Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

On 1/12/2021 at 3:18 PM, securitybreach said:

Rebuild? What is that?

Well first of all you have to try out tons of obscure programs over an extended period of time. Experiment with hundreds of esoterik tweaks and customisations without really knowing what you are doing. Attempt a fair few successful rescues when you have fiddled to much and finally throw in the towel when a rescue is not even remotely possible. Usually a good thing as by then your os is so bogged down with left over crud from lousy uninstallers and forgotten changed config files that it hardly functions. 😜

iayOdx8.png

This is my icewm set up I am using on my fresh Arch install until I can figure out how to install Window Maker 😎

• Like 1

securitybreach
2 minutes ago, abarbarian said:

Well first of all you have to try out tons of obscure programs over an extended period of time. Experiment with hundreds of esoterik tweaks and customisations without really knowing what you are doing. Attempt a fair few successful rescues when you have fiddled to much and finally throw in the towel when a rescue is not even remotely possible. Usually a good thing as by then your os is so bogged down with left over crud from lousy uninstallers and forgotten changed config files that it hardly functions.

Yup and that is how we learn.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 9:58 AM, abarbarian said:

Yer just mesmerised by the coffee beans 😂

Whole bean, FTW. Except for some days when I'm feeling too lazy to grind 'em. I guess that's being pretty dang lazy!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
securitybreach
23 minutes ago, raymac46 said:

Debian Bullseye running GNOME3 and wallpaper is Gun Hill Barbados in March 2018.

Screenshot-from-2021-03-23-16-41-08.png

Nice wallpaper. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, raymac46 said:

Window Maker on Debian bullseye.

windowMaker.jpg

Luverly crisp and clean compared with your Maegia desktop. 😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abarbarian said:

Wallpaper is neat. 😎

That is Ponta Delgada in the Azores - 2013. No trips like that on the agenda these days. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Your desktop with the coffee beans looks like the lock screen on my phone! My mouse mat for years has been coffee beans.

V.T. Eric Layton

I just noticed some odd board software behavior...

When I click on @wa4chq's desktop pic above, numerous images load, also. I can click the < > on the sides of the first image to see other images in the last few posts of this topic. I've never seen it do this here before. Anyone else seeing this?

On a Mac with Vivaldi browser only the main image displays with a closing X in the upper right, using Chrome I see the same thing.

Using Safari I can also click the < > on the sides of the first image to see other images in the last few posts of the topic.

On Linux Mint: I can also click the < > on the sides of the first image to see other images in the last few posts of the topic while using Vivaldi.

• Agree 1

securitybreach
5 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I just noticed some odd board software behavior...

When I click on @wa4chq's desktop pic above, numerous images load, also. I can click the < > on the sides of the first image to see other images in the last few posts of this topic. I've never seen it do this here before. Anyone else seeing this?

Yeah, I see the same thing

• Agree 1

When I close my browser, I just see the desktop...  lol  Eric, can you do a screenshot?  I'm really not sure what you mean.  Do you think it is something on this end causing it? 

Edited by wa4chq
  • Thanks 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Nope. It's definitely not anything on your end, Neil. I can see the same issue on the screenshot that Ray posted above here.

H3LL, for all I know, it's done this all along. I'm not very observant these days.