Forum Software Updates

Will

....and another update released shortly after. 😀

We've now carried out backend server upgrades and a forum software update to bring us to the latest version of Invision Software. This version focuses on maintenance fixes.

Please let us know in this thread if you run into any issues.

• Thanks 2

On 1/14/2023 at 9:54 AM, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I'm beginning to think that Invision spurts out more upgrades than Firefox does. ;)

I was a little late with the December one. 😀

I normally wait a few weeks anyway, as sometimes they get security patches within the first 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

We've now carried out backend server upgrades and a forum software update to bring us to the latest version of Invision Software. This version focuses on maintenance fixes.

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

We've now carried out backend server upgrades and a forum software update to bring us to the latest version of Invision Software. This version some minor improvements, as well as some maintenance fixes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • +1 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

We've now carried out backend server upgrades and a forum software update to bring us to the latest version of Invision Software. This version some minor improvements, as well as some maintenance fixes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Time for the May update. 😀

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

• Thanks 1

Do you have a screenshot of where it looks odd to you? I'm comparing before/after on my browser vs wayback machine, and it looks the same as far as I can tell.

V.T. Eric Layton
13 hours ago, crp said:

there seems to be a lot more white space and unused space.

Hmm... I'm not seeing anything like this. Looks as it always has in my browser.

21 hours ago, Will Watts said:

Do you have a screenshot of where it looks odd to you? I'm comparing before/after on my browser vs wayback machine, and it looks the same as far as I can tell.

8 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Hmm... I'm not seeing anything like this. Looks as it always has in my browser.

I can accept it is my imagination if no one else mentions it.

Hi all,

We've now carried out forum software updates to apply a newly released Invision Community security patch. This version includes some security improvements, and minor fixes.

• Like 2

securitybreach

Will do, thanks a lot chief. It will be nice to get emailed notifications again. I end up missing stuff as I am usually just on BATL and Funniest thread.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2023 at 6:12 AM, securitybreach said:

Will do, thanks a lot chief. It will be nice to get emailed notifications again.

Email notifications should now be working as of a few minutes ago. Apologies this took so long to resolve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Will Watts said:

Email notifications should now be working as of a few minutes ago. Apologies this took so long to resolve.

Cheers Will! I got used to not having them and didn't miss them as I check in almost every day anyway. 😁

Can confirm now working.

• Like 1

Hi all,

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Thanks, @Will Watts for keeping our little playground going. I was saddened to see that the last person to sign up for an account here was almost a year ago. We definitely are not the "go to" place on the Internet these days. I remember the days when I'd walk away from the machine for twenty minutes or so, and when I returned, there would be 30-40 new posts. Ah... the memories. The active members here these days must not be inspiring any exciting feelings in folks who pass on by to read here occasionally. ;)

I never claimed to be Mr. Exciting Tech Guy... that's pretty much @securitybreach; definitely not me. :hysterical:

24 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Thanks, @Will Watts for keeping our little playground going. I was saddened to see that the last person to sign up for an account here was almost a year ago. We definitely are not the "go to" place on the Internet these days. I remember the days when I'd walk away from the machine for twenty minutes or so, and when I returned, there would be 30-40 new posts. Ah... the memories. The active members here these days must not be inspiring any exciting feelings in folks who pass on by to read here occasionally. ;)

20 years (so far) is pretty good longevity for a forum.

There's less reason these days to sign up for tech dedicated forums, when Reddit is so strong and easy to find, and we no longer have the actual "newsletter" behind the name helping drive things. But that said - if the site sticks around another 20 years, even if it's still a small group chatting, that's totally fine by me. 🙂

Both SNL and Sysnative.com will be around for as long as I'm able to host them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm having a problem with reacting to content now. On attempting to react in this topic, I get message "Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content."

Curiously yesterday I had a different issue when reacting to a post Corrine had already reacted to, it would bring up Corrine's profile rather than add an emoji. 🤔

Edit - it may have been blocked by PrivacyBadger in which I just whitelisted here and was able to add a reaction. It never happened until yesterday however. For now I'll mark solved. 😶‍🌫️