Arch Install

kamicota

securitybreach

Also, I think you are in Canada so here are the Canadian timezones in Archlinux that you need when you edit /etc/rc.conf:

╔═ comhack@Venus 04:55 PM ╚═══ ~-> ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/Canada/Atlantic  Central  East-Saskatchewan  Eastern  Mountain  Newfoundland  Pacific  Saskatchewan  Yukon

So it would be Canada/timezone.Thanks

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• kamicota

• V.T. Eric Layton

• zeek

Top Posters In This Topic

JoshPLEASE excuse the delay LOST my connection to ionternet on the Quad - do NOT know why as yet so fired up the IBMBut I ma way past where you just posted about - put in canadamountain and right now amd in --->>>File: /mnt/etc/rc.confAfter having to escape a couple of timesPatience is REALLY running low JoshCheers for yearsColin

securitybreach

Do not give up trust me when it is up and running, it will be smooth sailing. The setup is the hardest part of it but you are almost past that point.Thanks

But where to from hereDo not seem to have access to "root paswoor" Pacman Mirror etcCursor is blinking below a CTRL-x I had to do while in ___>>> Daemons = (syslog-ng network netfs crond)xCURSOR hereCheers for YearsColin :P

Josh we are in here --->>>File: /mnt/etc/rc.confDaemons to start at boot-up (in this order)# Prefix a daemon with a ! to disable it# Prefix it with @ to start in background#Daemons = (syslog-ng network netfs crond)xCURSOR blinking here Like I say time is running short on resolve here JoshAm finding out where I am truly this type of install Mentally CHALLENGED Cheers for yearsColin

securitybreach
Josh we are in here --->>>File: /mnt/etc/rc.confDaemons to start at boot-up (in this order)# Prefix a daemon with a ! to disable it# Prefix it with @ to start in background#Daemons = (syslog-ng network netfs crond)xCURSOR blinking here Like I say time is running short on resolve here JoshAm finding out where I am truly this type of install Mentally CHALLENGED Cheers for yearsColin
You should be in nano if you are editing that. Just hit ctrl-x to exit, hit y to save, then hit enter.THanks

securitybreach

Ok I wrote:

Select "Root-Password" and set the root password. You will have to enter it twice. Next select "Pacman-Mirror". You will need to specify a mirror for pacman. If possible pick the one that is closest to you. Note this will be changed upon first boot. Then ctrl-x to exit, click y to save. Next select "Return to Main Menu" (DONE).
Now to move to a selection, use your arrow keys and hit enter to select it.Once you hit enter to select done, then you will be brought back to the main menu to install grub.The screen after done, should say install boot loader. Hit enterThen Hit enter for grub and then it will show you the grub configuration. If you need to edit it do so and hit ctrl-x to exit and "y" to save. Hit enter for filename to keep the one listed.Thanks

Righty HoIt is on but no graphics etc as yetTRied "root" log and do not where to go from thereIt is only a text screenBut maybe it is pacman -Sy python RIGHT??? ;) OPSS! did that and NO SERVERS set up non to figure +++Guess I did NOT set the Canadian servers/repositories after all :w00t: Cheers for YearsColin

Edited by kamicota

securitybreach

Of course, that is Archlinux. You have to install what you want, mold your system to your liking. Read my tutorial, I explain what to do after reboot and how to install kde or gnome.Thanks

securitybreach

I understand that. Read the tutorial, I go over all of this.Start from the part that says: Congratulations! You've made it to your new Arch Linux install!You are so close. It is just commands from now on and they are easy.Thanks

YepAm and was reading the tutorial but with no mirrors seems like there is little or no likelyhood for this to be successfulAm going to try ONE more reboot and see what happensCheers for yearsColin

JoshGuess it can be truly said after all the patience on your part - that this just did NOT WORK And will have to look elsewhere for which Distro/Distros??? are needed Cheers for YearsColin ;)

/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlistGives me NO SUCH FILE or DIRECTORYAnd as said before because of MY ERRORS and lack of understanding of all even with an excellent tutorial have to say again --->>> LOOKS like it will not workCheers for YearsColin ;)

securitybreach

I am afraid you might be right but I do understand how you managed to install without any mirrors. This makes zero sense.You tried

# nano /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

?Thanks

Right how THAT command put me into it BUT there were NO mirrors ONLY a flashing cursorTHINK it was when I went and CLICKED on Canadian mirror with the cursor at the # which maybe should have clicked at END of that ftp urlCheers for YearsColin

securitybreach

There is nothing you could of done but delete all the mirrors and I do not think you did that. That is what is so confusing.Thanks