Install software

irvdk

How do you know what the executable is as they don't end in .exe?
;) . . . I put my nose very close to the screen . . and I smell it ;) . . . . B) :w00t: No . . seriously . . . . I just had to know where the "general" tb directory was installed, because I knew that the executable was just called "thunderbird" ( in a directory called thunderbird )On some systems they install in /usr/lib / in some in /opt/lib . . but then they make a link to the executable in /usr/bin . . . . since that was not the case I had to make you do a search to see where all the files were installed . . . once that was clear I had to look for /thunderbird/thunderbird ( or alternatively /mozilla-thunderbird/thunderbird ;)Here is a nice command for you:
# file -i /home/irv/thunderbird/thunderbird

And it will show what kind of file it is ;)Read here ;)B) Bruno

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• irvdk

• Bruno

• Urmas

• burninbush

Top Posters In This Topic

B) . . . I put my nose very close to the screen . . and I smell it B) . . . . :w00t: ;) No . . seriously . . . . I just had to know where the "general" tb directory was installed, because I knew that the executable was just called "thunderbird" ( in a directory called thunderbird )On some systems they install in /usr/lib / in some in /opt/lib . . but then they make a link to the executable in /usr/bin . . . . since that was not the case I had to make you do a search to see where all the files were installed . . . once that was clear I had to look for /thunderbird/thunderbird ( or alternatively /mozilla-thunderbird/thunderbird ;)Here is a nice command for you:
# file -i /home/irv/thunderbird/thunderbird

And it will show what kind of file it is ;)Read here ;)B) Bruno

"I put my nose very close to the screen . . and I smell it ;)" ;) Thanks for the help..Time for dinner...later