Mandrake Linux 9.2 Beta 1+2+3

havnblast

Tomorrow is the BIG day for 9.2 bata2 . . . . . put a few extra spindels CDs on your shopping list . . :) B) :) B):) Bruno
Thanks, Bruno, right after I mow the lawn :( ...cannot wait for Winter! :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• quint

• BarryB

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean if I install the new motherboard and CPU tonight I should wait until tomorrow to install the new Drake or is it not stable enough yet? Would I be better to go ahead with good old 9.1 for now?

Does that mean if I install the new motherboard and CPU tonight I should wait until tomorrow to install the new Drake or is it not stable enough yet?  Would I be better to go ahead with good old 9.1 for now?
Don´t use the Mandrake beta´s as primary OS ! The FINAL will be there in September . . . :) ( Mandrake beta´s, even the RC´s are always extremely buggy! )B) Bruno

Does that mean if I install the new motherboard and CPU tonight I should wait until tomorrow to install the new Drake or is it not stable enough yet?  Would I be better to go ahead with good old 9.1 for now?
Don´t use the Mandrake beta´s as primary OS ! The FINAL will be there in September . . . B) ( Mandrake beta´s, even the RC´s are always extremely buggy! ):) Bruno
September...wow..that's like a month away.. B) :) ..Just kidding..and of course your right Bruno...Question though...will 2.6 kernel make it to the Sept release?

They are working hard on it Barry . . . but still have not got it together . . . still 100 to 200 burg reports every day . . . . ;)B) Bruno

Don´t use the Mandrake beta´s as primary OS ! The FINAL will be there in September . . . :) ( Mandrake beta´s, even the RC´s are always extremely buggy! )B) Bruno
I knew you would say that. Don't know why I asked! Just dreaming. :) I know, look at tonight's install as another practice round. :) B)

They are working hard on it Barry . . . but still have not got it together . . . still 100 to 200 burg reports every day . . . . ;)B) Bruno
I know they will get it together..they always do...this is really a fast paced time for the linux world

I´m not sure Barry . . this many bug reports is unusual, even for Drake . . ;)B) Bruno
Think maybe they are trying to change to much to fast...I'd rather they slow the release cycle and put out a really good product..( 9.1 great to me..but Drake has that rep as "leading."Bleeding B) edge...maybe trying to maintain that image.) B)

Barry,It´s just that they feel RedHat pushing in their back, the beta´s and final releases are always around the same time . . . if Mandrake would drop one cycle they would lose their advantage ( they think . . . .I personally think RH has a lot more to catch up with B) but then I´m biased, as I always say . . . . . )B) Bruno

Barry,It´s just that they feel RedHat pushing in their back, the beta´s and final releases are always around the same time . . . if Mandrake would drop one cycle they would lose their advantage ( they think . . . .I personaly think RH has a lot more to catch up with B) but then I´m biased, as I always say . . . . .  )B) Bruno
BrunoI don't think your as biased as you claim...I agree, IMHO Mandrake is way ahead..especially with drivers and NTFS issues .But I can understand why they might feel that way.

BrunoI don't think your as biased as you claim...
Thanlks Barry that´s exactly what I wanted to hear . . . B) B) B) B) B) B) Bruno

He is not biased. All you have to do is go back and look at about 200 posts or so where he indicates Mandrake should be the number one install for distros! Hmmmmm. I can figure this one out. B) B) B)

Only a day late . . not bad !Thanks Quint !:) Bruno
One question, Bruno...at several/all of the mirrors, it's still listed as "Beta 1", yet the time-stamp says 8/5/03. :) Is it "Beta 2"? :) BTW, glad you're here for a couple more weeks. :)

Do I dare show my stupidity and ask what the avatar of the week is for Quint now? I don't recognize that one. I guess this means another operating system he has fallen in love with. :) I assume this is not something from the Mandrake 9.2 Beta 2????

Do I dare show my stupidity and ask what the avatar of the week is for Quint now?  I don't recognize that one.  I guess this means another operating system he has fallen in love with.  :)  I assume this is not something from the Mandrake 9.2 Beta 2????
OK..then I'll show my Stupidity....Hey Qunit...what is that? :) :) :) :)

Do I dare show my stupidity and ask what the avatar of the week is for Quint now?  I don't recognize that one.  I guess this means another operating system he has fallen in love with. :) I assume this is not something from the Mandrake 9.2 Beta 2????
Hi Julia,"Stupidity", is not part of your essence; the avatar is something from "playing around in Gimp" - I found a "neat" png file, opened it in the Gimp, and ... Am doing this, while waiting for the Mandrake d/l's to complete. I think this avatar could be used as a desktop icon for "MozillaFirebird". :)

I like it. I just figured it was another distro you had conquered. We come to expect that. How many have you been through? I hate to try to count. Gimp is fun but really frustrating for me. I spent too many years in Photoshop and I have to unthink all of my learning. :)

I like it.  I just figured it was another distro you had conquered.  We come to expect that.  How many have you been through?  I hate to try to count.  Gimp is fun but really frustrating for me.  I spent too many years in Photoshop and I have to unthink all of my learning. :)
Thanks, Julia. The latest count for me:29 Distros installed, tried to varying degrees.6 "Keepers", thusfar.3 Failures, for one reason or another. (Probably my own ineptnitude[?]) :) (Is that a word?)I :) the Gimp, but have trouble seeing sometimes - both visually, and comprehendingly. :) Photoshop was something I always wanted to try, but could never justify the cost factor...there is no "inter-relation" to coal-mining maintenance. :)

Quint,The first bugs that are comming in on the 9.2 Beta2 are on The Gimp . . :) . . ( and the nVidia drivers ):) Bruno

Quint,The first bugs that are comming in on the 9.2 Beta2 are on The Gimp . . :( . . ( and the nVidia drivers )B) Bruno
mrbill.jpgThanks, Bruno. ;)

The latest count for me:29 Distros installed, tried to varying degrees.6 "Keepers", thusfar.3 Failures, for one reason or another. (Probably my own ineptnitude[?]) ;) (Is that a word?)I :( the Gimp, but have trouble seeing sometimes - both visually, and comprehendingly. :( Photoshop was something I always wanted to try, but could never justify the cost factor...there is no "inter-relation" to coal-mining maintenance. :(
Ineptitude - definitely a word but it does not apply to anyone with 29 distros installed. That is impressive. Your CD collection must be pretty high.With the Gimp, you are lucky you have no Photoshop experience. Luckily, school editions never cost quite what the retail editions do. When you have an art student in the house, everything becomes relative. I have been bad, however, in that I did not get her on the Gimp this summer. Something about taking a summer off from art!I would say you are doing pretty good. Just keep trying. Can't do a thing about the vision, except maybe loan you some glasses! B)