• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kamicota

• ross549

• teacher

• havnblast

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, revised plan.1. Get partitions setup.2. Install PCLos.3. Install SuSE with bootloader on it's own partition, and then add it to the PCLos LILO.Basically, we will be doing the same thing as before, but this time, hopefully, we will not get the error. :hysterical:

Righty HoWill HAVE to download PCLos in WindowsBut if you sant to set up the partiotns with the partitions in the Control Center lets go for it if you have timeColin :hysterical:

Yeah, you should be able to do that yourself. Just create a partition for each of the distros, plus seperate ones for /home, if you want, but do not forget the swap partition.Make all the partitions reiserfs.Can you do that after rebooting and going back into PCLos live?

Thought I was just going to make three partionsOne for Suse One for PCLosand one for swapThought the install would do the /homeColinRebooting PCLos Live nowColin

Yes, your /home can be in the main partition. I did not know if you wanted the /home to be on a seperate partition or not. This is a 40GB drive, right?Adam

Yep AdamA 4G driveWas looking at something liike 23 or 24G for Suse 1G for swap and the rest 14 or 15G for PCLosColinBut am open to sugestionsAnd I AM back in PCLos Live

Edited by kamicota

OK I have ameeting that will last a few hours coming up in a few minutes.Here is your assignment:1. create the new partitions. REBOOT to verify they have stuck. Make sure that the swap is set to the swap type. make sure they are formmated reiser fs2. Once that is done, give me the output from

# fdisk -l

so I can verify that everything went as planned.3. Get PCLos 9.1 downloaded.http://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/tex...nglish/preview/

Take your time! No need to rush... it will be a few hours before I am back.Get the PCLos disc burned too, and test it on the system. make sure there are no issues. ;)Be back later!

OOPS[guest@localhost guest]$ suPassword:[root@localhost guest]# fdisk -lDisk /dev/hda: 41.1 GB, 41110142976 bytes255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 4998 cylindersUnits = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System/dev/hda1 * 1 2186 17559013+ 83 Linux/dev/hda2 2187 4998 22587390 5 Extended/dev/hda5 2187 2322 1092388+ 82 Linux swap/dev/hda6 2323 4998 21494938+ 83 Linux[root@localhost guest]#Colin

JuliaI have tried sveral ways with Nero and also with magic Iso but no successThoughts right now have a distres call out to a friend to burn it for me from his system and alsoWould or can Install Suse first and download and burn PCLos 91 from there but seems as if possibly PCLos has to be installed firstColin just a LITTLE :'( but still trying

Colin, you can go into Nero (not Nero Express), cancel out of the wizard, and go to Recorder -> burn image to get to the part where you burn the ISO. You should then be able to navigate to the ISO, and burn it.

AdamAlI have is Nero Express and it has really being playing up.Right Now I am in Suse 9.3 om hda 6 with lilo in mbrPClos 9.1 is just about downloaded and then will be burned And If i have to delete Suse and go back with PCLOs on hda6 then so be itThought PCLos may be able to be oput on the last 20G hda but if not then it will be off with Suse & on with PCLosIf that doesn't confuse I don't know what will :'( as thats the way i seem to be right now :blink: Right time to burn PClos nowCheers for yearsColin :'(

You can do that, and you would have to try a lot harder to confuse me! :DMake sure you run "livecd mediacheck" at the boot prompt the first time, to make sure the PCLos CD is good. :'(

Thanks AdamI appreciate your understandingNever have done Media check in PCLos though and where do I put PClos Lilo in the hard partition or MBRColin :'(

Put the PCLos LILO in the partition on which it will be installed. We will then link the SuSE LILO to the PCLos one.

other=/dev/hda6label="PCLos"

The above assumes SuSE is on hda6 and PCLos is on hda1, and that you are editing lilo which is residing on the MBR. If you run into any problems, STOP and ask before proceding! Better to clarify something than to have to waste a bunch of time reinstalling, eh? :'(

Edited by ross549

the stuff in the code block is what you would need to put into SuSE's lilo after installing PCLOS and putting its lilo on the PCLOs partition, which I assume to be hda1.

Well, if you install the LILO to the MBR, you will be able to boot into it. However, I DO NOT recommend it!Install PCLos and install LILO to hda6. When that is done simply add the above lies to LILO in SuSE, and you will be set to go! ;)You can do it! I know you can! :'(

Yes AdamI AM sorry :'( I UNDERSTOOD that PCLos Lilo goes into it's partition hda6The actual adjustments afterwards were a little above this frazzle brain right now :blink: So time to start the Instal???any last words of encouragementColin