Mandrake Updates and URPMI´s

teacher

Same as me . . . do you have in the plugin directory of Firebird:flashplayer.xptlibflashplayer.solibjavaplugin_oji.solibnullplugin.sonppdf.sorpnp.soand also in your /usr/lib/mozilla-1.3.1/plugins ???If so we set a preference in the KDE Contr Centr : Firebird Mozilla GaleonB) Bruno

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• quint

• GolfProRM

Top Posters In This Topic

You lost me there. Am I suppose to be finding the plugin directory of Firebird: in the KDE Control Center? Or am I suppose to be finding it in Firebird?

The plugin directory in the MozillaFirebird directory ( the one in /usr/local/bin if you did put it there )B) Bruno

That is so kind of you..... I do manage to goof things up, don't I? Just when I think I am getting around, I find something like this!

Oh my goodness! I finally got music to play with my CD-RW!!!!! I messed around with the KsCD settings and found a different place to tell it to look for CDs and it works! Yeah. Now I can leave my DVD dtrive for my upgrade CDs. B) :D B) B) :)

Just unpack the .tar.gz and copy the plugins folder over the other plugin folder:If the folder I send you is in /homesucp /plugins /usr/local/bin/MozillaFirebird/ ( check the path )and the same withcp /plugins /usr/lib/mozilla-1.3.1/that should do it !( or copy and paste it the ¨windows¨-way, but open konqueror as follow: type su in a console and then type konqueror, enter, this will open konqueror as root B) )B) Bruno

Oh my goodness!  I finally got music to play with my CD-RW!!!!!  I messed around with the KsCD settings and found a different place to tell it to look for CDs and it works!  Yeah.  Now I can leave my DVD dtrive for my upgrade CDs. B)  :D  B)  B)  :)
What are you messing around there . . you should be doing your flash !!:) Bruno

But I did it waiting on the files! B) You should be proud of me. I figured it out on my own. That should go down in the record books. B)

Not copy and paste IN the console . . but do ¨su¨ and type ¨konqueror¨ then a konqueror window will open with root privileges, then you can copy and paste in konqueror with the right root-privileges !B) Bruno

But my window with root privileges has two folders: Drakx and tmp. Where do I paste? Oh, there is a hidden mozilla folder. Do I paste there?

Go UP ! ( flash upwards ) and you will see all the directories in the / including /home inside /home is /julia !! Just browsing ;)also there is /usr and in /usr are /lib/mozilla-1.3.1 and /local/bin/MozillaFirebirdB) BrunoPS: opening konqueror as su this way is a little trick I found out myself, back when I was not very comfortable with the console as I started learning Linux B)

Well that fixed it for Galeon but not for Firebird. I must have some setting in Firebird. Oh well, it is handy not having it here because most of those files are ads anyway. I did want to try out the pong. Will have to do that on my daughter's computer because mine is too old! Like I feel right now. B) What is that saying about teaching new tricks? Oh, never mind._____________________________Got It Half Way!

Would you have one last look in KDE Contr Centr and see the same extention but then the tab ¨Embedding¨ ?? I have there: show file in embedded viewer . . . !B) Bruno

Did you close and restart Firebird after you did copy the plugins in there ?? Would you mind to have a look what it looks like there ( that there ins no plugins dir in the plugins dir . . . B) )B) Bruno

Julia,Just a little idea . . . would you by any chance have a MozillaFirebird directory in your /home/julia as well ???Sorry, . . . just asking ;)B) Bruno

I was messing with my screen resolution as well so I had logged out and back in as well as in and out of Firebird. Everything looks right - no sub plugin folders. It is the same in both galeon and firebird folders. Yes I have a MozillaFirebird directory in my home/julia. I will go check there.

I have a suspicion you´re using the one in your /home/julia to browse the net and not the one in /usr/local/bin . . . so the plugins should be . . .have a guess . . ;)B) Bruno

That was the first placer I added the plug ins. They are all correct there. I am going through the .js files now to see if there is something I missed that sets up my default on .swf files.

Because Firebird is using a lot of stuff and settings from your Mozilla, you could walk through the Mozilla prefs to see if there is some setting there you could change . . . B) Bruno

I think I got something:In Mozilla you can, under prefereces go to ¨navigator¨ --> helper applications, then add a new type ¨swf¨ and tell it not to download and store it but ¨open it with default application¨B) Bruno

I'm lost. What's new, I know. Actually, are you referring to in the Mozilla browser? Or are you referring to the Mozilla files? I have looked both places and not found anything to match what you just listed. B)

I have Tools O [/u{ptions and then Extensions. When you click on get extensions it is internal settings for Firebird. No settings for adding this. There is no preferences under edit like in the old netscape browser or like in IE. I have been through every single menu looking for something like that. That was one of the very first things I did!

Julia,We have exactly the same Mozilla browser ( NOT MozillaFirebird, but the old Mozilla in your menu ) That one starts with File, Edit, View, Go, Bookmarks, Tools, Window and Help. Under Edit the last one in the dropdown menu is preferences . . . . B) Bruno