Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

réjean, that is breathtaking. It's a lot more inviting than the picture of the waves of snow.
It's not that we are getting snow 12 months a year. :teehee: Only 11. >_< No seriously ! We have beautiful summers ( some years. haha )

This has become one of my favorite threads. Love seeing what people do with their desktops. You are right Chip, Agust is absolutely amazing.I change my desktops constantly. There is so many awesome pictures out there.I really liked réjean's desktop. Could only imagine getting to see that everyday. Amazing!All the best,Ian

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. I found myself to be a Slacker pretty early on in my Linux Adventures. I was Slackin' within a month of my initial Linux switch over from MS. :)

I recognize that one! Agust does some incredible work, doesn't he?-------------------------------Edited to remove double-post
definitely a keeper. I have been running Bodhi a few times in Vbox and should go ahead and install it for good.

definitely a keeper. I have been running Bodhi a few times in Vbox and should go ahead and install it for good.
I love Bodhi - not only is the concept of creating a minimal distro appealing to me, but they've got a wonderfully vibrant community going on HERE where people really work together and try hard to improve the thing.

I've been trying out alot of different distro's over the past months on my old laptop and have yet to find something that sticks with me:PCurrently i'm running Crunchbang 10 Statler.It uses the openbox WM, tint2 panel. The screenshot will show my modified conky and tint2.2011041413027591241280x.th.pngUploaded with ImageShack.usI'm a complete noob when it comes to Linux but i love how it can be customized.The previous screens showing Bodhi looks very interesting, might try that out soon :)

I've been trying out alot of different distro's over the past months on my old laptop and have yet to find something that sticks with me:PCurrently i'm running Crunchbang 10 Statler.It uses the openbox WM, tint2 panel. The screenshot will show my modified conky and tint2.2011041413027591241280x.th.pngUploaded with ImageShack.usI'm a complete noob when it comes to Linux but i love how it can be customized.The previous screens showing Bodhi looks very interesting, might try that out soon :)
Macpup should fly along on an older laptop.Fast and so so pretty. http://macpup.org/ B)

V.T. Eric Layton
I've been trying out alot of different distro's over the past months on my old laptop and have yet to find something that sticks with me:PCurrently i'm running Crunchbang 10 Statler.It uses the openbox WM, tint2 panel. The screenshot will show my modified conky and tint2.2011041413027591241280x.th.pngUploaded with ImageShack.usI'm a complete noob when it comes to Linux but i love how it can be customized.The previous screens showing Bodhi looks very interesting, might try that out soon B)
Welcome to Scot's Newsletter Forums - Bruno's All Things Linux, Surreal. :)I can see that you're not quite as new as you think you are. You did a fine job of configuring that conky. That's no easy feat. I've tried it.Glad to have you here! Oh, and by the way... a little note from our friend and mentor, Bruno, the founding Admin of All Things Linux here at Scot's:
(Bruno @ Forum May 25 2003)We try to avoid the word "newbie", it does no justice to the efforts we, also the beginners, put in to learn a new operating system. I think the wish to learn Linux shows a brave attitude and deserves a better qualification. --Bruno
Have FUN! :)

OH yeah I have a folder with like 30 or more Tux icons. I do not think I got them from there though. I have had them for years. Also, I like your new avatar, very cool :hysterical:
Came from the same site. :thumbup:

Looks great, Surreal - I had a heck of a time configuring Conky at first too, but you've done a find job with it. It's always great to have a New Linux Explorer join us - welcome to Scot's forum!

Here's mine - all sorts of changes to the machine! Odd how the desktop looks pretty much the same... Guess I'm just a creature of habit! ;) Screenshot04242011s.png
Pri-tty!

Here's mine - all sorts of changes to the machine! Odd how the desktop looks pretty much the same... Guess I'm just a creature of habit! ;)
Nice. Is that space shuttle launch?Like the Conky. Temp 136F seems pretty warm. That's 57C, mine only hits that after 5 min of 100% CPU.

V.T. Eric Layton

@ Josh and Sue... Yeah, I figured yous guys would like that dark one. Although, Sue prefers red highlights. B)@ Paul... Man! Just your cool Bodhi desktop w/ Conky and all makes you look like a Linux guru. I'm impressed. ;)

@Eric - That is really cool. I like the dark themes.@Paul - That is still awesome. I have liked that pic ever sense you posted it as your UE desktop. Did you take that picture?Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Easter.All the best,Ian

Nice. Is that space shuttle launch?Like the Conky. Temp 136F seems pretty warm. That's 57C, mine only hits that after 5 min of 100% CPU.
Thanks, Sunrat - that's actually the launch of STS-128 and I took the picture from the parking lot of the place I worked at the time. Those night launches are beautiful, aren't they? It takes about 30 seconds from liftoff until I can see the thing lifting over my horizon about 160 miles (260 km) to my east.Yes, the temp is a bit warm. It generally runs between 118-124.