Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• V.T. Eric Layton

• abarbarian

• ichase

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I like mine better than the default. Sunrise photo I took at Ninh Phuoc beach, Vietnam a few years ago.  

Posted Images

V.T. Eric Layton

I don't normally go for dark themes. I like them, but have a hard time seeing well when using them. That being said, I think this one is pretty cool. I liked the wallpaper, so I had to have the appropriate dark theme to go with it.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't have a spiffy, gorgeous desktop with plain ol' Slack/Xfce.

;)

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
  • Like 1
securitybreach

BTW if you noticed on the top right on the screenshot where it says

[sudo] password for comhack:

Please touch the device.

I have 2 factor authentication for my sudo password using a yubikey. Basically you plug the yubikey into a usb port and when you touch it. the key generates a one time password as a 2nd form of authentication. If you lose the key, you have to jump through some major hoops to get Yubikey to give you access to a reset code and even then, the key will not be any good. I use it for a few different things and it is nice and flat so you can just leave it in your wallet so its always handy..

A buddy of mine made this tutorial walking you through setting up Archlinux with a u2f device like the Yubikey: https://blog.jamesth...-and-u2f-login/

• Like 1
abarbarian

BTW if you noticed on the top right on the screenshot where it says

[sudo] password for comhack:

Please touch the device.

I have 2 factor authentication for my sudo password using a yubikey. Basically you plug the yubikey into a usb port and when you touch it. the key generates a one time password as a 2nd form of authentication. If you lose the key, you have to jump through some major hoops to get Yubikey to give you access to a reset code and even then, the key will not be any good. I use it for a few different things and it is nice and flat so you can just leave it in your wallet so its always handy..

A buddy of mine made this tutorial walking you through setting up Archlinux with a u2f device like the Yubikey: https://blog.jamesth...-and-u2f-login/

Thanks for the linky. Is your Yubikey just a U2F one ? :breakfast:

abarbarian

Thanks for the linky. Is your Yubikey just a U2F one ? :breakfast:

All of the Yubi keys are U2F along with other types: https://www.yubico.c...bikey-hardware/.

I have the Yubikey 4 and that one does not include NFC but I figured that it would be even more secure without NFC enabled anyway.

Ah right I thought you would have the more versatile version. They are bringing out a USB-C version next month. If I have any spare cash I might buy a couple along with a adapter for when I travel.

Have you seen this rival

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1048259057/openkey-the-two-factor-authentication-and-password/description

They could do with a case but otherwise it seems a neat alternative. :breakfast:

• Like 1
securitybreach

I may end up buying the new USB-C Yubikey as well when it comes out. I have been using my Yubikey 4 for over a year and I absolutely love it. Even moreso now that I have it set as 2 factor authentication for my main computer.

securitybreach

So if you buy the USB-C will you be able to copy over all the info from your present key so you have two keys set up the same ? :breakfast:

No, you cannot copy anything from the yubikey. I would just have to set up a new one.

• Like 1
abarbarian

YFyqByP.png

MX-16 torrent placed on usb from MX-15 then used MX-16 live to install. Piece of cake an I still have MX-15 on the ssd just in case. :clap:

• Like 5
abarbarian

I posted that on MX forum. Someone suggested it as a candidate for MX-17 default wallpaper! :)

Bask in the limelight while it lasts :clap:

• 1 month later...