• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• quint

• teacher

• Bruno

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we're back from 98SEAnd tried cleaning the 2 new Black cartridges but NO SUCCESS with the 820 and shoot that's the only printer I have working with Suse.Thinking of a Cannon for Windows and the C42UX for Linux BUT LInux does not seem to have the support for Cannon as it does for Epson and the C42UX for Suse IF I can get that running in Linux :blink: :blink: :blink: heavens it seem like an awfull rocky road as I need to Self-Publish a 24 page book of my Photo/Poems by next Wednesday.Who said life had no Stress :w00t: :lol: :w00t: Oh well at least I'm back on Suse tryin to decide what to do next :'( :'( o:) :ermm: :lol: Colin

If you are getting a new printer, just don't get the latest model. Hubby has a Canon S450 and it worked on initial install of Mandrake. Never had it not work on his machine. My old HP works like a charm as well

aLL Yous out therecanon Has LITTLE support with SUSE so Mandrake seems the option hereAnd C62 seems a possibility here in CanadaHP ??? Cartridge price a little pricy ??? :blink: :blink: :blink: :'( Thanx allColin :lol: :w00t: :'(

Colin quote:

HP ??? Cartridge price a little pricy ???   
You're exactly correct...I paid $49 for the HP 610CL, and replacement cartridges (both black & color) cost $43 + tax! :w00t:

Heck Quint WHAT & WHICH 15 distros :w00t: I'm still trying to unbderstand HOW to Install another distro along side Suse BUT am RELUCTANT to try that :lol: :blink: :blink: Colin

Mandrake 9.1Slackware 9.0Mepis 200308Lorma 4.0rc2Conectiva 9.0VectorSOHO 3.2Mandrake 9.2 (testing)Vector 4.0RedHat 9.0DamnSmall 0.4.10Knoppix 3.3 Slackware 9.1ALT Jr. 2.3bSuSE 8.2Mandrake 9.2 (non-test) :blink: :lol: :blink: :blink: :thumbsup:P.S.: Colin, you can do it...I did! All the info necessary, is found in the "ATL forum". :w00t:

Colin,My list is a lot smaller:Mandrake 9.1Slackware 9.1Vector SHOHO 3.2Vector Linux 4.0Debian 3.0RedHat 9D*** Small 0.4.10Mandrake 9.2Mandrake 9.2RC2Suse 8.2 :blink: :blink: :lol: :w00t: Bruno

Righty HO Here's the BIGGYWhich Distro should I install alongside Suse 8.2Considering Suse is on a 9G Native Drive with a 946MB swap file so that i can Do my Printing & graphics and Publications few & far between as of now!!!And an EVEN bigger Biggy HOW :lol: :w00t: :blink: :blink: :blink: Colin

:blink: HECK I need some Candles & a Cake right nowI LOVE LOVE LOVE PartiesCom on now I have mandrake 9.13. IS this a GOER and HOW to put it alongside Suse without wiping Suse outYou know Peaking my Interest ONLY gives this INTENSE SCORPIO MORE RESOLVE TO SPLURGE and extend my Horizons :blink: :lol: :'( :blink: :w00t: Colin

Colin,I think the first thing would be to determine if you have enough room for another distro; what size is your SuSE partition(s)? You will be able to use the same "Swap partition" for both distros. In case I am called away, there will be someone to help you, I'm sure. :w00t:

OOPS must be the beveragesCould NOT find if i have the room to installI have a 9G with Suse and a 946mb with swP FILE if THAT IS ANY HELP :o :huh: ;) :lol: COLIN

Colin,Open a konsole, type at the prompt:< $ df -h >...and post the results...it should give you the partition name, size, used and free, percentage, etc. Just copy and paste, into your post.

Colin,Here's an example:

[quint@localhost quint]$ df -hFilesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part22                      7.9G  1.9G  5.6G  26% /[quint@localhost quint]$
Make sure there's a space between "df" and "-h".

This is what I got Quint kamicota@linux:~> $ df -hbash: $: command not foundkamicota@linux:~> $df -hbash: -h: command not foundkamicota@linux:~> k :lol: Colin

OK, Colin, I'm in SuSE now...this is what I get:

quint@linux:~> df -hFilesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on/dev/hda21            8.6G  1.8G  6.9G  21% /shmfs              378M  0  378M 0% /dev/shmquint@linux:~>
I think I know the problem...don't type "$", just "df -h".

Silly me PUT a $ infront of dfSo this is what I got--->>>kamicota@linux:~> df -hFilesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on/dev/hda9 9.1G 3.8G 5.3G 42% //dev/hda1 5.9G 1.3G 4.6G 23% /windows/C/dev/hda5 12G 2.3G 9.5G 19% /windows/D/dev/hda6 1003M 455M 548M 46% /windows/E/dev/hda7 9.8G 1.8G 8.1G 18% /windows/Fshmfs 236M 0 236M 0% /dev/shmkamicota@linux:~>Colin :lol:

Yeah a 40GMy F drive is my play with drive about 10G with all my downloads and Pictures on etc BUT no ProgramsIf through Yast I add some more to linux will it hurt you know who :lol: Colin