Desktop freeze?!

Hedon James

2 hours ago, raymac46 said:

I think they are just a log of "errors" between apps and X - if the video is working OK, why worry?. Also you should be able to reset the log file by logging out and logging back in, restarting X. Unless you have a huge xerrors file that is eating up your disk space I wouldn't worry about it much.

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/what-is-~-xsession-errors-file-868518/

yeah....not worried.  just curious.  not curious enough to go back down the rabbit hole though...

~/.xsession-errors logs a crapload of informational messages which are of no consequence to normal running. I delete it occasionally when it grows too big - just did it now and it was 106MB.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sunrat said:

~/.xsession-errors logs a crapload of informational messages which are of no consequence to normal running. I delete it occasionally when it grows too big - just did it now and it was 106MB.

SWEET!  I was hoping (and expecting) that was the case.

After the trials & tribulations of this thread, I'm happy to leave that alone and just get stuff done.  And MAYBE someday in the distant future, when I'm feeling the itch to do something, maybe I'll look at those logs and try to decide if its even worth looking into.  Based on the pace of errors being logged (approx 7 per hour), I'm guessing there are approximately 7 errors (or less) that a daemon is tracking and reporting.  Usually, my OCD won't let it rest, but your info has scratched that itch enough for OCD to calm down.  As of now....DON'T CARE!  Thanks Sunrat!

• Like 1