199 replies to this topic

#176 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

View PostCapt.Crow, on 11 October 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

How come Anubis is relegated to outdoors. Was he a bad boy or is someone allergic.

Where I live, I cannot presently have a cat indoors. I will move as soon as I can if I cannot get something worked out.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#177 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

Oh! Dear .

Well I hope you have a happy resolution soon... :thumbup:
Linux counter no . 393441

#178 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:36 AM

View PostCapt.Crow, on 13 October 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

Oh! Dear .

In the meantime Josh is up against it. To build the fort for Anubis he is having to venture into the world of DIY. An that means learning how to use real tools like hammers and saws :228823: Guess he could buy a 3D Maker bot and do the job via hi tech though  so things may not be so bad. :Laughing:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#179 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,532 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on 13 October 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

Where I live, I cannot presently have a cat indoors. I will move as soon as I can if I cannot get something worked out.

a friend of mine is looking to buy a house because she cannot have hers indoors either.
Posted Image

#180 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:33 PM

View Postabarbarian, on 14 October 2015 - 05:36 AM, said:

View PostCapt.Crow, on 13 October 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

Oh! Dear .

In the meantime Josh is up against it. To build the fort for Anubis he is having to venture into the world of DIY. An that means learning how to use real tools like hammers and saws :228823: Guess he could buy a 3D Maker bot and do the job via hi tech though  so things may not be so bad. :Laughing:

I have done plenty of construction projects, so I could do that easily enough.

Anubis says hi

Posted Image

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#181 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:25 PM

I will be doing this as soon as I can:  GPS Cat Tracker

#182 OFFLINE   Webb

Webb

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

Charlie will be six years old tomorrow.

Posted Image
The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error. - HAL-9000

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it.  - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Posted Image
Jim

#183 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:23 PM

Pretty kitty

#184 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:18 PM

Gotta love black cats. Especially this time of year lol
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#185 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostLilBambi, on 01 November 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Gotta love black cats. Especially this time of year lol

Indeed :thumbsup:

#186 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:31 PM

Well, a stray cat that kept passing through my yard for the past few months has come in to stay, a little reluctantly. She must have been abandoned by someone in the fairly recent past--she trusts people was too much to be anything near feral. I brought her in when I could grab her, intending to call a woman I know who heads up a local animal rescue. Cat is sitting in my hallway howling and I call Felicia and get her message "Sorry, we're not accepting any more animals at this time". Great! I think for a few minutes and figure that after almost 3 years, I've got a cat again. She's young and extremely agile and jumps like crazy, so it's going to be a bumpy ride for a while. She also has the longest tail I've ever seen on a cat--looks like she could swing by it like some monkeys you see. She has an appt with the vet for Tuesday--hope she gets a clean bill of health. Unfortunately, I'm almost sure she'll need to be spayed.

Edited by ebrke, 23 October 2016 - 06:33 PM.

Registered Linux User 344759

#187 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

So awesome!!! Perhaps we will see some pics... :)

#188 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

Soon as I find the camera and can get the cat to sit still long enough for a pic. (I've got no data plan with my cell phone, so can't upload from that source.)

#189 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:29 PM

Well just whenever you can :)

#190 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

Oates is now nearly 2. He's gone from an all out 140 MPH kitten to an adult. He still has boundless energy but he channels it a bit better.
He's a real ladies man - adores my wife and daughter and Maria's friend who looks after him if we are away. He and I get along OK but his preference is definitely for the ladies. A handsome fellow and a real good companion.
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

#191 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,105 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:34 PM

Purty kitty!

#192 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,224 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

He's a good looking fellow, for sure! :)

#193 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

Handsome guy!

#194 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

Well my camera seems to have given up the ghost, but here's a pic I took during the summer when Traveler was still just passing through my yard and would stop to look at the birds. Now he's still looking at them, but from inside.
Posted Image

#195 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,224 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

You did a good thing by bringing him in, Elizabeth. He'll pay you back in love and purrs and cuddles for a long time!

#196 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:17 PM

I just went back and read my first post about the cat and there are a couple of edits to make. First, Traveler is a male, not a female. I didn't get a good look at the relevant area for a few days, but he's definitely a neutered male (confirmed by the vet). He was originally adopted from a well-known shelter quite near me by someone saying they were from a town over 100 miles away in another state. This all came to light when the vet found he had a microchip. The phone number the chip company had for the supposed owner was not in service and the company had never been notified that the cat was lost. The shelter had no better information. Long story short, the chip finally was reassigned to me and he's officially mine. I wasn't going to give back to anyone anyway!

#197 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,224 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:23 PM

Lucky Traveler! :yes:

#198 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:27 PM

Watch out because for sure he has a good few mates who will want to move in too .
I started with Greycoat who multiplied exponentially . Now we have Waistcoat ,Sammy and Tux as well. While Greycoat is still wild he is my pal . Of the others Tux is always somewhere near me when I am in the garden . Waistcoat lets me stroke him during mealtimes only . Sammy takes his wary lead from the others and takes strips of ham and chicken from my outstretched fingers .
It's a joy to see the way they all follow my son around even outside mealtimes . I wonder how many will be coming to the door this time next year for treats and staple .
Linux counter no . 393441

#199 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,224 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:53 PM

Somewhere someday in some alternate universe, you'll be rewarded for your kindnesses to those little kitties.

#200 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

Now we have Waistcoat ,Sammy and Tux as well. While Greycoat is still wild he is my pal . Of the others Tux is always somewhere near me when I am in the garden . Waistcoat lets me stroke him during mealtimes only . Sammy takes his wary lead from the others and takes strips of ham and chicken from my outstretched fingers .
Your accomplishments with your cats are greater, I think. Traveler obviously wasn't feral, or even very long without a home--his trust of people and good disposition make me pretty sure of that. Your group is certainly wilder, and getting them to trust you even a little must have taken a lot of patience and kindness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users