SonicDragon
an entire world beyond the confines of the computer desk.
A what? No, those are only in fairy tails silly :D
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• GolfProRM

• Bruno

Top Posters In This Topic

Temmu
Natural light...fresh air...soil...trees...wombats
what is this light? fresh air? as in air freshener? soil, trees and wombats i've seen in fps games, of course.
Cluttermagnet
Wow...a whole week of just chillin' alone here in the Tiki Lounge.  Guess everybody else is either on vacation or busy at work (or trying to get their modem to work under Linux  ;) ). It's all cool.  We all need a break now and then.  And there is, I have recently discovered, an entire world beyond the confines of the computer desk.  Natural light...fresh air...soil...trees...wombats.  All kinds of nifty stuff to explore and enjoy.OK, I sold me!  I'm outta here.  B)
Aw, don't worry about it, Jeber- it's probably not you, I think it might be me. I hold the North American speed record for clearing out a room. I just start talking or typing and...Hey! Where did everybody go?! I think they also might be a little restless because they still want to talk about the aliens but they're not sure if that is still in good form or not, ever since QOMOMI left the building.Hey- that's cool about welcoming all dudes and dudettes, but I happen to know a distinguished dude-ess I'd like to bring by and introduce some time, if it's OK. After all, we already let geeks and bozos and even the occasional dork in here, so what harm could there be? (No, she doesn't speak with a Zsa-Zsa Gabor accent, dahling!). ;) I also recommend adjusting the start of happy hour to 11AM to accomodate the more serious summer researchers. I'm taking a break myself right now, but don't get between me and the expresso bar! (where d'ya think all those run-on sentences come from, anyway?) :lol:Oh, that fresh air thing? I've been picking raspberries around our yard all last week. Yum! Season's over now. And I transplanted another little holly from the back yard to a more prominent spot out front. Putting in some of the more hardy local flora which should be less tempting to the deer herd in the neighborhood next winter. Bambi and friends stripped some of our evergreens last winter. Gee, those guys will eat almost anything- except holly. I had to fight 'em for the raspberries. ;) One last thought for the wary- best to pick your fights, so in that spirit...
"What to do if an alien appears:One! Drop beneath the seat of your plane, and look away!Two! Avoid eye contact!Three! If there are no eyes, avoid _all_ contact!"
(Thanks Firesign Theatre)
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait, wait, wait...stop with the wailing and gnashing of teeth. I'm not abandoning the lounge. I just felt we've got too many topics "stickied" in here, and it was time to thin it out a little. Cluttermagnet's story will go on, perhaps in a new home, but only if he wishes to continue it. It will be up to you to, like BoardFlak, let Cluttermagnet know you want more installments.Meanwhile, the lounge will either sink or swim on it's own merits. And more weirdness is sure to be on the way. Stay tuned. :lol:

Meanwhile, the lounge will either sink or swim on it's own merits. And more weirdness is sure to be on the way. Stay tuned.
Okay, I am sitting here, whacking this tuning fork like crazy, and I think my ears may just start bleeding any moment. NOW what?

You'd better be getting an E# or we're all in trouble. That's the only safe tone, the tone this thread is tuned to. I'm willing to bet the bleeding in your ears is being caused by the thread having gotten out of tune. I hate it when that happens. Well, stop before you get brain damage...and I'll start retuning the sucker. I suppose the beat's off too. :thumbsup:

E#? Well...no wonder...wrong tuning fork. That's better. I think I was causing harmonic amplification.Now, if ClutterMagnet doesn't kill me when he sees the addition I made in Further Tales Of The Tiki Lounge, life will be just peachy. :whistling: