• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• quint

• BarryB

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Right Quint you might as well adapt the European metric standard . . . seeing that you´re downloading them from Dutch mirrors . . ;) :DB) Bruno

Right Quint you might as well adapt the European metric standard . .  . seeing that you´re downloading them from Dutch  mirrors . . B) :DB) Bruno
:( :( ;) Gladly ! :(

The second beta of Mandrake Linux 9.2 is out: "Mandrake 9.2 Beta 2 Released. We would like to thank all those who are already contributing to the beta testing process. In addition to fixing the troubles you reported, the development team has added some new software versions. Install the beta and send your reports." Find all the information about this release, including a list of up-to-date mirrors on the Mandrake Linux 9.2 beta information page. Download: MandrakeLinux-9.2beta2-CD1.i586.iso (652MB), MandrakeLinux-9.2beta2-CD2.i586.iso (650MB), MandrakeLinux-9.2beta2-CD3.i586.iso (648MB).MandrakeLinux-9.2beta2-CD1.i586.isoMandrakeLinux-9.2beta2-CD2.i586.isoMandrakeLinux-9.2beta2-CD3.i586.iso

Hi all,Have not had any luck at all with the Mandrake 9.2 beta2 :lol: . Downloaded (from different mirrors) 3x, burned 3x, did all the MD5sum checks - 3x each, everything was perfect...but it will not install. :D It flies through the installation process, until it gets to "partitioning", and then sits there...forever. :blink: I tried this 6x, using all combinations of partition selection, except the one it wanted: "upgrade your existing 9.1". I've checked, and double-checked everything...no luck. Even went sofar as to install a different distro, just to see if something went wrong with my PC...Debian installed OK. :blink: Well, I'm going to wait for the final release, next month...hope you all have better fortune, and tell me the "secrets to your success". :lol:

Quint,If you are having no luck with it, you our full pro distro tester, I will not even go near it ! :D  :blink:  :lol:  :o :o Bruno
No, no...it still might be my particular system. :blink: If you and others' try it, you might come up with another "silver bullet". :o And besides, "misery loves company". :lol:

Quint,No time . . I have to do a job in the garden . . give the concrete a coating of fresh green paint . . . :blink: :blink: :lol: :lol: Bruno

Quint,No time . . I have to do a job in the garden . . give the concrete a coating of fresh green paint . . . :blink:  :blink:  :lol: :D Bruno
Very much, would I like to implement those "changes" here. :lol:

Now that sounds exciting. Go out in the European heat wave and paint blocks green. Are you going for a particular look? Of is this the look of avoiding the impossible? :blink: :blink:

Saves me from doing the job Quint has to do every week with the lawnmower . . . . this job needs only be done once a year. :blink: :lol: :blink: More time for Linux ! :D:lol: Bruno

Saves me from doing the job Quint has to do every week with the lawnmower . . . . this job needs only be done once a year.  :rolleyes:  :D  :D More time for Linux ! ;)B) Bruno
Twice a week! The missus' can detect 3 mm of growth, in a heartbeat. :D

Saves me from doing the job Quint has to do every week with the lawnmower . . . . this job needs only be done once a year.  :rolleyes:  :D  :D More time for Linux ! ;)B) Bruno
Twice a week! The missus' can detect 3 mm of growth, in a heartbeat. B)
oh man...Quint my heart goes out to ya...that is waayyyy to much interaction with lawn :D B) :D ...I think wife's go to school for that..Lawn Height 101 :D followed clutter hubby stuff...Bruno...I like your approach...Maybe I can talk the wife into paving the yard.. :D

Now you are figuring out why I live in a sandbox. I did make hubby mow it last week. The weeds were taller than my knees!

Novenas? Is that suppose to make the rain stop? Or the grass to quit growing? You will have to clue the protestant in here.

paving the yard..
Barry . . it´s much more simple . . . just a truck full of concrete . . . don´t even have to level it., it´s even nicer if you don´t level it . . . . and a big can of green paint . . .does the job !:rolleyes: Bruno

paving the yard..
Barry . . it´s much more simple . . . just a truck full of concrete . . . don´t even have to level it., it´s even nicer if you don´t level it . . . . and a big can of green paint . . .does the job !:rolleyes: Bruno
Hee-Hee Great Idea!!!....Once a year paint Job...I can do that

Now you are figuring out why I live in a sandbox.  I did make hubby mow it last week.  The weeds were taller than  my knees!
You are a fine wife, for sure. :rolleyes:

Actually the weeds were over half a meter tall and I did not say a word until he said he needed to do it. Then I just hid in the computer room until he was done. Luckily, I am not allowed outside when he is mowing. :rolleyes:

Julia quote:

Actually the weeds were over half a meter tall and I did not say a word until he said he needed to do it. Then I just hid in the computer room until he was done. Luckily, I am not allowed outside when he is mowing.
You also are "finesse endowed". :rolleyes:

BTW, Bruno,In between trying to install the Mandrake 9.2 beta2, and the Debian, I installed a "flavor" of Linux, that was easy to install, loaded with all sorts of packages, runs s-m-o-o-t-h, and performs wonderfully...ever hear of Yoper Linux? :rolleyes: Any thoughts? :D

I still think Bruno has the right idea...No cutting..no raking..Just Paint once a year.....man,,that is my kind of yard

BTW, Bruno,In between trying to install the Mandrake 9.2 beta2, and the Debian, I installed a "flavor" of Linux, that was easy to install, loaded with all sorts of packages, runs s-m-o-o-t-h, and performs wonderfully...ever hear of Yoper Linux? :rolleyes: Any thoughts? :D
QuintNoooooo, you too ?? What a day . . . . Yoper is the worst . . I did write about their politics of free test versions and selling the final ( first ) version for $99 . . and that for a distro that was a newcomer . . . . plus they cheated on Distrowatch to get to number one . . their high place now is still only because the manipulated the statistics . . . :(The only reason why it is free now is because everybody refused to buy it and got really ***** off with them . . . . . now they´re trying to sweet talk everybody back in . . . . . "Someone" told me it has even AOL messenger installed by default . . . . :(Quint, you are a friend, do something, just do me a favor and overwrite that partition quickly with any other ¨honest and fair¨ distro . . . B):D Bruno* you were just saying this to get me going didn´t you . . ? :D ( did "someone" set you up ? Did she ? )