Intel, and AMD Join Forces to Improve OpenGL Performance Up to 15 Times     Excellent news.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
abarbarian

GamersOnLinux

Found this site which has a list of games with a short write up on how they play on a linux pc. The list must be updated as they have a listing for Borderland 3 which is a pretty new game.

I found this FREE gem which you americans might find interesting.

Chex Quest

Remember the old Chex Quest game in 1996 by Digital Café as a Chex cereal promotion? I don't, but I remember reading about it. This was an attempt to create a non-violent first person shooter for kids age 6-9 where you can shoot slimy aliens who are trying to take your Chex cereal away.

Team Chex Quest HD have re-created the original game in a modern game engine and its totally free!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/804270/Chex_Quest_HD/

😎

securitybreach
1 hour ago, abarbarian said:

The list must be updated as they have a listing for Borderland 3 which is a pretty new game.

The Borderland series is great and most of the versions have been native to Linux or very easy to get running on Linux. I have Borderlands 1, 2, The Pre-Sequel and part 3.

abarbarian
5 hours ago, securitybreach said:

The Borderland series is great and most of the versions have been native to Linux or very easy to get running on Linux. I have Borderlands 1, 2, The Pre-Sequel and part 3.

Yup have all those. Was quietly enjoying Borderlands 3 when  Steam update borked the whole game and I lost all my progress. I can drum up the enthusiasm to reinstall and play through again at the moment. I might give it a go next winter. Shame as I was doing really well and having fun. 😭

• +1 1
securitybreach
6 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Yup have all those. Was quietly enjoying Borderlands 3 when  Steam update borked the whole game and I lost all my progress. I can drum up the enthusiasm to reinstall and play through again at the moment. I might give it a go next winter. Shame as I was doing really well and having fun. 😭

You must of not enabled cloud saves.

abarbarian
On 1/8/2021 at 5:41 AM, securitybreach said:

You must of not enabled cloud saves.

Yup had them enabled but they did not work for some strange reason. An my backup routine did not have the steam game folders as it was made several days before I started to play the game. 😭

securitybreach
8 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Yup had them enabled but they did not work for some strange reason. An my backup routine did not have the steam game folders as it was made several days before I started to play the game. 😭

That is pretty odd. I did have to reinstall a game once because it did not pick up my saves. Also, make sure that it is pointing to the correct data folder (I put mine on another drive).

abarbarian
14 hours ago, securitybreach said:

That is pretty odd. I did have to reinstall a game once because it did not pick up my saves. Also, make sure that it is pointing to the correct data folder (I put mine on another drive).

I had been having some wierdness with steam lately. I had three steam game folders on three different drives, has been that way for a long time. Then there was a steam up date and after that I had to keep on telling steam where two of the folders were every time I started steam. Most annoying as the current game I was playing was on one of the two folders.

That is the least of my worries as I have only just managed to get a stable Arch running on that new nvme drive I bought. All in all that has taken me almost two weeks of farting around. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...