Why are so many people fat and unhealthy

sunrat

Guest LilBambi

It's been on the inside wall of the Statue of Liberty since it's unveiling 1903.

New_colossus.jpg

Edited by LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

Thank you Adam for posting it at this very time (with USA Independence Day celebration around the corner) it is very poignant. We are a melting pot. We can not forget our roots.

I am you as you are me ,and we are all together . I am the egg-man .I am the walrus. ______|------->>> :hug: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :alien: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :luck: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :url: :url:

• Like 1

Back "On Topic":

Look at the pictures....

Motorcycles, scooters, shopping carts.....

It's not the governments fault

It's not Madison Avenue

It's not McDonald's, KFC, or Burger King

It's not genetically modified food

It's not social injustice

It's not about "big boned", or a glandular condition

If you want to blame someone.....

IT'S THAT GUY WHO INVENTED THE WHEEL ! :devil:

• Like 2

Guest LilBambi

In some ways that is true Pete!

In earlier times, we would walk everywhere. Now we often live too far apart, or live on the other side of a sprawling city or city in the making. Walking along highways is not safe for various reasons. So unless you live in a city, or a bedroom community with nice roads and sidewalks, getting somewhere takes a vehicle of some kind; car, truck, bus, etc.

Biking is a good option for some areas if they have wide enough roads and/or bike lanes to make it safer. This is not the case in areas where there are roads that two vehicles have to go to the edge to of the road without a line down the middle to make sure each other can get past each other.... ;)

So unless you live in a city, or a bedroom community with nice roads and sidewalks, getting somewhere takes a vehicle of some kind; car, truck, bus, etc.

Sadly, in my area bedroom communities frequently have no sidewalks. Sidewalks are for pedestrians, and no one envisioned that peculiar breed when the new suburbs were laid out.
  • Like 2

I still think that the main reason for morbid obesity is nothing more or less than clinical depression.

There is also the problem with insulin .

Both causes are self perpetuating .

V.T. Eric Layton

The #1 reason that most people are fat is because they weigh a lot. :yes:

• Like 2

cabbage patch "feed me kid" - no joke.

That really is awful. Why would anyone buy that for their child? :'(

V.T. Eric Layton

Because the child is inundated with advertisements for the doll on all their favorite afternoon television programs. As a result, they nag and whine to their parents, whose main concerned is keeping their children quiet and invisible using any means necessary up to and including pharmaceuticals. Modern parenting... it is what it is.

And, of course, I'm painting with a very BROAD brush here. So, you good parents out there, don't get all upset. I wasn't talking about you. However, you parents who drug your kids up and let the TV babysit them, well... you know who you are.

Duhh to teach the kid how to eat fries. :whistling:

The ladies around here keep fit with a lot of power walking . They tone up their legs lungs tummies hips, and jaws:- because it gets them on a high and they really chatter a lot as they are passing by. I like it.

Cluttermagnet

Mercola has been singing the praises of high intensity interval training, the past year or so. He is a strong believer in that approach.

On another note...

We used to have Super High Intensity Training back in the day. I am sworn to not speak the acronym for it, lest I be terminated by

assassins or my mouth scrubbed with bar soap by the ever vigilant censors. The secret is safe with me... :whistling:

P.S. I did later take the time to watch the entire film. And learned a few new things. Excellent- thanks!

The Truth About Exercise. I've taken heed of this and practice High Intensity Training (HIT) regularly. It works and makes you feel good. :thumbsup:

http://vimeo.com/51836895

Edited by Cluttermagnet

V.T. Eric Layton

At work we call it special high intensity training.... :P

Adam

Yes... I've experienced that in the private sector also. :w00t:

A = When you have total control freaks inadequate bullies or total morons supposedly looking after their loved ones.

Edited by Corrine
image removed

Folks,

Let's try to not let this thread get out of hand with posting pictures of overweight people. It is mean-spirited, and not really what we stand for here. It started as a discussion about the state of obesity in the United States, and is starting to become one where fat people are mocked.

If the thread continues this way, I will lock it.

Return to your regularly scheduled foolishness. :)

Adam

PS- I don't really care about the topic going off topic, only the topic that the topic drifted to. Does that make sense? >_

Apologies to those who wanted to continue the discussion. Adam already asked that pictures not be posted of overweight people.

• Like 2