Spiral Linux

Hedon James

My great grandmother's brother was Weston A. Price - dentist, medical researcher, cultural anthropologist who lived in Cleveland Ohio. Weston built a rustic vacation home and hotel in what is now Bon Echo park in rural Ontario. That is where that photo was taken - likely by my Uncle Weston with a very high end Kodak camera.

Weston sold the property after his son Donald died in childhood in 1914. It was later acquired by the Ontario government for the park as its location on Mazinaw Lake is unsurpassed.

My great grandmother died in 1943 and I never met her but I knew the rest of these Victorian ladies growing up - and my uncle obviously. It is quite a cool experience to see them young and beautiful as they were. The last of my great aunts died in 1987.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Edited by raymac46
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 12:43 PM, wa4chq said:

dad was born in the UK a

I always had a feeling that you had hidden qualities. If your lucky you will find out that he was from Yorkshire. 🫣

7 hours ago, abarbarian said:

I always had a feeling that you had hidden qualities. If your lucky you will find out that he was from Yorkshire. 🫣

I believe I should  be sitting on the throne...nini_head.jpg

Dad grew up south of Yorkshire....in Malmsebury.

Edited by wa4chq
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, abarbarian said:

Nice part of the country. 😃

Dad and mom went back for several visits but aren't able to travel now.  I've been to the UK but not to that area.  The picture is dads real grand mother.  I'm sure she would have been a Linux kind of gal.

dads_grandma.jpg

• Like 1