Really Bad Advice

Jeber

Guest LilBambi

Cats can certainly be a lot of fun ... love that pic Jeber!Root reading the newpaper inserts ... checking out new cat toys no doubt:http://www.jim-fran.com/bambi/photogallery...16-2004_jpg.htmI love that cat site too greengeek and spent quite a bit of time there myself. :thumbsup:Now if I can get Root to stay off the counters, the cabinets, the kitchen curtains, the refrigerator, the stove. He stays off as long as we are there, but every time we go in the kitchen he jumps down off of something! Never had a cat that ever did that! And this one won't stop! Course he has always been great about using the litter pan, even while we are camping, so I guess I shouldn't complain. We have the water bottle ... and that works when we are there of course. But he's got his own ideas on what he should be able to do when we are not in the room. :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• teacher

• BoardFlak

• pc-tecky

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are our two cats, Tasha & Buddy (on top of the bird cage) keeping watch over Bailey. Fortunately, Bailey doesn't mind the company and the cats don't bother him. Little Tasha (on the chair) like to sit on my lap and help keyboard. Click for larger image --> TashaBaileyBuddy_Sm.jpg

Are you guys trying to morph this thread into a Bad Advice for Pet Owners column? I could do that, you know. gatos.gifham_sniff.gifmonodsdsd.gif

[. . .] And the cats will have your network down every other day.

Seems to me, Sir, that you deserve the credit for introducing the subject of cats. We are merely following your illustrious lead. :' />

I've seen one of our cats do that with a cat food can (actually had both paws stretched out, gripping the end of the can and pulling), but not with a glass.

You could try sticking an empty soup can on your desk, open end toward you, and pluging the speaker wire into the back of it. This is a variation of the old can-and-string-telephone trick. If the soup can's not loud enough, get a larger can. Just be sure to sign a waiver-of-responsibility form before attempting that, please.

Another method to make the empty soup can louder:

1. Cut off the female end of an old extension cord.
  2. Attach the bared ends of the cord to the empty soup can using sheet metal screws.
  3. Plug male end of the extension cord into a convient wall outlet. ;)

This will make the soup can significantly louder. As a bonus you can also use it to keep your coffee hot.

[*]Plug male end of the extension cord into a convient wall outlet. ;)
It might be better to use a UPS or other plug strip with a good surge suppressor.

Here's my cool suggestion for getting more milage out of your email address. Get someone to send you a Gmail invitation. Sign up for an address in this format: www.jebers.com@gmail.com. Then, whenever someone tries to send you an email, they'll get redirected to your website instead. Less spam, more site traffic. Brilliant! :hmm:

• 3 weeks later...

I read a Star Trek parody once that had everyone tossing handfulls of glitter for the "transporter effect." A new crewman asked why and nobody could answer.

So what does it say about us that the two longest threads in the WC consist of one containing posts of only 3 words and another in which no 3 words even make sense? :)

It means that trilobytes never really went extinct after all. Oh, and that Star Trek parody was one I read back in the days before personal computers. It was in a fanzine that someone had typed up and photocopied to distribute. It was a friend's copy, and so I don't still have it. It might have made it onto the internet since then, but I'd have no idea where to find it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally managed to design a portable computer you can wear around your neck!What you do is get an old computer box at a garage sale or swap meet. All you need is a reasonably good motherboard with onboard sound and video. Hard drives are not necessary (more on that shortly). Fill all the PCI slots with 4 port USB PCI cards. The processor should be fairly new but doesn't need to be anywhere near top-of-the-line (should be Intel, though, just to make life easier).Now if you've got 4 PCI slots, you should wind up with 16 USB ports, plus however many are part of the case, let's say two just for example. Wait for a good sale at your local computer store and buy eighteen USB drives. Load an operating system on one of the drives like Flonix and write "OS" on that drive.Plug them all in, boot into your OS, and assign each drive a letter or name, like Apps, Docs, Temp, Pron...I mean Programs.Now you have a fully portable OS you can take anywhere and use on any computer. You may not be able to plug in all your drives on every computer, so be sure to label each drive so you'll know the important ones, like the OS, Apps, Pron...I mean Programs.And you'll have a unique and geeky necklace that will make you the talk of the town, one way or the other. :teehee:

• 2 months later...

I had to take the Summer off from dispensing bad advice.It's been a period of contemplation for the old misleader. It would seem that once people have availed themselves of my encouragements, the very next thing they do is hire a lawyer. Wow, some people just have zero sense-of-humor. So I felt this last Summer was a good time to just get away from it all and take care of some necessary personal matters. That's the true reason I decided to spend some time on this beautiful little island. The fact that it is owned by a foreign nation with no diplomatic or legal ties to the U.S. was just a coincidence, not a part of my "underhanded and cowardly flight from lawful prosecution" like that one lawyer claimed in his charge. There is also no truth to another lawyer's claim that I have no intention of ever returning to the States and resuming my "dangerous, libelous and not even that humorous" on-line career. While I may decide to stay and enjoy this paradise for the foreseeable future, I am already in the process of "concocting new ways for gullible folks, and just plain stupid people, to cause massive, irreversible and possibly life threatening destruction to their computer systems, home networks and family lives", as described by more than a dozen legal-eagles.

I had to take the Summer off from dispensing bad advice.It's been a period of contemplation for the old misleader.  It would seem that once people have availed themselves of my encouragements, the very next thing they do is hire a lawyer.  Wow, some people just have zero sense-of-humor.  So I felt this last Summer was a good time to just get away from it all and take care of some necessary personal matters.  That's the true reason I decided to spend some time on this beautiful little island.  The fact that it is owned by a foreign nation with no diplomatic or legal ties to the U.S. was just a coincidence, not a part of my "underhanded and cowardly flight from lawful prosecution" like that one lawyer claimed in his charge.  There is also no truth to another lawyer's claim that I have no intention of ever returning to the States and resuming my "dangerous, libelous and not even that humorous" on-line career.  While I may decide to stay and enjoy this paradise for the foreseeable future, I am already in the process of "concocting new ways for gullible folks, and just plain stupid people, to cause massive, irreversible and possibly life threatening destruction to their computer systems, home networks and family lives", as described by more than a dozen legal-eagles.

Litigation the Australian way by Fang... halitosis included. :thumbsup: tas_teeth.jpg

Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Hahahahahahaha... very well done Jeber.dog_laugh.gif