Time to update to MDV 2008 64 bit?

Grogerf

Sorry you will have to re-do the updates . . . :hmm: Yep you will need a static IP address on all systems for this to work . . . . and you can do so at install ( summary screen --> network --> wizard --> not DHCP but manual )B) Bruno
Hallo Bruno :D Thanks for your reply - yes I would like to get it right :thumbsup: :blink: - pity about all those updates B) :'( :'( .Before I start I'll check up the forum entries on static IP addresses. However I won't let the IP addresses get in the way of the fresh installation - I'm sure that can be fixed after the install.Watch this space :D :rolleyes: Grogerf

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grogerf

• Bruno

• striker

• Anil

Top Posters In This Topic

However I won't let the IP addresses get in the way of the fresh installation - I'm sure that can be fixed after the install.
Sure you ca do it after the install . . . and it is pretty easy :thumbsup: ( just "delete" the connection and make a new one ):rolleyes: Bruno

Sure you ca do it after the install . . . and it is pretty easy ;) ( just "delete" the connection and make a new one )B) Bruno
Hallo Bruno :D Re-install completed :thumbsup: /var is about 100Mb B) :) I was about to do the updates and noticed the following in the list:-kernel-server-2.6.22.12-1mdv - Linux Kernel for server use with x86_64​kernel-server-latest - Virtual rpm for latest kernel-server​nvidia-current-kernel-2.6.22.12-server-1mdv - nvidia-current driver for kernel 2.6.22.12-server-1mdv​ nvidia-current-kernel-server-latest - nvidia-current driver for latest kernel-server​These seem to be the 64 bit equivalents of these mentioned in your update thread :-kernel-desktop-2.6.22.9-2mdv-1-1mdv2008.0.i586 *kernel-desktop-latest-2.6.22.9-2mdv2008.0.i586 *nvidia-current-kernel-2.6.22.9-desktop-2mdv-100.14.19-1mdv2008.0.i586nvidia-current-kernel-desktop-latest-100.14.19-1.20071119.1mdv2008.0.i586Would the correct action after updating be to do "# urpmi kernel-source-2.6.22.9-2mdv" before rebooting - exactly the same as in the 32 bit situation?Looking forward to your reply :D :thumbsup: Grogerf

Hi GrogerI would put the kernel in the /etc/urpmi/skip.list . . . . will save you a lot of troubles. See: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=19924B) BrunoPS: From your post above: The kernel-server-2.6.22.12-1mdv and the kernel-source-2.6.22.9-2mdv do NOT match !!
Hallo Bruno,Thank you for your suggestion :thumbsup: B) I guess I should have written "# urpmi kernel-source-2.6.22.12-1mdv" :D Pays to check that the versions match :( However maybe the skip list is the best way to go :) :D Thanks again :D GrogerfEdit 1.Added to the skip list as you suggested and updates completed :thumbsup: ;) However two kernel updates remain ticked in the MCC list :-kernel-server-2.6.22.12-1mdv - Linux Kernel for server use with x86_64​kernel-server-latest - Virtual rpm for latest kernel-serverI wasn't sure if they were needed - I won't be running a web-server, but do want to have an ftp server on my machine for file & printer sharing. Should I complete these two updates B) :hmm: Edited by Grogerf

Usually, when you use the skip.list ( in your case you should also add "kernel-server" and "kernel-server-latest" to it ) you will see the kernel updates listed but their boxes won't be ticked. Also the update-applet will turn green also if those updates are still there in the MCC.A small detail: I wonder why you have "kernel-server" where most of us have "kernel-desktop" . . . . anyway it is not that important because the both support >1GB RAM ;):thumbsup: Bruno

Usually, when you use the skip.list ( in your case you should also add "kernel-server" and "kernel-server-latest" to it ) you will see the kernel updates listed but their boxes won't be ticked. Also the update-applet will turn green also if those updates are still there in the MCC.A small detail: I wonder why you have "kernel-server" where most of us have "kernel-desktop" . . . . anyway it is not that important because the both support >1GB RAM ;):( Bruno
Hallo Bruno :D Thanks for your reply :D B) I added "kernel-server" and "kernel-server-latest" to the skip list and then did a fresh update. The only update showing in the MCC update list then was kernel-server-latest - Virtual rpm for latest kernel-server​ and it had no tick on the box. I'm not sure what happened to "kernel-server" - it didn't show at all - and I know that I didn't update it :hmm: As to why I had the kernel-server and not kernel-desktop I can't shed any light - I did not check the 'server' box on the installation!I now have both machines running on static IP addresses now - thanks to you and striker's remove/delete network post :thumbsup: ;) Next I'll set up the ftp server on this machine - hopefully all will go well now :) GrogerfEdit 1Oops the ftp server did not go the way I wanted it to. I only installed the server on the first machine (first drakwizard, then follow the prompts under "share' in the MCC) and all seemed to go well. But when I tried access using Konqueror from machine#2 I got a could not connect to host message :thumbsup: I checked /etc/proftpd.conf and edited it to include the ip range needed as before, then ran # service proftpd restart, - but B) still the same result.Here is the result from "cat /etc/proftpd.conf" - I hope that you will be able to point out my error :D B) :-[roger@localhost ~]$ cat /etc/proftpd.conf## /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf -- This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file.# To really apply changes reload proftpd after modifications.## Includes DSO modulesInclude /etc/proftpd.d/*.conf# This is the directory where DSO modules residesModulePath /usr/lib64/proftpd# Allow only user root to load and unload modules, but allow everyone# to see which modules have been loadedModuleControlsACLs insmod,rmmod allow user rootModuleControlsACLs lsmod allow user *ServerName grandpaServerType standaloneDeferWelcome onMultilineRFC2228 onDefaultServer onShowSymlinks onTimeoutNoTransfer 600TimeoutStalled 600TimeoutIdle 1200DisplayLogin welcome.msgDisplayChdir .messageListOptions "-l"DenyFilter \*.*/UseIPv6 Off# Allow FTP resuming.# Remember to set to off if you have an incoming ftp for upload.AllowStoreRestart on# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.Port 21# In some cases you have to specify passive ports range to by-pass# firewall limitations. Ephemeral ports can be used for that, but# feel free to use a more narrow range.#PassivePorts 49152 65534# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes# to 30. If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections# at once, simply increase this value. Note that this ONLY works# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service# (such as xinetd)MaxInstances 30# Set the user and group under which the server will run.User nobodyGroup nogroup# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new files and dirs# (second parm) from being group and world writable.Umask 022 022# To cause every FTP user to be "jailed" (chrooted) into their home# directory, uncomment this line.#DefaultRoot ~# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.AllowOverwrite on# Uncomment this if you are using NIS or LDAP to retrieve passwords:PersistentPasswd off# Be warned: use of this directive impacts CPU average load!## Uncomment this if you like to see progress and transfer rate with ftpwho# in downloads. That is not needed for uploads rates.#UseSendFile offTransferLog /var/log/proftpd/xferlogSystemLog /var/log/proftpd/proftpd.log<IfModule mod_tls.c> TLSEngine off</IfModule><IfModule mod_quota.c> QuotaEngine on</IfModule><IfModule mod_ratio.c> Ratios on</IfModule># Delay engine reduces impact of the so-called Timing Attack described in# http://security.lss.hr/index.php?page=deta...=LSS-2004-10-02# It is on by default.<IfModule mod_delay.c> DelayEngine on</IfModule><IfModule mod_ctrls.c> ControlsEngine on ControlsMaxClients 2 ControlsLog /var/log/proftpd/controls.log ControlsInterval 5 ControlsSocket /var/run/proftpd/proftpd.sock</IfModule><IfModule mod_ctrls_admin.c> AdminControlsEngine on</IfModule># Bar use of SITE CHMOD by default<Limit SITE_CHMOD> DenyAll</Limit>#drakwizard_proftpd<Global> <Limit LOGIN> Order allow,deny Allow from 192.168.1. 127.0.0.1 Deny from all </Limit></Global>#drakwizard_proftpdServerAdmin xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.comRootLogin offAllowForeignAddress offAllowRetrieveRestart onDefaultRoot ~DirFakeUser off nobodyLogFormat auth "%v [%P] %h %t "%r" %s"Extendedlog /var/log/proftpd/ftp.logUseReverseDNS offLogFormat default "%h %l %u %t "%r" %s %b"DisplayConnect /etc/banner-proftpdDirFakeGroup off nobodyDeleteAbortedStores offIdentLookups offTimesGMT offAccessGrantMsg " -- Guest access granted for %u --"ServerIdent offLogFormat write "%h %l %u %t "%r" %s %b"AccessDenyMsg " !-!! ACCESS DENY !!-! SEEMS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT THERE !!"[roger@localhost ~]$ Edited by Grogerf

Hi GrogerThe /etc/proftpd.conf looks okay on first sight . . . but you could maybe have a look at these:

Allow from 192.168.1. 127.0.0.1 Deny from all </Limit></Global>#drakwizard_proftpdServerAdmin xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Please check if the IP range you use is indeed from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255 . . . and I would change the "xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com" to "root" . . . so
ServerAdmin root
After those changes please give the command:
# service proftpd restart

and try to access your ftp server with the IP address ( ftp://<IP-address> ):thumbsup: Bruno

Hi GrogerThe /etc/proftpd.conf looks okay on first sight . . . but you could maybe have a look at these: Please check if the IP range you use is indeed from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255 . . . and I would change the "xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com" to "root" . . . so After those changes please give the command:

and try to access your ftp server with the IP address ( ftp://<IP-address> )B) Bruno

Hallo Bruno :D Thanks again for your reply :) :thumbsup: I checked and the the range is 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255 (it was also this way before the 2008 install).I changed the email address as you suggested, but when I tried to restart proftpd this is what happened :'( :'( :-[root@grandpa roger]# service proftpd restartStopping proftpd [FAILED]Starting proftpd [FAILED][root@grandpa roger]#Does this indicate that proftpd is not running :o :hmm: I rebooted and tried from machine#2 and had the same 'unable to connect' failure message. B) I was able to do this command without difficulty when I added '192.168.1.' to the file. I did change the hostname back to 'grandpa' on machine #1 and to 'grandma' on machine #2 whilst waiting for your reply. Could this have caused the problem :hmm: :thumbsup: When I checked proftpd.conf I noticed that the hostname had changed automatically but couldn't see what else had changed other than the email address.Here is the result of cat /etc/proftpd.conf :-Hoping that you can see what's wrong :) :) Grogerf[roger@grandpa ~]$ cat /etc/proftpd.conf## /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf -- This is a basic ProFTPD configuration file.# To really apply changes reload proftpd after modifications.## Includes DSO modulesInclude /etc/proftpd.d/*.conf# This is the directory where DSO modules residesModulePath /usr/lib64/proftpd# Allow only user root to load and unload modules, but allow everyone# to see which modules have been loadedModuleControlsACLs insmod,rmmod allow user rootModuleControlsACLs lsmod allow user *ServerName grandpaServerType standaloneDeferWelcome onMultilineRFC2228 onDefaultServer onShowSymlinks onTimeoutNoTransfer 600TimeoutStalled 600TimeoutIdle 1200DisplayLogin welcome.msgDisplayChdir .messageListOptions "-l"DenyFilter \*.*/UseIPv6 Off# Allow FTP resuming.# Remember to set to off if you have an incoming ftp for upload.AllowStoreRestart on# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.Port 21# In some cases you have to specify passive ports range to by-pass# firewall limitations. Ephemeral ports can be used for that, but# feel free to use a more narrow range.#PassivePorts 49152 65534# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes# to 30. If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections# at once, simply increase this value. Note that this ONLY works# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service# (such as xinetd)MaxInstances 30# Set the user and group under which the server will run.User nobodyGroup nogroup# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new files and dirs# (second parm) from being group and world writable.Umask 022 022# To cause every FTP user to be "jailed" (chrooted) into their home# directory, uncomment this line.#DefaultRoot ~# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.AllowOverwrite on# Uncomment this if you are using NIS or LDAP to retrieve passwords:PersistentPasswd off# Be warned: use of this directive impacts CPU average load!## Uncomment this if you like to see progress and transfer rate with ftpwho# in downloads. That is not needed for uploads rates.#UseSendFile offTransferLog /var/log/proftpd/xferlogSystemLog /var/log/proftpd/proftpd.log<IfModule mod_tls.c> TLSEngine off</IfModule><IfModule mod_quota.c> QuotaEngine on</IfModule><IfModule mod_ratio.c> Ratios on</IfModule># Delay engine reduces impact of the so-called Timing Attack described in# http://security.lss.hr/index.php?page=deta...=LSS-2004-10-02# It is on by default.<IfModule mod_delay.c> DelayEngine on</IfModule><IfModule mod_ctrls.c> ControlsEngine on ControlsMaxClients 2 ControlsLog /var/log/proftpd/controls.log ControlsInterval 5 ControlsSocket /var/run/proftpd/proftpd.sock</IfModule><IfModule mod_ctrls_admin.c> AdminControlsEngine on</IfModule># Bar use of SITE CHMOD by default<Limit SITE_CHMOD> DenyAll</Limit>#drakwizard_proftpd<Global> <Limit LOGIN> Order allow,deny Allow from 192.168.1. 127.0.0.1 Deny from all </Limit></Global>#drakwizard_proftpdServerAdmin rootRootLogin offAllowForeignAddress offAllowRetrieveRestart onDefaultRoot ~DirFakeUser off nobodyLogFormat auth "%v [%P] %h %t "%r" %s"Extendedlog /var/log/proftpd/ftp.logUseReverseDNS offLogFormat default "%h %l %u %t "%r" %s %b"DisplayConnect /etc/banner-proftpdDirFakeGroup off nobodyDeleteAbortedStores offIdentLookups offTimesGMT offAccessGrantMsg " -- Guest access granted for %u --"ServerIdent offLogFormat write "%h %l %u %t "%r" %s %b"AccessDenyMsg " !-!! ACCESS DENY !!-! SEEMS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT THERE !!"[roger@grandpa ~]$ Edited by Grogerf

[root@grandpa roger]# service proftpd restartStopping proftpd [FAILED]Starting proftpd [FAILED]
Here is your problem ! . . . Your /etc/proftpd.conf is okay, but the server is not running :(I have no clue why it isn't running, never did see this happening before . . . . so we will have to do some guesswork:1). Do you have a firewall ( software firewall ) running on Mandriva ?2). Have a look in the MCC and see if proftp is indeed installed3). Reconfigure the FTP server in the MCC and under "options" in the MCC menu-bar select "show logs" and see if you can figure out what goes wrong ( maybe even un-install proftp in the MCC first . . but make sure it only takes proftp down and not a row of other packages )4). What sources are active in the MCC . . is the proftp installed 100% sure from the Mandriva sources ( not from PLF or other sources ):thumbsup: Bruno

Here is your problem ! . . . Your /etc/proftpd.conf is okay, but the server is not running :(I have no clue why it isn't running, never did see this happening before . . . . so we will have to do some guesswork:1). Do you have a firewall ( software firewall ) running on Mandriva ?2). Have a look in the MCC and see if proftp is indeed installed3). Reconfigure the FTP server in the MCC and under "options" in the MCC menu-bar select "show logs" and see if you can figure out what goes wrong ( maybe even un-install proftp in the MCC first . . but make sure it only takes proftp down and not a row of other packages )4). What sources are active in the MCC . . is the proftp installed 100% sure from the Mandriva sources ( not from PLF or other sources )B) Bruno
Hallo Bruno :D Thank you for your reply and your patience. :D :whistling: I wondered if the server wasn't running - something changed because the first time I made a change to include the IP range of the second machine it re-started without problem :hmm: In response to your questions:-1. I don't think I set up a software firewall on the machine, how do I check?2. proftpd (not sure of version -should have checked) is installed (see below)3. Removed & then re-installed the proftpd 1.3.1-0-rc3.0mdv2008.0 x86_64 and finished up with a three part .rpm save message & some other stuff -see below.4. PLF not shown in sources at all - only the sources from the 'Official updates' and 'Distribution sources' buttons in the MCCWhen the proftpd 1.3.1-0-rc3.0mdv2008.0 x86_64 installation finished three notes came up with the opportunity of doing nothing, choosing proftpd.conf original, or choosing proftpd.conf.rpmsave.I choose 'do nothing' and finished up with both files and a back up of the old proftpd.conf in /etcWhen I tried to configure the ftp server in the MCC it failed and told me to reconfigure :o the log is here :-16:15:01 drakwizard[10010]: ### Program is starting ### 16:15:01 drakwizard[10010]: ### Program is starting ### 16:15:01 drakwizard[10010]: running: /bin/rpm -q --qf %{name} proftpd 16:15:18 drakwizard[10010]: modified file /etc/proftpd.conf 16:15:18 last message repeated 26 times16:15:18 drakwizard[10010]: running: /etc/rc.d/init.d/proftpd status 16:15:18 drakwizard[10010]: running: /etc/rc.d/init.d/proftpd start This process is getting very convoluted :( :( . I'm begining to wonder if it would be better to use the proftd 1.3.1-0-rc3.0mdv2008.0 i586 ( or NFS/samba)The proftpd upgrade information follows :-Upgrade informationMandriva RPM specific notesmodules support --------------- proftpd-1.3.0 now loads the modules dynamically, very few modules are compiled into the proftpd binary. The new configuration file /etc/proftpd.conf uses a "Include /etc/proftpd.d/*.conf" statement which makes proftpd very similar to how modules are loaded and the configuration of apache-2.x. Because of this you may have to manually merge your old configuration into the new /etc/proftpd.conf file. This is especially true if you are using LDAP, because then the mod_ldap.so proftpd module will not be automatically loaded. Here is a list of the modules that are compiled as DSO's:o mod_autohost.so <- NEW o mod_ban.so <- NEW o mod_case.so <- NEW o mod_clamav.so <- NEW o mod_ctrls_admin.so <- NEW o mod_facl.so o mod_gss.so o mod_ifsession.so o mod_ldap.so o mod_load.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab_file.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab_ldap.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab_sql.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab_radius.so <- NEW o mod_radius.so o mod_ratio.so o mod_rewrite.so o mod_shaper.so <- NEW o mod_site_misc.so <- NEW o mod_sql.so <- NEW o mod_sql_mysql.so <- NEW o mod_sql_postgres.so <- NEW o mod_time.so <- NEW o mod_tls.so o mod_wrap2.so <- NEW o mod_wrap2_file.so <- NEW o mod_wrap2_sql.so <- NEWanonymous access configuration ------------------------------ Starting with 1.3.0-3mdv2007.1, there is no proftpd-anonymous package anymore. As it is just a configuration issue, providing a dedicated package was a bit overkill. Samples configuration files are available among normal package documentation. You may have to update your configuration manually.I do have the three lots of information saved in a text file that came up after installing proftpd ('/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf', '/etc/proftpd.conf.rpmsave' and 'changes') if needed :hmm: Looking forward to your reply - I'm sure it will make sense to you :happyroll: :P Grogerf

Yep you could have a look if proftd 1.3.1-0-rc3.0mdv2008.0 i586 works better . . . . it might do the trick. ( I have proftpd-1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0.i586 installed and working okay )The test-case is: what is the reply to: "# service proftpd restart" . . do we get "OK" or "FAILED" The fact that it is rewriting the proftpd.conf is not an issue . . no worries there.:D Bruno

Yep you could have a look if proftd 1.3.1-0-rc3.0mdv2008.0 i586 works better . . . . it might do the trick. ( I have proftpd-1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0.i586 installed and working okay )The test-case is: what is the reply to: "# service proftpd restart" . . do we get "OK" or "FAILED" The fact that it is rewriting the proftpd.conf is not an issue . . no worries there.B) Bruno
Hallo Bruno :D :) ,Thanks for your continued interest :thumbsup: :w00t: .I removed proftpd and replace it with the i586 version - same results as before - both come up with "FAILED" as the result of "# service proftpd restart" So that removes the possibility of proftpd being the cause of the problem. I suppose I should go back to the 64 bit version :hmm: What should be checked next? You mentioned a possible software firewall problem earlier. I set the security level to 'normal' when doing the installation, and when I go into MCC under 'Security' none of the boxes are ticked under the set up a personal firewall area.Looking forward to nailing this problem :o :thumbsup: Grogerf

So that removes the possibility of proftpd being the cause of the problem. I suppose I should go back to the 64 bit version :)
Well, it does not really . . . because it is the proftpd that refuses to start after all.:thumbsup: Bruno

Well, it does not really . . . because it is the proftpd that refuses to start after all.B) Bruno
Hallo Again Bruno :D ,Thanks for your reply, B) I take your point that it could be proftpd that is the problem after all. :( But what to do? :hmm: I've tried both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions and neither would re-start. Should I remove proftpd and drakwizard and any files they've left behind that could cause problems on a re-install (don't know what these files might be named) and start over again? (The re-start of proftpd did work when I first edited proftpd.conf to include the IP range of the second machine. However it wouldn't restart the second time I edited proftpd.conf to change the email address to 'root' or thereafter.)I really don't know what to do - what would you suggest? The aim is to be able to share files and printers with the second machine, both being connected to the same Ethernet switch, which is in turn connected to a combined ADSL modem and firewall. The system worked perfectly using Mandriva 2007 on both machines :'( Looking forward to your suggestions B) Grogerf

Well I am a bit puzzled by it myself . . . . . So the questions are: Are you fully updated ? Is it the 64bits version ( of proftpd ) you have installed now? And can you do a "urpmf --requires proftpd" so we can see where your version of proftpd depends on ?B) Bruno

Wouldn't it be easier to set up a new strategy to reach the goals :

The aim is to be able to share files and printers with the second machine, both being connected to the same Ethernet switch, which is in turn connected to a combined ADSL modem and firewall.
There are more ways than only one leading to Rome. B)

Well I am a bit puzzled by it myself . . . . . So the questions are: Are you fully updated ? Is it the 64bits version ( of proftpd ) you have installed now? And can you do a "urpmf --requires proftpd" so we can see where your version of proftpd depends on ?B) Bruno
Hallo Bruno :D ,Thanks for your reply to my puzzle B) (I keep wondering if I've caused the muck-up or if it created itself :hmm: )Machine is fully updated apart from the kernel - disabled the auto update feature as suggested in the mdv 2008 update thread. (I do a 'manual' update each day using the MCC update function because the 2008 update thread seems to be for the 32 bit version and I'm using 64 bits.)The proftpd version installed now is the 64 bit version.Looking forward to a solution - but not desparate :'( B) The response to "urpmf --requires proftpd" follow:-Grogerf [roger@grandpa ~]$ urpmf --requires proftpdproftpd:pam[>= 0.59]proftpd:setup[>= 2.2.0-21mdk]proftpd:rpm-helper[*]proftpd:rpm-helper[*]proftpd:rpm-helper[*]proftpd:rpm-helper[*]proftpd:/bin/sh[*]proftpd:/bin/sh[*]proftpd:/bin/sh[*]proftpd:/bin/sh[*]proftpd:/bin/shproftpd:bashproftpd:perl-baseproftpd:libattr.so.1()(64bit)proftpd:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd:libcrypt.so.1()(64bit)proftpd:libcrypt.so.1(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd:libcrypto.so.0.9.8()(64bit)proftpd:libdl.so.2()(64bit)proftpd:libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd:libintl.so.8()(64bit)proftpd:libncurses.so.5()(64bit)proftpd:libpam.so.0()(64bit)proftpd:libssl.so.0.9.8()(64bit)proftpd:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ldap:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ldap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ldap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ldap:liblber-2.3.so.0()(64bit)proftpd-mod_ldap:libldap-2.3.so.0()(64bit)proftpd-mod_ldap:rtld(GNU_HASH)kolab:proftpd[>= 1.3.0]kolab:proftpd-mod_ldap[>= 1.3.0]kolab:proftpd[>= 1.3.0]kolab:proftpd-mod_ldap[>= 1.3.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab:proftpd-mod_quotatab_driver[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:proftpd-mod_quotatab[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:proftpd-mod_quotatab[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:proftpd-mod_quotatab[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:proftpd-mod_quotatab[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_sql:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_sql:proftpd-mod_sql_driver[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:proftpd-mod_sql[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libm.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libmysqlclient.so.15()(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libz.so.1()(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:proftpd-mod_sql[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libm.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libpq.so.5()(64bit)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_wrap_file:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_wrap_file:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap_file:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap_file:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap_file:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_autohost:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_autohost:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_autohost:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_autohost:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_autohost:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_autohost:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_autohost:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_autohost:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ban:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ban:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ban:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ban:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_ban:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ban:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ban:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_case:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_case:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_case:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_case:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_case:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_case:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_case:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_clamav:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_clamav:clamdproftpd-mod_clamav:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_clamav:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_clamav:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_gss:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_gss:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_gss:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:libcom_err.so.2()(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:libdes425.so.3()(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:libgssapi_krb5.so.2()(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:libk5crypto.so.3()(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:libkrb5.so.3()(64bit)proftpd-mod_gss:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ifsession:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ifsession:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ifsession:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ifsession:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_ifsession:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ifsession:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ifsession:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ifsession:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_load:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_load:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_load:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_load:libattr.so.1()(64bit)proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_load:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_radius:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_radius:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_radius:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_radius:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ratio:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ratio:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ratio:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_ratio:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_rewrite:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_rewrite:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_rewrite:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_rewrite:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_shaper:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_shaper:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_shaper:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_shaper:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_site_misc:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_site_misc:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_site_misc:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_site_misc:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_site_misc:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_site_misc:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_site_misc:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_site_misc:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_time:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_time:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_time:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_time:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_tls:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_tls:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_tls:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_tls:libcrypto.so.0.9.8()(64bit)proftpd-mod_tls:libssl.so.0.9.8()(64bit)proftpd-mod_tls:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_wrap:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_wrap:proftpd-mod_wrap_driver[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_wrap:tcp_wrappersproftpd-mod_wrap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap:libattr.so.1()(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap:libc.so.6()(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)(64bit)proftpd-mod_wrap:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_sql:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_sql:proftpd-mod_sql_driver[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_sql:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ratio:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ratio:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ratio:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_ratio:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_ratio:rtld(GNU_HASH)kolab:proftpd[>= 1.3.0]kolab:proftpd-mod_ldap[>= 1.3.0]proftpd-mod_load:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_load:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_load:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_load:libattr.so.1proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_load:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_load:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_shaper:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_shaper:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_shaper:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_shaper:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_shaper:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:proftpd-mod_quotatab[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_quotatab_ldap:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_wrap_file:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_wrap_file:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap_file:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap_file:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_wrap_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_wrap_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_wrap_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_wrap_file:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_rewrite:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_rewrite:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_rewrite:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_rewrite:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_rewrite:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_site_misc:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_site_misc:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_site_misc:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_site_misc:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_site_misc:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_site_misc:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_site_misc:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_site_misc:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_site_misc:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_tls:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_tls:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_tls:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_tls:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_tls:libcrypto.so.0.9.8proftpd-mod_tls:libssl.so.0.9.8proftpd-mod_tls:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:proftpd-mod_sql[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libm.so.6proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:libpq.so.5proftpd-mod_sql_postgres:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:proftpd-mod_quotatab[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_quotatab_radius:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_quotatab:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab:proftpd-mod_quotatab_driver[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_quotatab:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_quotatab:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_quotatab:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_quotatab:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_quotatab:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:proftpd-mod_quotatab[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_quotatab_sql:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_gss:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_gss:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_gss:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_gss:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_gss:libcom_err.so.2proftpd-mod_gss:libdes425.so.3proftpd-mod_gss:libgssapi_krb5.so.2proftpd-mod_gss:libk5crypto.so.3proftpd-mod_gss:libkrb5.so.3proftpd-mod_gss:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_autohost:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_autohost:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_autohost:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_autohost:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_autohost:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_autohost:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_autohost:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_autohost:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_autohost:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ifsession:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ifsession:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ifsession:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ifsession:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_ifsession:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_ifsession:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_ifsession:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_ifsession:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_ifsession:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_case:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_case:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_case:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_case:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_case:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_case:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_case:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_case:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_ctrls_admin:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:proftpd-mod_sql[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libm.so.6proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libmysqlclient.so.15proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:libz.so.1proftpd-mod_sql_mysql:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_wrap_sql:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_time:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_time:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_time:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_time:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_time:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_clamav:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_clamav:clamdproftpd-mod_clamav:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_clamav:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_clamav:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_clamav:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_wrap:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_wrap:proftpd-mod_wrap_driver[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_wrap:tcp_wrappersproftpd-mod_wrap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_wrap:libattr.so.1proftpd-mod_wrap:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_wrap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_wrap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_wrap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_wrap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_wrap:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_radius:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_radius:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_radius:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_radius:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_radius:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd:pam[>= 0.59]proftpd:setup[>= 2.2.0-21mdk]proftpd:rpm-helper[*]proftpd:rpm-helper[*]proftpd:rpm-helper[*]proftpd:rpm-helper[*]proftpd:/bin/sh[*]proftpd:/bin/sh[*]proftpd:/bin/sh[*]proftpd:/bin/sh[*]proftpd:/bin/shproftpd:bashproftpd:perl-baseproftpd:libattr.so.1proftpd:libc.so.6proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd:libcrypt.so.1proftpd:libcrypt.so.1(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd:libcrypto.so.0.9.8proftpd:libdl.so.2proftpd:libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd:libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.1)proftpd:libintl.so.8proftpd:libncurses.so.5proftpd:libpam.so.0proftpd:libssl.so.0.9.8proftpd:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ban:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ban:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ban:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ban:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_ban:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_ban:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_ban:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)proftpd-mod_ban:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_ban:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:proftpd-mod_quotatab[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_quotatab_file:rtld(GNU_HASH)proftpd-mod_ldap:proftpd[== 1.3.1-0.rc3.0mdv2008.0]proftpd-mod_ldap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ldap:/bin/sh[*]proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)proftpd-mod_ldap:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4)proftpd-mod_ldap:liblber-2.3.so.0proftpd-mod_ldap:libldap-2.3.so.0proftpd-mod_ldap:rtld(GNU_HASH)gproftpd:proftpd[>= 1.2.8]gproftpd:usermode-consoleonlygproftpd:/bin/sh[*]gproftpd:/bin/sh[*]gproftpd:libatk-1.0.so.0()(64bit)gproftpd:libc.so.6()(64bit)gproftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)gproftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit)gproftpd:libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3.4)(64bit)gproftpd:libcairo.so.2()(64bit)gproftpd:libcrypt.so.1()(64bit)gproftpd:libcrypt.so.1(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)gproftpd:libdl.so.2()(64bit)gproftpd:libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0()(64bit)gproftpd:libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0()(64bit)gproftpd:libglib-2.0.so.0()(64bit)gproftpd:libgmodule-2.0.so.0()(64bit)gproftpd:libgobject-2.0.so.0()(64bit)gproftpd:libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0()(64bit)gproftpd:libm.so.6()(64bit)gproftpd:libpango-1.0.so.0()(64bit)gproftpd:libpangocairo-1.0.so.0()(64bit)gproftpd:rtld(GNU_HASH)[roger@grandpa ~]$

Wouldn't it be easier to set up a new strategy to reach the goals :There are more ways than only one leading to Rome. ;)
Hallo striker :D Thanks for your continued interest and words of wisdom B) :'( I would be happy with any safe way of achieving the desired results B) :hmm: I don't mind if it's the 'autobahn' or a 'country road' - it's just that the ftp for file sharing and then CUPS for the printer worked very well in mdv 2007. When something doesn't work - whatever it is I like to find out why and fix it - I agree sometimes this turns out to be more trouble than it's worth :D B) :( Let's hope that this ftp file sharing is fixed soon - otherwise I guess it's going to be NFS or Samba - or whatever else so long as it finishes up in 'Rome'Grogerf

Okay we will see if re-installing a few packages that are already installed will help . . . ( But Strikers idea to maybe use samba or another tool is not such a bad one either . . .B) )

# urpmi --replacepkgs libc.so.6# urpmi --replacepkgs libncurses.so.5# urpmi --replacepkgs libpam.so.0# urpmi --replacepkgs libldap-2.3.so.0# urpmi --replacepkgs libgssapi_krb5.so.2# urpmi --replacepkgs libdes425.so.3 # urpmi --replacepkgs libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0# urpmi --replacepkgs libpango-1.0.so.0

After that reinstall the proftpd again:

# urpmi --replacepkgs proftpd

And try to start the proftpd ( and hope it works this time ):

:'( Bruno

Okay we will see if re-installing a few packages that are already installed will help . . . ( But Strikers idea to maybe use samba or another tool is not such a bad one either . . .:D )
# urpmi --replacepkgs libc.so.6# urpmi --replacepkgs libncurses.so.5# urpmi --replacepkgs libpam.so.0# urpmi --replacepkgs libldap-2.3.so.0# urpmi --replacepkgs libgssapi_krb5.so.2# urpmi --replacepkgs libdes425.so.3 # urpmi --replacepkgs libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0# urpmi --replacepkgs libpango-1.0.so.0

After that reinstall the proftpd again:

# urpmi --replacepkgs proftpd

And try to start the proftpd ( and hope it works this time ):

:( Bruno

Hallo Bruno B) ,Thanks for your 'instant' reply - getting late in Amsterdam as well B) :'( We're heading into another "total fire ban" day with high winds and temperatures around 40 Celsius - so I've got to go and do a few preventative ;) measures.I'll be back later in the day (the cool of evening -- if the cool reaches here) with an update of how things went.Thanks again B) :hmm: GrogerfEdit 1Did all of the package replacements one by one, all went well.Replaced proftpd - package was replaced without difficulty. I didn't do any reconfiguration of the ftp server at all, but immediately went to :-[root@grandpa roger]# service proftpd restartStopping proftpd [FAILED]Starting proftpd [FAILED][root@grandpa roger]#Seems as if proftpd doesn't want to play any more on this machine!! What could I have done to upset it so? Edited by Grogerf

Seems as if proftpd doesn't want to play any more on this machine!! What could I have done to upset it so?
Beats me ! . . . . Have no clue what is happening . . . Ooooo . . . wait . . there is a new(er) version for 2008 64 bits: ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/2008...08.0.x86_64.rpm maybe try that one. Like this:
# urpmi ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/2008.0/x86_64/media/main/backports/proftpd-1.3.1-3mdv2008.0.x86_64.rpm

( command is ONE line ! ):thumbsup: Bruno

Beats me ! . . . . Have no clue what is happening . . . Ooooo . . . wait . . there is a new(er) version for 2008 64 bits: ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/2008...08.0.x86_64.rpm maybe try that one. Like this:
# urpmi ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/2008.0/x86_64/media/main/backports/proftpd-1.3.1-3mdv2008.0.x86_64.rpm

( command is ONE line ! ):clap2: Bruno

Hallo Bruno :worthy: ,Thanks for your reply :thumbsup: Do I have to enable fr2 as a source before doing the command?When I tried this is what happened :-[root@grandpa roger]# ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/2008.0/x86_64/media/m ain/backports/proftpd-1.3.1-3mdv2008.0.x86_64.rpmbash: ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/2008...in/backports/pr oftpd-1.3.1-3mdv2008.0.x86_64.rpm: No such file or directory[root@grandpa roger]#Looking forward to further advice :thumbsup: Grogerf

Copy the command Bruno posted (except the # at the front but including the urpmi and the space after it) and paste it in the terminal while being su'd in the terminal.Then hit enter. :thumbsup:

Copy the command Bruno posted (except the # at the front but including the urpmi and the space after it) and paste it in the terminal while being su'd in the terminal.Then hit enter. ;)
Hallo striker :D Seems I had a real 'bad hair day' yesterday - what a stupid mistake to make :wacko: :wacko: :) It worked as advertised as far as installing the new version of proftpd when I did the right thing B) Thanks for spotting my silly mistake :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D Grogerf

Yep . . . . leave out the # from the command . . . OR download the file:ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/2008...08.0.x86_64.rpmand install it with "rpm -Uhv proftpd-1.3.1-3mdv2008.0.x86_64.rpm";) Bruno
Hallo Bruno :wacko: What a silly mistake - much sillier than usual - maybe the 40 degree day didn't help :wacko: When I did the right thing your command line worked as advertised :) B) However proftpd still wouldn't re-start :D :D As before I didn't apply any configuration to the new proftpd, it's just exactly as you see from the terminal below. Should I have attempted to configure proftpd before trying to restart it?Looking forward to the light :thumbsup: :thumbsup: GrogerfHere's the result :-[root@grandpa roger]# urpmi ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/2008.0/x86_64/media/main/backports/proftpd-1.3.1-3mdv2008.0.x86_64.rpminstalling proftpd-1.3.1-3mdv2008.0.x86_64.rpm from /var/cache/urpmi/partialPreparing... ############################################# 1/1: proftpd #############################################----------------------------------------------------------------------More information on package proftpd-1.3.1-3mdv2008.0.x86_64Mandriva RPM specific notesmodules support---------------proftpd-1.3.0 now loads the modules dynamically, very few modules are compiledinto the proftpd binary. The new configuration file /etc/proftpd.conf uses a"Include /etc/proftpd.d/*.conf" statement which makes proftpd very similar tohow modules are loaded and the configuration of apache-2.x. Because of this youmay have to manually merge your old configuration into the new/etc/proftpd.conf file. This is especially true if you are using LDAP, becausethen the mod_ldap.so proftpd module will not be automatically loaded. Here is alist of the modules that are compiled as DSO's: o mod_autohost.so <- NEW o mod_ban.so <- NEW o mod_case.so <- NEW o mod_clamav.so <- NEW o mod_ctrls_admin.so <- NEW o mod_facl.so o mod_gss.so o mod_ifsession.so o mod_ldap.so o mod_load.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab_file.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab_ldap.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab_sql.so <- NEW o mod_quotatab_radius.so <- NEW o mod_radius.so o mod_ratio.so o mod_rewrite.so o mod_shaper.so <- NEW o mod_site_misc.so <- NEW o mod_sql.so <- NEW o mod_sql_mysql.so <- NEW o mod_sql_postgres.so <- NEW o mod_time.so <- NEW o mod_tls.so o mod_wrap2.so <- NEW o mod_wrap2_file.so <- NEW o mod_wrap2_sql.so <- NEWanonymous access configuration------------------------------Starting with 1.3.0-3mdv2007.1, there is no proftpd-anonymous package anymore.As it is just a configuration issue, providing a dedicated package was a bitoverkill. Samples configuration files are available among normal packagedocumentation. You may have to update your configuration manually.----------------------------------------------------------------------[root@grandpa roger]# service proftpd restartStopping proftpd [FAILED]Starting proftpd [FAILED][root@grandpa roger]#

[root@grandpa roger]# service proftpd restartStopping proftpd [FAILED]Starting proftpd [FAILED][root@grandpa roger]#
:) . . . . what ? Still not starting ?? . . . <sigh>Okay let us see:
# service lisa restart

B) Bruno

:thumbsup: . . . . what ? Still not starting ?? . . . <sigh>Okay let us see:
# service lisa restart

;) Bruno

Hallo Bruno :wacko: Thanks for your thoughts :) B) This time :D it went like this:-[root@grandpa roger]# service lisa restartStopping lisa: [ OK ]Starting lisa: [ OK ][root@grandpa roger]#I guess there could be a few more tests before the cause is found :wacko: Looking forward to the next step :thumbsup: Grogerf

Okay . . . so Lisa does start up like it should . . . this means that in case we fail the FTP you could use/try Samba . . . Anyway . . . let us do one more attempt:

# urpme proftpd

this should remove the proftpd that currently is installed . . . . please watch that it only takes down the proftpd package and no other packages.Next check if also the file /etc/rc.d/init.d/proftpd is removed by the above command ( it should ! )Once the present proftpd is removed we will download the very latest one that is in cooker:

$ wget ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/MandrakeCooker/cooker/x86_64/media/main/release/proftpd-1.3.1-6mdv2008.1.x86_64.rpm

This command issued as user will download the proftpd-1.3.1-6mdv2008.1.x86_64.rpm package to your /home . . . next we will install it:

# rpm -ihv proftpd-1.3.1-6mdv2008.1.x86_64.rpm

( please show the output of this command on the forum )Next you try again, the now well-known command:

:) Bruno