Can't boot into anything

SueD

One tiny, teensy, little thing. I can't install the video driver in X. I know how to get to runlevel 3 in Slackware but I can't seem to do it in Mandriva. Is it different with grub?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SueD

• Bruno

• V.T. Eric Layton

• striker

Hi SueRemember the one second delay we set in Grub ? In Mandriva-Spring Grub has a graphical menu where you can press F2 ( during that one second ) to edit boot options . . . you will see a cursor at the end of the line below the bootmenu, simply add the number 3 and press the Enter key to boot in runlevel 3. ( for non-graphical grub see: here )Or you can after a "normal boot" give the command "init 3" and you will be dropped to runlevel 3.:whistling: Bruno

Now hopefully hubby will like Mandriva.
I am sure you have plenty persuasion power to make him like it :DWould it help telling him that Mandriva is one of my favorites ?B) Bruno

I am sure you have plenty persuasion power to make him like it :DWould it help telling him that Mandriva is one of my favorites ?B) Bruno
I dunno. Slack's my favourite but that doesn't impress him. B) He seems happy with it. He likes the eye candy that the vid card provides (which could be one reason why he doesn't like Slack), he likes that I've left the icons and panel on the desktop making it easy for him to find things. and he likes that I've added those silly games he likes so much (I don't have any of them in Slack.LOL). He's happy, I'm happy. :thumbsdown:

V.T. Eric Layton

Need to get him his own computer. He can run Winduhs. B)

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

Need to get him his own computer. He can run Winduhs. B)
I still have that other OS on here (it's storing pictures). He's not allowed to touch it.LOLSometimes he'll pull out my laptop and play on that but it's so much slower than the desktop. Maybe I should get the new desktop and let him have this one.LOL

Excellent choice! B)
Thank you! I was feeling a little under dressed here all these months. Now I've got an avatar just like yous all! B)

;) Looks good !
Cute, isn't it? I had thought of using a pic of my kitty but I was afraid my dog and rabbit would get jealous. :D

Rabbit, cat, dog... isn't that kinda like... dunno... food chain... or... "Paper Scissors Stone"? :D
Nah, just a mini zoo. All I'm missing is a moose (sorry, inside joke that no one here would understand. ;) )

Nah, just a mini zoo. All I'm missing is a moose (sorry, inside joke that no one here would understand. :D )
moose - large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male; called elk in Europe and moose in North America. ;)