Top Posters In This Topic

• securitybreach

• V.T. Eric Layton

• amenditman

• sunrat

Pete!
17 hours ago, securitybreach said:

qT0dEBL.jpg

When I was growing up with people who survived the great depression, that was an actual practice. We saved all our cooking grease, and periodically, my grandfather would combine it with lye to make laundry soap. It was way to strong for personal hygiene,  but shavings were perfect for an old style washing machine. .... Don't try this with a more modern automatic washer, you'll get a room full of suds.

Edited by Pete!
  • Agree 1
  • +1 2
Bookmem
2 hours ago, Pete! said:

When I was growing up with people who survived the great depression, that was an actual practice. We saved all our cooking grease, and periodically, my grandfather would combine it with lye to make laundry soap. It was way to strong for personal hygiene,  but shavings were perfect for an old style washing machine. .... Don't try this with a more modern automatic washer, you'll get a room full of suds.

That sounds almost sacreligious!!  Wasting bacon grease on soap?? 😭 When I was growing up there was alway a can on the stove with bacon grease.  It was used for everything from frying eggs to flavoring veggies.

• Agree 1
sunrat

bf31c283-9e39-462b-bae0-50188f7fb222.jpg

Amazing how they can make that 5G antenna look exactly like a valve from a bike tyre. Technology these days ...  🙃

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1
V.T. Eric Layton
7 hours ago, sunrat said:

like a valve from a bike tyre.

Yup. That's exactly what that is.

Sadly, many folks in this world could be convinced that this really is a 5G antenna/tracking device.

Ignorance knows no bounds in this world.

securitybreach
3 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Yup. That's exactly what that is.

Sadly, many folks in this world could be convinced that this really is a 5G antenna/tracking device.

Ignorance knows no bounds in this world.

Yup. I always counteract that with

"Well that is how cell technology works. You have to be tracked from multiple antennas to even have cell service. So of course they can track you, otherwise you would have no cell service."