Name that Avatar, in three words or less

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi
Well i have done a lot of raking (in the yard that is) of dirt & grass & leaves etc. & it seemed to be a bit differentBy the way,i have visited many forums & places on the internet,but this place is the most pleasant i have beenI always consider this forum my first stop when i sign onThank you for allowing me to be part of your community!
Raker --That's great! So glad you like it here in SNL Forums ... I know I do too ... there are definitely some great folks here!Glad you decided to join us!Your Raker name and avatar are pretty cool actually and certainly original and that's half the fun <_>

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• teacher

• Jeber

• GolfProRM

• havnblast

LilBambi: So glad you like it here in SNL Forums ... I know I do too ... there are definitely some great folks here!
I couldn't agree more. ;) I haven't met anyone here that I don't like. What a great group! ;)

I've been pretty lucky with forums, I am in 5 forums now and I think this is a great forum. I help out with 4 of the 5 so it keeps me busy. It's great to have a community that can share like they do here. 3 Cheers for us ;)

Havnblast, care to make that 5 for 5? (You already have helped out, as I'm sure you'll recall.)I'm not going to explain my avatar. It's my third "temporary" avatar, and one of these days I'll get a real one.But I LOVE hearing about all yours. This is just an amazing thread. There are some talented electronic artists in here, several very funny people, and most of all everyone is really nice.I keep wanting to pinch myself.But, then, I'm also not a whit surprised at how great a community this is. For some reason I've been really lucky with that. Over two years of thousands and thousands of emails to the newsletter, the tone here is very like the tone of those emails.You guys are great!-- ScotP.S. Jeber, I find myself missing the Jerry Rubin avatar. (I had hair down to my butt in the early 70s too, and I seem to recall that I DID steal that book.) I know your Twisted avatar helps get the message across, but, I dunno, Jerry was *you.*

Where am I needed Scot? I'm going to get to those graphics here shortly - got sick and than swamped with service calls and people calling in sick to work -- augh. Always open to helping if ya need it

Yep I miss "Jerry" too!!!!
Me too! ;) Stryder - I liked the car. :) I think the blinking clock is just too mundane. :) I think I am hooked on the SNF! :) :) :) I keep thinking my husband is going to wonder what I am doing on the computer so much after coming home from school. Just keep them wondering. I almost feel like I need to change my avatar every week to keep up. Maybe I will come up with a new one for Easter!

Yep I miss "Jerry" too!!!!
Me too! :)I almost feel like I need to change my avatar every week to keep up.
I know what you mean Teacher... I felt like it was time for a change, and with a bunch of people using Animated gifs, I thought it'd be fun to make an animated Chicago logo... Adds a little sparkle don't you think? :DThe avatars are so interesting, and with everyone changing theirs, it'll keep us on our toes!P.S. I'm jumping on the Jerry Bandwagon too! "JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!"

Guest LilBambi

I totally agree! There are some great folks on the SNL forums!I am also jumping on the bandwagon for the Jerry Rubin avatar for Jeber ... it just doesn't seem to be Jeber without Jerry!Now as far as Stryder goes ... I loved the flag avatar best, but I really liked the car too. I enjoy the flashing 12:00 avatar as well ... reminds me of the "Welcome Internet Help Desk" comedy routine ... 12:00 flasher!I love the 'sparkly' one for GolfProRM too! (but then I really liked the last one as well). :) :) :) :) havnblast --Me thinks that Scot was hinting more along the lines of helping out with 5 out of 5 forums, instead of 4 out of 5 :) Great idea, BTW! Was thinking the same thing.

My alter-ego,
Quint - Do you always follow the rules? :) I think you are the first to describe your avatar in 3 words! Congratulations. I was wondering if anyone was going to pay attention to that!I give you 100% for effort :) ! GolfProRM - I have to agree with LilBambi about the sparkly being nice. Now I guess I am going to have to get busy this weekend and create an animated avatar. Knew it was time for a new one.

Guest LilBambi

teacher --Cool! Will look forward to seeing it!quint --I knew the face and the name looked familiar ... Jaws was great fun!I loved Robert Shaw's part in it as Quint! I also equally loved his part in The Deep as Romer Treece as well. Wonderful character actor!

quint --I knew the face and the name looked familiar ... Jaws was great fun!I loved Robert Shaw's part in it as Quint!  I also equally loved his part in The Deep as Romer Treece as well. Wonderful character actor!
Also: A Man for all Seasons; From Russia with Love; Swashbuckler; to name but a few. Agree that he was a wonderful character actor.

Guest LilBambi
Weird, but I miss him/me too.  So exit looney man in straight jacket stage right, enter J.R. from the pits.
Yeah! Jeber is back!You might want to put him back to 64 x 72 like you had him before so he isn't pixelized though :)

alias & avatars...@golfprorm - one assumes by your alias that you're a, um, golf pro?  how cool is that?  :unsure:
One would Assume that based on my alias, that I would be a golf pro, but you know what happens when you assume don't you?*I'm actually not a golf pro. I do love the game of golf and play quite frequently, but I'm nowhere near a pro. :DOne of my friends gave me that nickname in highschool (Golfpro), and I just added my initials at the end to make it unique as a username. That would be the story of my alias! :unsure:* Assume (making an ASS out of U and ME)

Guest ComputerBob
[You might want to put him back to 64 x 72 like you had him before so he isn't pixelized though :)
Fran, you read my mind! :blink: AGAIN! :unsure: Though I have to think that J.R. himself probably spent a lot of time in a pixelated state. :unsure: :blink:

@golfprorm - i've got 2 bags and get emails from 'ballman' "do you need golfballs"; follow the pro's; talk about it, but how often do i get to play?  :unsure:
I understand that completely... I don't play nearly as often now as I used to... I still play as often as I can, but that, so far this year has been 4 times...

Guest LilBambi
[You might want to put him back to 64 x 72 like you had him before so he isn't pixelized though :)
Fran, you read my mind! :lol: AGAIN! :unsure: Though I have to think that J.R. himself probably spent a lot of time in a pixelated state. :blink: :blink:
ComputerBob ---LOL! :huh: Ya know, you may be right about Jerry Rubin himself!However, Jeber's JR avatar looked much better when it wasn't pixilized :unsure:

However, Jeber's JR avatar looked much better when it wasn't pixilized  :D
What?You mean it is pixilized? I thought I was just forgetting to look through my bifocals. ;) :D ;) :D B-)

You might want to put him back to 64 x 72 like you had him before so he isn't pixelized though
You are right, as usual. Now I/he look(s) much better (???)
Assume (making an ASS out of U and ME)
Haven't heard that since the Army. That's why I always try to say "presume". Make something out of that! :D

Guest ComputerBob
That's why I always try to say "presume".  Make something out of that!  :D
When you presume, you put PRESsure on U and me. :D(Yeah, I know it's lame!)