Show Us Your Real Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Here's where I spend a lot of my time...dsc00948.jpgNotice the patent pending ClutterLabs® Direct Air Cooling method being used on my tower (case open :hysterical: ) "ClutterLabs® --open hardware for open software" :hysterical:

securitybreach

Here is mine:1696ba58570433.gifI have two more machines but they are running headless so you can not see them in the pic but they are there.Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

Man! The way I am when I lose patience with my computers, I could never have that sword... or the guitar, for that matter, lying close to hand. :o

securitybreach
Man! The way I am when I lose patience with my computers, I could never have that sword... or the guitar, for that matter, lying close to hand. :)
Sorry been at work all day. Anyway, the guitars are nothing, that sword weighs atleast 30lbs. I got it for 15 bucks at a Flea Market. The guy had to get rid of it because of kids but it is unreal. It reminds me of a sword from Highlander :w00t: . That being said, I love my computers too much to hurt them. :o Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

A 'headless' machine is just a machine with no keyboard, mouse or monitor attached, which you access over the network only. Guess you could say it has no arms or legs either. :thumbsup:

computers.jpgThen at a 90 degreeeMachine.jpgThis computer will eventually go on top of the black desktop to the right. Unfortunately, I hooked up my KVM switch to my husband's two computers so I need to buy another one for me.

OMG you neatness freaks amaze me. I'm a Virgo so am supposed to be neat, but every time I tidy it's only a couple of days till a new project creates new mess. :whistling: :rolleyes: :) Hey Eric, which one is the "before" shot to your original "after" shot? :lol:

V.T. Eric Layton

Very nice and neat, Liz! :lol:@Sunrat... HAHA! Mine would have coffee cups and glasses of iced tea lying around, not Coke bottles. :rolleyes: Oh, and I'm a Virgo too. :whistling:

Very nice and neat, Liz! :)@Sunrat... HAHA! Mine would have coffee cups and glasses of iced tea lying around, not Coke bottles. :rolleyes: Oh, and I'm a Virgo too. :whistling:
Virgos rule!..... if it's OK by y'all. :lol: And I don't like Coke either, or coffee. Cuppa Formosan tea (tannin free) is my daily morning ritual. bostonteaparty2006s.jpgArtist's impression of how I see my desktop BEFORE that first cup. Edited by sunrat

My Computer roomMelth_main.jpgMy main computer work station. The computer with removable hard drivetrays is under the desk.th_main1.jpgTo my right is my Brother Laser Jet and my Linux Liberary I have many more books stored in the garage.th_main2.jpgTo the left of my work station under the table is my antec File server running Freenas.The beige colored oblong items next to the monitor on the table are removable hard drive trays that go in the hard drive racks in the server. Hot swapable. to the left of thetable is a couple of mini tower computers.

Edited by mhbell

DSCF2957_resize.jpgHere's my main setup. This is a Dell Optiplex GX620 that dual boots Windows XP and Mandriva 2010.DSCF2958_resize.jpgThis is my secondary unit. It's a clone with an AMD X2 4600+ that runs Ubuntu 8.04.

• 6 months later...
cybormoron

hi folks...just thought i'd drop in and say howdy do. howdy do! for the past few weeks i've been pressing my nose to the grindstone trying to clean up and organize my computer. it's really an unorganized, messy, eight year collection of files and quite a daunting task going through thousands upon thousands of files and hundreds of cd/dvd's but i'm making good progress. i've had to actually pull the plug on the internet so i could stay focused. i'm doing so well that i thought i'd come up for air and post something. here's an oldie i found.let me explain what's going on in the pic. this is my dual monitor setup in the corner of the basement. i've since replaced one of the screens with a wide screen. the time is 2:00, most likely AM. i sit here sideways with my feet propped up and my right arm on the desk. the mouse is elevated to reduce wrist strain. this works so well that i can sit for hours without moving. sometimes i just doze off for a half hour or so. i've had to learn to keep my hand off the mouse if i do fall asleep lest i click something i don't want to. the keyboard is in an awkward place but i couldn't type anyway so i got by with one finger hunt and peck. i've since found a stand for the mouse so i could move the keyboard directly underneath. my typing has improved somewhat. i use two fingers now. notice the be-boppa-rebop rhubarb pie.9fa0a186957059.jpg

Edited by cybormoron