2 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

The seller may have been in Kentucky and been an American. MUCH stuff on eBay is drop-shipped directly from China. It is what it is.

Not when your look at you PayPal payment and the sellers name is in Chinese characters.  Everything I bought this month was supposed to be "U.S. Stock".  When I look at my PayPal transactions, the majority turned out to be Chinese.

edit: Also, I've probably averaged 5 to 10 eBay purchases per month for the last 15 yrs.  It was NEVER like this.  This seems to be a product of the pandemic and the hit the Chinese market has taken.

Edited by Bookmem
  • Agree 1
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bookmem

• securitybreach

• V.T. Eric Layton

• zlim

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be blunt in my response... that SUCKS!

Just ran into another pet peeve.  Shipper's who tape over the "quick openning tab" on packages.  Doesn't do a single thing to protect the package but makes it a PITA to open!😝

Govt BS has got to be on everyone's list of pet peaves.  Our gov just told us that people over 70, which I exceed by a decade, are eligible for this round of Covid vaccines.  What he neglected to tell

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Bookmem
Posted (edited)

Govt BS has got to be on everyone's list of pet peaves.  Our gov just told us that people over 70, which I exceed by a decade, are eligible for this round of Covid vaccines.  What he neglected to tell us was that it would only be available from 107 pharmacies to cover the entire state and that there are only 20,000 doses available for the 640,000 people that are eligible.  Naturally those poor pharmacies have been inundated with calls from people trying to sign up for appointments.  Apparently a lot of people have given up on trying to make appointments and are just showing up in person,  which does them no good.

At 81 yrs old, and with breathing problems, I'm in the very high risk category.  So, to have my hopes raised about getting the vaccination, only to have them dashed, goes beyond frustratiing.

edit: I live in a ten story apt bldg for the elderly and just got a letter stating that the management has made arrangements for bringing someone here to vaccinate us.  Didn't say when, but not having to fight for a pharmacy appointment, is an improvement.

Edited by Bookmem
  • Sad 2
Bookmem
Posted (edited)

Got another one.  Places that claim "free delivery" but charge a "service fee".  If it cost more than it would if you picked it up, then it's a "delivery fee".  Painting "BEAR" on the side of a donkey, doesn't make it a bear.

Edited by Bookmem
sunrat
3 hours ago, Bookmem said:

Got another one.  Places that claim "free delivery" but charge a "service fee".  If it cost more than it would if you picked it up, then it's a "delivery fee".  Painting "BEAR" on the side of a donkey, doesn't make it a bear.

That doesn't drive me nuts as it happens everywhere so is just accepted and factored in to purchasing decisions.

I bought a bed several years ago which was listed at $699 with free delivery. I asked if I could have it for $650 without free delivery and they instantly agreed! 😀

• +1 1
V.T. Eric Layton

And...

So...

Or...

But..

... people who start sentences with conjunctions or that darn word "so". I HATE listening to news talking heads these days because they all start their comment with... So, bla-bla-bla.

Bookmem
2 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

And...

So...

Or...

But..

... people who start sentences with conjunctions or that darn word "so". I HATE listening to news talking heads these days because they all start their comment with... So, bla-bla-bla.

'So' is so much easier to type than 'therefore'.😁

• Haha 1
abarbarian
14 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

And...

So...

Or...

But..

So that is why you don't read my posts. But maybe you do. Or it is possible I am wrong on both accounts. 😱

• +1 1
V.T. Eric Layton
6 hours ago, abarbarian said:

...read my posts.

What posts?

• Haha 1