Flowers !!!

abarbarian

17bf4442a59fad6dc8a30df19e5d4864c.jpg

22d3eab9176ac2114bb283e573b3fff96.jpg

I bought these two pots ten years ago,they cost me almost a whole weeks living loot, and I have grown lilies in them every year. The last three years I did not look after them. So this year I planted out the remaining lilies in the garden and decided to plant up the pots with something new.

There are seven plants in each pot and each plant cost £1. So for £14 I have two large pots of flowers which should give me masses of flowers well into the autumn. Not a bad bang for me buck methinks.

I'll post pictures as the plants grow. There is one poorly looking petunia, I am keeping me fingers crossed it will recover.

:breakfast:

Hope all you folks will post pictures of plants you have grown too.

• Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

Sorry. Black thumb here. I can only manage oak trees, an occasional sweet gum tree, and weeds.

Sorry. Black thumb here. I can only manage oak trees, an occasional sweet gum tree, and weeds.

Weeds need love too, ya know. :P

Adam

• Like 2

Weeds need love too, ya know. :P

Adam

Miss Marple (Agatha Christie's spinster detective) said that "weeds are just plants growing in a place where you don't want them". Edited by ebrke
  • Like 2

Cluttermagnet

Nice! I'll try to find time this year to get a few photos. Betty has a tradition of doing up a number of planters on her spacious deck. In recent years, I have taken over that job for her. It's very colorful this year. We always do New Guinea Impatiens, which are shade tolerant and flower enthusiastically the entire season. This year we also ended up adding a little Coleus and some Caladiums.

• Like 2

We always do New Guinea Impatiens, which are shade tolerant and flower enthusiastically the entire season. This year we also ended up adding a little Coleus and some Caladiums.

Sounds really attractive and colorful.

Nice! I'll try to find time this year to get a few photos. Betty has a tradition of doing up a number of planters on her spacious deck. In recent years, I have taken over that job for her. It's very colorful this year. We always do New Guinea Impatiens, which are shade tolerant and flower enthusiastically the entire season. This year we also ended up adding a little Coleus and some Caladiums.

I knew the Impatiens but had to look up Coleus and Caladiums.Thems some crazy looking plants. I wonder if I can grow them over here ? Might be a touch cold to grow them outdoors where I am int' mountains. plante-carnivore.gif

Guest LilBambi

There are a lot of yummy recipes using edible flowers!

I started putting some up on:

www.BeautifulEdibleFlowers.com

If any of you have some recipes and or stories of edible flowers, join the fun!

It is a new site that can really use some others to join in :yes:

Neat site Fran. I tried to leave a comment but something went wrong and my connection is like dial up at the moment so I gave up. :breakfast:

Guest LilBambi

Only vegetable peas flowers are apparently edible ... not sweatpeas ... learn something new every day.

Pea - Pisum sativum

Flowers are slightly sweet and, surprisingly enough, taste like young peas. Delicious added to salads. Use candied flowers to decorate fish dishes or cakes. The shoots and vine tendrils are also edible and have the same delicate, pea-like flavour.

Only vegetable pea flowers can be eaten, not sweet pea flowers which are toxic.

http://www.thompson-.../edible-flowers

First sweetpeas of the season, the kitchen smells luverly.

timgp3276.jpg

:breakfast:

You know, I've read about Sweet Peas but I'm not sure I've ever actually seen them. Wonderful color!

There will be more colours later on and these are pretty much bog standard sweetpeas. I have grown the frilly ones and double ones and the ones on really long stems and the very old english ones that do not look much but smell divine.

I'll send you a packet of seeds if you like. Prices range from about £3 to £6. :breakfast:

Wonderful color!

They are beautifully colored flowers!

Typical for my garden this year it has a mind of its own. Purple is not one of my favourite colours an as you can see there is just one lonely white pea flower swamped by purple. An it looks like there are more purple than any other coming long outside too. There is a lonely red one though.

:shrug:

There will be more colours later on and these are pretty much bog standard sweetpeas. I have grown the frilly ones and double ones and the ones on really long stems and the very old english ones that do not look much but smell divine.

I'll send you a packet of seeds if you like. Prices range from about £3 to £6. :breakfast:

Unfortunately, seeds are out for me. Almost anything in my yard is a midnight snack for the deer. I cover my hostas with garden net, but I've just lost parts of two hostas where something (deer, groundhog, who knows) got under the net and moved it. I'll just enjoy the pictures of your sweetpeas!

There is a low range sonic device that will keep small animals etc. outside your perimeter. It might be handy to have one on a time switch.

But if there is a dog or cat in residence they will not be happy

Lion poop also works . Friendly zoologist or a passing circus.