Mandrake Updates and URPMI´s

teacher

Guess what. When I go to my menu, networking, www, and click on Mozilla it takes me to the copy of firebird that is in the usr/local/bin. When I click on Firebird it takes me to the copy in home. When I look at the script in kwrite it appears to be just mozilla. Maybe I have upgraded mine and you have not? Anyway both are set up the same way and both do the same thing. There is some issue as to whether or not it is buggy as of late. Mine says .6 rv 1.4b. I looked and looked and can't find a plain mozilla.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• teacher

• quint

• GolfProRM

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a little trick Julia:Go to mail in the menu and start Mozilla Messenger, then as the messenger is up click the M in the left corner under ( below/down ) that will start the normal Mozilla !!B) Bruno* always good for a little trick* guess you messed up the menu with adding Firebird a while back . .

Now it works in Galeon and in Mozilla. Still no Firebird. You are a rather persistent bird you know! Thanks.

Quint thank you for jumping in here !She just wants to be flashy . . . . and causes all kind of meham in the process !! I told her to throw out that old Firebird and get the new one, but would you think she listens to me . . ?Hope she takes your advice and gets that new Firebird . . !B) Bruno

Julia,Here is the latest version of Mozilla (not MozillaFirebird):Mozilla 1.4 rc2Here is MozillaFirebird 0.6 build 051603:Firebird 0.6Hope this is what you need. B)
That is the version of Firebird I am using. Somehow I believe Bruno would shoot me if I started changing versions of mozilla now. What do you think? If I do, I don't think I would let him know.

You did add Firebird to the menu, didn´t you Julia ?? And did that go in one time or did you encounter all kind of problems . . . . . . knowing me, knowing you . . . B) Bruno

Somehow I believe Bruno would shoot me if I started changing versions of mozilla now. What do you think? If I do, I don't think I would let him know.
I told you to get a new Firebird !! You don´t use Mozilla anyway !B) Bruno

Oh I have added it to the menu at one time or another. I have also gone in menuDrake a time or two and added and dumped things. Like I did not have the Mozilla Messenger because I dumped all the messengers off the menu, but I did have the address book. I had not gotten around to dumping that one yet. Knowing you, knowing me? I know what it is. You have installed a file on my computer to track all my movements and everything I do so you can fix what I have done. B) Kind of like at school where I go through my directories and switch over to the student directories to compare what they turn in with what they saved (particulary when I know someone cheated). Didn't know you had done that to my computer. Pretty slick penguin!

Quint thank you for jumping in here !She just wants to be flashy . . . . and causes all kind of meham in the process !! I told her to throw out that old Firebird and get the new one, but would you think she listens to me . . ?Hope she takes your advice and gets that new Firebird . . !:lol: Bruno
Well, she is a flashy dresser. :lol: But I must humbly disagree on getting rid of Firebird. :lol: The build: 060303 is, so far, error-free. :) Quick, affords the most monitor real-estate, no problems with "flash", java, neptune, or any plug-in I've tried; but, then again, I'm just now trying out Galeon - so will have to give it a fair chance. :blink: Boy do I love this stuff. B)

Have to keep a close eye on my curly girl !!Open a console and type: ¨mozilla¨ and hit enter ! We don´t need the menu . . . B) Bruno

But I must humbly disagree on getting rid of Firebird.
Quint, I only told her to get rid of the old one she messed up and get e new FRESH one . . . sure if she likes Firebird she should have one !B) Bruno

That does work. By the way, I have redownloaded the latest version. Don't know if I am going to dig up how to install the darn thing. I also am downloading the latest Mozilla. I will at leat hve them on my computer. B)

That does work.  By the way, I have redownloaded the latest version.  Don't know if I am going to dig up how to install the darn thing.  I also am downloading the latest Mozilla.  I will at leat hve them on my computer. B)
First throw out ALL the old verions Julia ! Before we get all kind of conflicts . . . . Firebird does not need installing, just unpack and move it on it´s place and make a link on your desktop to /usr/local/bin/MozillaFirebird/MozillaFirebird ! :) Bruno

But I must humbly disagree on getting rid of Firebird.
Quint, I only told her to get rid of the old one she messed up and get e new FRESH one . . . sure if she likes Firebird she should have one !:blink: Bruno
Sorry, I misunderstood. B) Must say, Galeon has some nice features...just wish you could put everything in one line, like I do in Firebird. :)

.just wish you could put everything in one line, like I do in Firebird. B)
???? don´t get what you mean by that Quint !:) Bruno

I downloaded and installed a new copy of firebird. When I did so, I told it to overwrite, rather than skip files. I then went to a site with a flash file on it. When it came up, it asked what to do. I think I picked the wrong one of the two files that went into the plugin folder because it does something, but it does not open it. I will go try to do it over again and see if I can get it right.I didn't want to reset up everything, but you should feel honored penguin, since I did it just to please you! B)

.just wish you could put everything in one line, like I do in Firebird. :)
???? don´t get what you mean by that Quint !:blink: Bruno
Bruno,My heads gone today. B) Meant the title bar, search, etc., like this picture:FSLO-1055437753-207749.jpg

Geee Quint, never knew you could do that with Firebird . . . ! Nice feature . . . Nice skin too Quint, I do like that one too !F11 is the most you can do in Galeon ! B) Bruno

I downloaded and installed a new copy of firebird.  When I did so, I told it to overwrite, rather than skip files.
I told you to get rid of the old Firebird versions you have first ! ( export bookmarks, so you can import them later ) Overwriting takes the settings of the old one . . so there is no gain in overwriting. ( delete the .hidden one in /home/julia too !! )B) Bruno

Geee Quint, never knew you could do that with Firebird . . . ! Nice feature . . . F11 is the most you can do in Galeon ! B) Bruno
I think I ought to just give up today. :) Never knew you could "F11" Galeon...thought that was a IE thing; this will change my perspective on the Galeon browser, thanks very much. :lol: As a mechanic, I always looked for the obvious first...will apply that to Linux now, also. :blink:

Bruno quote:

Nice skin too Quint, I do like that one too !
It's fairly new (for Firebird), called: SkyPilot. Wasn't that by Eric Burdon / Animals? :lol:

Another nice tip for Galeon Quint: rightclick on the refresh button and see all the options you get :lol: !! ( Normal reload, Bypass Cache, Bypass Proxy, Bypass Cache and Proxy, Reload All Tabs in this Window, Reload All Tabs in All Windows ) This is why I like Galeon . . . . :P Bruno

So deleting the old one ( also the hidden file in /home/julia ) did the trick after all ? Good job Julia !Another A !!:lol: Bruno* Just tell us when you´re ready for the next lesson . .

Another nice tip for Galeon Quint: rightclick on the refresh button and see all the options you get :lol: !! ( Normal reload, Bypass Cache, Bypass Proxy, Bypass Cache and Proxy, Reload All Tabs in this Window, Reload All Tabs in All Windows ) This is why I like Galeon . . . . B) Bruno
All I can say to that is WOW! :D Don't know of any other browser that does that...thanks for the tip. :P

Julia quote:

Persistence pays off. It works now! I can look at flash files in Firebird.
Excellent, Julia...keep that cap / gown handy. :lol:

I am playing around with Galeon today. You can right click in a whole lof of different places and come up with a wide variety of options. I can see I will be playing with Galeon for a while now. It does seem to show up as a better text size for me than Firebird. I don't know why but I always had to keep incrasing the size in Firebird despite telling it to use a default of 16. I even changed screen resolutions but that did not help it either. What does the Master Penguin have in store for today?