• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeber

• Temmu

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

BoardFlak

You might have had some luck with an in-line fuse on the power supply. Personally, I always prefer the "self-powered" cans.

Here's my cool suggestion for getting more milage out of your email address. Get someone to send you a Gmail invitation. Sign up for an address in this format: www.jebers.com@gmail.com. Then, whenever someone tries to send you an email, they'll get redirected to your website instead. Less spam, more site traffic. Brilliant! :hmm:

Temmu

faaaaascintating!(to quote mr. spock (um, star trek, not the mis-informed child doctor...))

• 3 weeks later...
BoardFlak

I read a Star Trek parody once that had everyone tossing handfulls of glitter for the "transporter effect." A new crewman asked why and nobody could answer.

So what does it say about us that the two longest threads in the WC consist of one containing posts of only 3 words and another in which no 3 words even make sense? :)

BoardFlak

It means that trilobytes never really went extinct after all. Oh, and that Star Trek parody was one I read back in the days before personal computers. It was in a fanzine that someone had typed up and photocopied to distribute. It was a friend's copy, and so I don't still have it. It might have made it onto the internet since then, but I'd have no idea where to find it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've finally managed to design a portable computer you can wear around your neck!What you do is get an old computer box at a garage sale or swap meet. All you need is a reasonably good motherboard with onboard sound and video. Hard drives are not necessary (more on that shortly). Fill all the PCI slots with 4 port USB PCI cards. The processor should be fairly new but doesn't need to be anywhere near top-of-the-line (should be Intel, though, just to make life easier).Now if you've got 4 PCI slots, you should wind up with 16 USB ports, plus however many are part of the case, let's say two just for example. Wait for a good sale at your local computer store and buy eighteen USB drives. Load an operating system on one of the drives like Flonix and write "OS" on that drive.Plug them all in, boot into your OS, and assign each drive a letter or name, like Apps, Docs, Temp, Pron...I mean Programs.Now you have a fully portable OS you can take anywhere and use on any computer. You may not be able to plug in all your drives on every computer, so be sure to label each drive so you'll know the important ones, like the OS, Apps, Pron...I mean Programs.And you'll have a unique and geeky necklace that will make you the talk of the town, one way or the other. :teehee:

• 2 months later...

I had to take the Summer off from dispensing bad advice.It's been a period of contemplation for the old misleader. It would seem that once people have availed themselves of my encouragements, the very next thing they do is hire a lawyer. Wow, some people just have zero sense-of-humor. So I felt this last Summer was a good time to just get away from it all and take care of some necessary personal matters. That's the true reason I decided to spend some time on this beautiful little island. The fact that it is owned by a foreign nation with no diplomatic or legal ties to the U.S. was just a coincidence, not a part of my "underhanded and cowardly flight from lawful prosecution" like that one lawyer claimed in his charge. There is also no truth to another lawyer's claim that I have no intention of ever returning to the States and resuming my "dangerous, libelous and not even that humorous" on-line career. While I may decide to stay and enjoy this paradise for the foreseeable future, I am already in the process of "concocting new ways for gullible folks, and just plain stupid people, to cause massive, irreversible and possibly life threatening destruction to their computer systems, home networks and family lives", as described by more than a dozen legal-eagles.

I had to take the Summer off from dispensing bad advice.It's been a period of contemplation for the old misleader.  It would seem that once people have availed themselves of my encouragements, the very next thing they do is hire a lawyer.  Wow, some people just have zero sense-of-humor.  So I felt this last Summer was a good time to just get away from it all and take care of some necessary personal matters.  That's the true reason I decided to spend some time on this beautiful little island.  The fact that it is owned by a foreign nation with no diplomatic or legal ties to the U.S. was just a coincidence, not a part of my "underhanded and cowardly flight from lawful prosecution" like that one lawyer claimed in his charge.  There is also no truth to another lawyer's claim that I have no intention of ever returning to the States and resuming my "dangerous, libelous and not even that humorous" on-line career.  While I may decide to stay and enjoy this paradise for the foreseeable future, I am already in the process of "concocting new ways for gullible folks, and just plain stupid people, to cause massive, irreversible and possibly life threatening destruction to their computer systems, home networks and family lives", as described by more than a dozen legal-eagles.

Litigation the Australian way by Fang... halitosis included. :thumbsup: tas_teeth.jpg

Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him a super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Hahahahahahaha... very well done Jeber.dog_laugh.gif

Ok I am in need of some advice, I find myself in the fun position of looking for a new job and this looks like a great place to get good advice. (Or at least a laugh to lighten the mood) Eagerly awaiting any and all advice B)

remember, your goal is to stand out, everyone's wearin' a shirt-n-tie, but not you!!an old t-shirt with a pithy saying, like 'i eat roadkill' will do.don't forget the baggy shorts worn half way down the old buttocks.and, colorful boxers underneath.hope that helps... let us know as numb minds want to know!

Take a box of doughnuts to your job interviews. Next time the personnel manager is hungry, he will think of you, and that will work in your favor. ;) In all seriousness, good luck with your search!

For a potential employer to see how important you are, be sure to take your cell phone with you (if you don't have one, borrow a friends). Turn the ringer up loud, perhaps having the Lone Ranger ringtone play. Then make arrangements for your friends to call you throughout the scheduled interview time.

What Corrine said, except with a pager. That way, you only have to look at it, mutter something incomprehensible, and then apologize: "It's my old job. I told them I wouldn't be able to help them any more. I guess the new guy isn't working out, though." :w00t: