Forum Software Updates

Will

V.T. Eric Layton
19 hours ago, Will Watts said:

20 years (so far) is pretty good longevity for a forum.

Yessirree... that's true. My Cabin In the Woods forum at Proboards is:

> 19 years, 1 months, and 0 days old

gELil7g.png

There's not a lot of activity there these days, either. Three or four of the old members still check in regularly, though. It was a bustling little forum back in the day before RectalBook & Snitter came online.

19 hours ago, Will Watts said:

Both SNL and Sysnative.com will be around for as long as I'm able to host them.

Same for my Cabin In the Woods, I s'pose.

18 hours ago, sunrat said:

Edit - it may have been blocked by PrivacyBadger

Yeah, I've noticed that with Firefox, occasionally. I have my browser on the highest security settings and use an adblocker and other extensions. Sometimes, on some sites, it do get buggy. For a while here, I was having issues with my browser's custom useragent causing problems. I fixed that, though. My useragent in FF currently -> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Slackware Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/119.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

We've now carried out backend server upgrades and a forum software update to bring us to the latest version of Invision Software. This version some minor improvements, as well as some maintenance fixes.

Please let us know in this thread if you run into any issues.

• Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

Thank you, @Will. We're not the busiest forum online these days, and we're sure as H3LL not making a pile of $ for you, but this place means something to the few of us left around here... and we DO appreciate you keeping it up and running and accessible for us. :)

• Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah... I'm a tad inebriated, and haven't had a drink in over 35 days, but that doesn't mean I'm not being sincere above.

• Like 3

securitybreach
17 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Thank you, @Will. We're not the busiest forum online these days, and we're sure as H3LL not making a pile of $ for you, but this place means something to the few of us left around here... and we DO appreciate you keeping it up and running and accessible for us. :)

Agreed, it is a special place to a lot of us even if we dont get the traffic like we used to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, securitybreach said:

Agreed, it is a special place to a lot of us even if we dont get the traffic like we used to.

I also agree. Having been a member here for over 20 years, I consider it one of my online homes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

and we're sure as H3LL not making a pile of $ for you

You guys just don't know about my secret deal with the Saudi princes. 🤯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • +1 1

securitybreach
4 minutes ago, Will said:

You guys just don't know about my secret deal with the Saudi princes. 🤯

Well in that case, do they need some IT help?? I am a pretty good shot too ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

I've been bouncing around this forum since Urmas dragged me over here in 2006. So, what's that? Eighteen years? DAYUM! Time flies!

• Like 2

securitybreach

13-14 years since Bruno made me admin. It was the year before he passed or maybe months before, don't remember.

V.T. Eric Layton

H3LL... I don't even remember how I got looped into this Admin gig. I would have voted myself Least Likely to Be An Admin At Scot's. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

We've now carried out backend server upgrades and a forum software update to bring us to the latest version of Invision Software. This version some theme updates, minor improvements, as well as some maintenance fixes.

Please let us know in this thread if you run into any issues.

FYI - some theme settings may still need to be tweaked, so please let me know if anything looks odd or incorrect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

securitybreach

Excellent, I figured that you were updating earlier. Thanks chief

• Like 1

Hi all,

In addition to our software update... we've also carried out a full server transition today! This is aimed at improving site uptime and reliability, and making future updates easier.

Please let us know if you run into any issues!

• Like 3

Just now, crp said:

Things seem fine, maybe there is more white space?

There is slightly - some of the headings are now white, rather than grey, and a few parts of the site are slightly wider as well.

Anyone else having a problem in going to a second page of search results?

I get an error message when I click on another page that I need to wait before making another search.

(trying to find the posts about the new owner Will taking ownership.)

On 3/31/2024 at 7:38 PM, crp said:

I get an error message when I click on another page that I need to wait before making another search.

Very weird - I'll try and look into it more on the weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is the chevron carat image.png.8cd2479b2e1e8e1f15e6f580f71797d0.png when you go down a few pages a new thing? 

it brings one all the way to the top of the page.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crp said:

Is the chevron carat image.png.8cd2479b2e1e8e1f15e6f580f71797d0.png when you go down a few pages a new thing? 

it brings one all the way to the top of the page.

Been around a little while - although it only appears if you scroll down far enough, so won’t show up most the time for users.

• Like 2