Mandrake Updates and URPMI´s

teacher

There are some nice tools in the edutainment package. I have a step-granddaughter studying Japanese (she wants to major in that in college). I think she will like the Japanese tool. I don't think I will get her to convert her computer to Linux though.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• quint

• GolfProRM

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for M5 ( a globular cluster ) a red dot  between  Libra and Serpens Caput, and get ¨KPNO AOP image¨ that one is really spectecular !! ( KPNO AOP images are in color )B) Bruno
Wow! That one is spectacular. I see I had a number of options on that one. B)

Glad you like the KDEEDU package we installed, one more project successfully done !Again you get an A !B) Bruno

Wow!  That one is spectacular.  I see I had a number of options on that one.    B)
Lovely program Kstars isn´t it ?? You have to play with it a little longer to find out all its possebillities !B) Bruno

Is that tonight's lesson or did you have something else in mind? Water cooler? Penguin Tales?
You´re a hard woman to please Julia ! 15 new programs in the ¨kdeedu¨ package and you´re already bored, are you ?I need some tea, and a sandwich, I have to recharge energy from that trip through the galaxy !!B) Bruno* HELP, these young women wear me out !

Wow!  That one is spectacular.  I see I had a number of options on that one.    B)
Lovely program Kstars isn´t it ?? You have to play with it a little longer to find out all its possebillities !B) Bruno
Thanks for recommending that one Bruno...what a great package. :D I had been using Celestia, which I really enjoy, but once again, you've shown there are so many wonderful choices. KStars is loaded! :D One question: the photos that are d/l'd - are they automatically deleted by the program? Thanks again.

Hi QuintGlad you like Kstars, one of my favorites . . Your question about the photos; they are temporary stored in /tmp/kde-quint/ as soon as you close the program they are deleted ! However you can save the most spectecular ones in your /home directory ( click the floppy icon on the top of the picture. :D Here is a real treat for you: conepatten.jpgB) Bruno* better your mind with the stars, then your head in the sand.

Julia and Quint,There is plenty of those you can download with the Kstars program !Glad you liked it ! :):) Bruno

What happened to our lesson today? Were you too busy looking at the stars?____________________________Your Obedient, Patient Pupil :rolleyes:

I decided you needed a day off, after our long walk yesterday, heal the blisters on your feet, get a good neck massage ( stiff neck from looking up to the stars ) The lessons will start again tomorrow, you better be fresh and allert !Julia.gif ( your new avatar ? ):rolleyes: Bruno

I will do my bet to be fresh and alert. Prepared for class. I am always prompt and ready for class. Just tell me the time. Do you really think I am almost ready to graduate?______________________________--Has Lots to Learn Still

Do you really think I am almost ready to graduate?
Are you joking ? We just started !! Here is the next lesson:A great little trick for all you dual-booters; You know those ultra secret, sneeky ¨index.dat¨ files on your windows drive, the ones you can´t read nor delete ??We have just the medicine for that in Linux:Menu --> Applications --> Filetools --> Find Files ( Kfind, not ¨search for files¨ ). Fill in the box ¨Named¨ : index.dat and in the box ¨Look in¨: /mnt and hit ¨Find¨. Wait for the search to end and you will see all the ¨index.dat¨ displayed ! Now right-click them and choose ¨Delete¨ !!Sure once you boot Windows again they will be re-created, but all the old info will be gone :)* not 100% sure this will work on NTFS formatted partitions too.:) Bruno

I thought we were just starting but when you dress me like that what am I to think but graduation? KFind in the windows drive is sloooooow. While I am waiting on that, why do I have such a time trying to install flash in my firebird. I have tried following the directions from them 1. Download now. 2. Unpackage. then ./flashplayer-installer. At that point I always get file not found., It seems to be a subdirectory under the tar. Am I doing something wrong there? Of course I am but what is it?

./flashplayer-installer.
No good ! You should just copy two files ¨libflashplayer.so¨ and the other one, can´t remember the name that quick, just copy them into the ¨plugin¨ directory of Firebird.Just tell me what files you´ve got and I´ll tell you which two.The installer is useless !:) Bruno

I read that too and did that one. Now every time I click on a flash file it trys to save it to my directory. I did save one and ever since it does that to all. I guess I get an F on that one.

It automatically goes and tries to save it. Oh, when I deleted in KFind it made duplicate copies first. Not nice! Bad MS, Bad MS!

Wait first MS, then plugins.Browse to ( click ) /mnt /win_c and go after those suckers manually, and delete them on the spot.Then just delete the old Firebird and install a new one, it could be it uses the plugins from mozilla we will paste the plugins in both plugin-directories. ( Let me figure out this first ):) Bruno

JuliaJust set up a new profile in Firebird and delete the old profile . . . maybe that will set things back normal . . !?My plugins:/usr/lib/mozilla-1.3.1/pluginsflashplayer.xptlibflashplayer.solibjavaplugin_oji.solibnullplugin.sonppdf.sorpnp.soMy galeon looks for them in there. Phoenix has its own plugin directory with the same ones.There is also a /usr/lib/netscape/plugins has the same too.:) Bruno

I can´t find the pref for downloading flash . . . just export your bookmarks to your /home. Delete the current Firebird and get yourself a new one . . . . OR start using Galeon . . . much nicer !!:) Bruno* why does this girl always put herself into troubles ????

Galleon does not let me see flash files either. Maybe it is just trying to save this old computer from croaking?Why do I always get myself in such a fix? Because I want to figure things out! Curiosity or something like that! :)

Do these files have an extention Julia ?? We could have a look in KDE Control Center to the prefs there . . . . . I used to have that with RealPlayer too and I fixed it right there !B) Bruno* curiosity killed the cat !!

GOT IT !!!Go to KDE Control Center --> Components --> File associations. Then --> Application --> x-shockwave-flash, there you see .swf !!My application preference order is BLANKTell me about yours ?B) Bruno