Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

securitybreach
Yeah, I've reverted to my minimal desktop days. No more SuperKaramba screenlets or gkrellm stuff these days. :thumbsup:
I like the minimalistic approach, of course you already know that.Thanks
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• V.T. Eric Layton

• abarbarian

• ichase

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

I like mine better than the default. Sunrise photo I took at Ninh Phuoc beach, Vietnam a few years ago.  

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

We just have to keep batting the "colorful" and "techy" back and forth. It's become a tradition in this thread. :hysterical:

securitybreach

My newest one: e1907d59789762.gifIts weird that the info script does not show the correct font, I might have to look at it. I use droid-ttf fonts not sans font as shown in the ~/.Xdefaults on the left side.Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

That is pretty cool looking... and techy. ;)Oh, and just when the coversation with cubi was getting good, you started redacting the lines. :hysterical:

Cool SB! and techy. I admit I'm a sucker for pretty. Cool colours and translucency etc. I like the last few lines in the Arch IRC channel - "So sydney's not so great now?..........I wish I lived in Melbourne :( " So do I. Oh wait, I do! :thumbsup: :)

securitybreach
Cool SB! and techy. I admit I'm a sucker for pretty. Cool colours and translucency etc. I like the last few lines in the Arch IRC channel - "So sydney's not so great now?..........I wish I lived in Melbourne :( " So do I. Oh wait, I do! :thumbsup: :)
Thanks. The wallpaper is actually from a set of 3 wallpapers. Get em here: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=75664 As far as the colors and transparency, I use urxvt (rxvt-unicode-256) terminal with a custom colorset. My configuration is on the left side of the shot next to the irc terminal and also in my sig.As far as Australia, I would love to visit or move to Australia, I bet it is awesome. Although, the telcoms are doing some things I do not agree with there but everywhere has its ups and downs : http://www.efa.org.au/Issues/Censor/cens1.html Thanks
V.T. Eric Layton

My brother vacationed in Australia and New Zealand a few years ago. He said it was absolutely awesome. He brought me back a boomerang. :thumbsup:

securitybreach
My brother vacationed in Australia and New Zealand a few years ago. He said it was absolutely awesome. He brought me back a boomerang. :)
Cool!! I wish I had one :thumbsup: Have you had a chance to go out and play with it.Thanks

The internet censorship has been a storm in a teacup. Sure they can order you to take down really bad content, but I think many countries do that. Several ISPs (I think 3) did voluntary testing of the Internet Filter scheme but dropped it really quickly as unworkable. A list of filtered sites was leaked much to Govt dismay.I sometimes go to a park with some friends and fly a plastic boomerang and frisbees. Lotsa fun! :thumbsup: :( B) PS. It's a perfect 28C in Melbourne today. :) Don't mention tomorrow's forecast though (39 :o )

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh, no! It's a beautifully crafted piece of art on its own stand. I wouldn't even dream of throwing it around.

securitybreach
Oh, no! It's a beautifully crafted piece of art on its own stand. I wouldn't even dream of throwing it around.
Did not think of that. Honestly I would not throw it either but it is definetly cool.Thanks
securitybreach

Wow!!! :thumbsup: :) :( I can understand why you would not throw it. Was it made by the aborigine? That is really cool. Definetly a prized posession.Thanks

V.T. Eric Layton

I haven't a clue. It's probably some "made in china" knock off tourist crap, but it's really well made and looks hand painted.