Jump to content
Bookmem

Pet Peeves: What Drives You Nuts?

Recommended Posts

Bookmem

I hope the mods find this topic fits.  I want to start off with one of my peeves.  Men's "Slim Fit" clothing.  It looks horrible and is uncomfortable to boot.  Even skinny people look bad wearing it.  I was watching three sports caster this past weekend.  Two fairly young and the third, an older guy.  You could tell the two younger ones were wearing "Slim Fit" trousers because they were all wrinkled up from being too tight around the legs.  Try sitting down in those pants and you spend a lot of time trying to keep them from binding.  Very uncomfortable.  The older guy's looked neat and wrinkle free.  Regaular fit.  I'm 5' 11" tall and weigh 175 lbs.  I don't consider myself fat but if I try wearing a "Slim Fit" dress shirt, my stomach keeps poking out any time I'm sitting.  They say to just buy one size larger, but then the neck gapes and the cuffs hang down aroung my knuckles.  Whoever came up with this fashion ought to be hung at daybreak!!😝

 

___

 

Edited this thread as a result of a required Merge of two threads. Also, added #tags and Pinned this topic. ~Eric 041920:1252EDT

  • Agree 2
  • +1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V.T. Eric Layton

:hysterical: Slimfit pants... yeah. I can just seem myself wearing those. Of course, I'm 6'2" and weigh in at about 235lbs these days; not obese, but definitely not "slim".

 

---

 

A pet peeves thread... Oooooh! This could be fun! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abarbarian

Slimfit pants are really sensible when you view them against Low Crotch pants.

 

p820_haki2-800x1064.jpg

 

ep107_siyah3-615x850.webp

 

I saw a lad wearing some of these trying to run to catch a bus, best laugh I have had for a while. :hysterical:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

They're like a kilt with legs

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zlim

Women's dresses are the same. Everything is "form fitting" and most women don't have a form that looks good in this. The woman hosting the evening news last night looked awful in the dress they put her in.

 

The manufacturers are saving material by trying to convince you that form fitting for women or slim fit for men is the best style for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bookmem
1 hour ago, zlim said:

Women's dresses are the same. Everything is "form fitting" and most women don't have a form that looks good in this. The woman hosting the evening news last night looked awful in the dress they put her in.

 

The manufacturers are saving material by trying to convince you that form fitting for women or slim fit for men is the best style for everyone.

It's not just material they are saving.  Slim Fit men's dress shirts only come in 4 or 5 sizes.  In regular fit, there are at least 20. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abarbarian
On 4/2/2020 at 12:58 PM, securitybreach said:

They're like a kilt with legs

 

Sort of but not. With a kilt your legs are free to move. Wear a pair of ordinary pants but lower them to halfway down your thigh and you get that wonderful restricted leg movement that Low crotch pants supply.  🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bookmem

I know  most people in this forum are going to disagree with me, but I'm going to say it anyway. I just removed Nascar from my browser toolbar over the punishment of Kyle Larson.  He deserved a fine and maybe being held out of the next race.  But he DID NOT deserve to lose his career over a stupid remark made in the "heat of the moment".  Nascar is more worried about bad publicity than they are about being fair, so this is the "nail-in-the-coffin" as far as I'm concerned.  The racing has been going downhill for years anyway, so I'm through watching after 60 years. (I was stationed at Sanford Naval Air Station , about 40 miles away, when Daytona was built and have been a fan since.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bookmem

MODS:  I meant this to be in the "My Pet Peeves" not in a separate.  My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

just removed Nascar from my browser toolbar

 

What kind of toolbar was that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bookmem
3 hours ago, securitybreach said:

 

 

 

What kind of toolbar was that?

Sorry, meant bookmark bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach
22 minutes ago, Bookmem said:

Sorry, meant bookmark bar.

 

Ah ok. I was wondering if people still used search bars and such in their browsers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bookmem
On 4/16/2020 at 9:28 AM, Bookmem said:

I know  most people in this forum are going to disagree with me, but I'm going to say it anyway. I just removed Nascar from my browser toolbar over the punishment of Kyle Larson.  He deserved a fine and maybe being held out of the next race.  But he DID NOT deserve to lose his career over a stupid remark made in the "heat of the moment".  Nascar is more worried about bad publicity than they are about being fair, so this is the "nail-in-the-coffin" as far as I'm concerned.  The racing has been going downhill for years anyway, so I'm through watching after 60 years. (I was stationed at Sanford Naval Air Station , about 40 miles away, when Daytona was built and have been a fan since.)

Seems Bubba Wallace, the only black driver in Nascar's senior circuit, agrees with me that Kyle Larson doesn't deserve the punishment he got.  https://www.foxnews.com/auto/bubba-wallace-kyle-larson-second-chance-racial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach

That is hilarious that his name is Bubba. :hysterical:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bookmem
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, securitybreach said:

That is hilarious that his name is Bubba. :hysterical:

 

At least someone is getting some enjoyment out of what really isn't a laughing matter.🤨  Actually, laughing about a black driver's name would get you suspended too, if you were a driver.  That;s just how dumb the whole PC business has gotten.  You aren't allowed to laugh.

Edited by Bookmem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
V.T. Eric Layton
On 4/16/2020 at 11:17 AM, Bookmem said:

MODS:  I meant this to be in the "My Pet Peeves" not in a separate.  My bad.

 

Merged, @Bookmem. :)

 

And Pinned this topic. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
securitybreach
24 minutes ago, Bookmem said:

At least someone is getting some enjoyment out of what really isn't a laughing matter.🤨  Actually, laughing about a black driver's name would get you suspended too, if you were a driver.  That;s just how dumb the whole PC business has gotten.  You aren't allowed to laugh

 

I'm from the south and I'm laughing because of how country it sounds, it had nothing to do with his color. It  would be just as funny if it were a white guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bookmem
1 hour ago, securitybreach said:

 

I'm from the south and I'm laughing because of how country it sounds, it had nothing to do with his color. It  would be just as funny if it were a white guy.

Too bad.  The PC culture doesn't allow you to explain what you meant.  You laughed at a black person's name.  That is a cardinal  sin.  And, admit it, it wouldn't be nearly so funny if it were a white guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saturnian
On 4/18/2020 at 3:23 PM, securitybreach said:

That is hilarious that his name is Bubba. :hysterical:

 

 

Well, the above was the first post of this thread I saw -- glanced at it in the "Recent Posts" section of these forums' index page, I think it's called -- and before I got around to looking at the other posts in the thread, I thought "Bubba" was a white guy!

 

I think there might be more white guys called "Bubba" than black guys. Lol, Gerry Lester "Bubba" Watson Jr. comes to mind.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bookmem
On 4/19/2020 at 9:10 PM, saturnian said:

 

Well, the above was the first post of this thread I saw -- glanced at it in the "Recent Posts" section of these forums' index page, I think it's called -- and before I got around to looking at the other posts in the thread, I thought "Bubba" was a white guy!

 

I think there might be more white guys called "Bubba" than black guys. Lol, Gerry Lester "Bubba" Watson Jr. comes to mind.

You won't get in any trouble with the PC police for making fun of Bubba Watson's name.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...