Sign in to follow this  
LilBambi

Name that Avatar, in three words or less

brucekrymow
look.gif Here is what really goes on in med school!I think most here are old enough to recognize this, no?

Temmu

@computerbob - lame, but good!@brucekrymow - do patients buzz like that?

brucekrymow

Temmu ~It would be in inverse proportion to the insurance ceiling. taketemp.gif

Guest ComputerBob

I still remember "Operation" and its commercial. "Remove funny bone." :lol:

LilBambi

Oh, yeah! definitely remember that game! Course I liked the Incredible Edibles better B)

badcat

Mine is, um, a badcat.Chris

jbredmound

I just moved to the "guy addressing target" avatar. I hadn't been to the Gunsite site in over a year, and just dropped by to see what was happening. The guy is not me, but I know him from a course there. It brought back a ton of good memories, and I impulsively changed my avatar. Actually, every time I show up here at the forum, and see my avatar, I smile, so I'm going to keep it for awhile.

allstondave

Mine is a roving eyeball 'cause I'm always looking for something (or one) new interesting or funny.BTW This is my first post in this forum. I've been lurking for a while and always enjoy learning new stuff.

GolfProRM
Mine is a roving eyeball 'cause I'm always looking for something (or one) new interesting or funny.BTW This is my first post in this forum. I've been lurking for a while and always enjoy learning new stuff.
Allstondave,Welcome to the forum!!! I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information/humor here. It's a great forum that's not only informative, but extremely fun!Feel free to post your thoughts/ideas/questions here... worst case scenario: Jeber comes up with a pun that knocks you off your chair! :DP.S. Cool avatar!!!

Guest ComputerBob
Welcome to the forum!!!  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information/humor here.  It's a great forum that's not only informative, but extremely fun!Feel free to post your thoughts/ideas/questions here...  worst case scenario: Jeber comes up with a pun that knocks you off your chair! :DP.S.  Cool avatar!!!
I second that! Welcome! :blink:

Jeber

I, too, add my welcome. One question, though, if your UID is allstondave, shouldn't the eye be more bloodshot? (all-stond-ave)

Temmu

LOLand welcome, alstondave!

Guest ComputerBob
I, too, add my welcome.  One question, though, if your UID is allstondave, shouldn't the eye be more bloodshot?  (all-stond-ave)
That reminds me of the following, which I think was either from Steven Wright or a "Deep Thought by Jack Handey."Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself. MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words "mank" and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery and so is mankind. :D

allstondave
shouldn't the eye be more bloodshot?
Bloodshot???...That was the name of the J. Geils Band's third album...Now THOSE guys...Anyway, Thanks for the kind welcomes.

LilBambi

allstondave --Welcome! Hey, just looks like he used Visine ... 'gets the red out', right? :P

Cluttermagnet

Hey, guys-If you really, really want Jerry to be bigger without looking so pixelated, they have invented a piece of software for that one, too. No kidding. There is even a freeware version for download. I have it but have not actually tried it yet (so much freeware, so little time...)http://www.imagener.com/I am still in intensive counseling for my Santa Claus breakdown but am feeling much better already, thank you.

LilBambi

Cluttermagnet --You should have seen Jerry's picture before! He was pixilated before at 128x128 but Jeber fixed him up.About Imagener, have you gotten it to work well with the Standard version?I didn't have great luck with it. It really looked like a cool program. I tried it out today and found that it is Ad supported software (for two out of the three versions available) and the Standard (free) version doesn't do many formats and the formats it does do are not the versions of my .gif and .jpg files -- a pop-up box comes up and told me I need the Pro version ($50), so I couldn't even get it to work at all on the pictures I tried. Darn. :blink: Anyone else had any luck with the Standard version of this software?

Jeber
You should have seen Jerry's picture before!
There you go talking about my pixilation again, and in public, no less. I thought we agreed to keep that just amongst ourselves? You know how we guys get about talking about our personal problems in public forums! :P
but Jeber fixed him up
I don't think anybody could fix up Jerry. He never was much of a "fixer-upper". :huh: BTW, FYI, M O U S E... I just downloaded, and am using, Firebird 0.6 nightly build, and I already suffered a massive page reload that cleared about 5 tabs and took me out of a topic reply. Not a good thing. Just a friendly warning.

havnblast

0.6 is out - geezzzz still using the original one I downloaded a few weeks ago says it is 0.5 and it works so good I can't see changing it. Sorry to hear about your traumatizing event with it Jeber :huh:

Temmu

OH NO! :P cluttermagnet - you mean santa's DEAD? :huh: :P eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeK!! ;) :P :D :P :D ;) :P

jbredmound

You Guys are the Best!!! Without even realizing it, you have tipped off the Central Command as to the whereabouts of Saddam Insane.His most recent quote ("Ho, ho, ho"), along with the Avatar and closely-monitored-by-the-CIA forum banter, will lead to a raid within the next few hours! Congratulations!

Temmu
:( oh, my! :(

LilBambi
You should have seen Jerry's picture before!
There you go talking about my pixilation again, and in public, no less. I thought we agreed to keep that just amongst ourselves? You know how we guys get about talking about our personal problems in public forums! :(
but Jeber fixed him up
I don't think anybody could fix up Jerry. He never was much of a "fixer-upper". :( BTW, FYI, M O U S E... I just downloaded, and am using, Firebird 0.6 nightly build, and I already suffered a massive page reload that cleared about 5 tabs and took me out of a topic reply. Not a good thing. Just a friendly warning.
LOL! :( Gee and I thought Jerry was looking pretty good these days ;)Sorry to hear about the weirdness with Firebird's nightly build. You might want to delete the files in the Firebird directory and go back to get the .5 version's stable release noted on the download page. That particular build has been working great here.

Bruno

Three words or less ?Cool (1) Pen (2) guin (3) B) Bruno

LilBambi

Bruno --LOL! B)

teacher
Three words or less ?Cool (1) Pen (2) guin (3) B)  Bruno
Hey BrunoWhat's a "guin"? Don't believe I have seen that one in my Funk and Wagnels. Cool avatar.

LilBambi

Good question teacher ....hmmmmm..... www.merriam-webster.com .... guin ... returns only one entry:

One entry found for Le Guin.Main Entry: Le GuinPronunciation: l&-'gwinFunction: biographical nameUrsula K. 1929- originally surname Kroe.ber \'krO-b&r\ American author; best known for tales of science fiction and fantasy distinctive for their character development and use of language, including The Left Hand of Darkness, The Dispossessed, etc.
OK, well lets try ... www.dictionary.com ... guin ... returns only one entry, but different ...
guin, AL (town, FIPS 32224)  Location: 33.96609 N, 87.91055 W  Population (1990): 2464 (1069 housing units)  Area: 24.0 sq km (land), 0.0 sq km (water)  Zip code(s): 35563
hmmmm... ok ... www.google.com ... guinness ... ah there ya go ... now I got it ...found it for ya ... guinLOL! Sorry must have gotten side tracked somehow ... :D :D

Bruno
found it for ya ... guin
You got me sussed Fran !:D Bruno( PS could not find 'sussed' in the dic. is it just Irish or plain Engish slang ? )

GolfProRM
found it for ya ... guin
You got me sussed Fran !:D Bruno( PS could not find 'sussed' in the dic. is it just Irish or plain Engish slang ? )
Sussed? Not sure what that is... never heard it before...Anyway... a nice tall glass of guin sounds very good right now :D

Bruno

It is something like: you figured out my secrets :D Bruno