Mandrake Linux 9.2 Beta 1+2+3

havnblast

Did you guys see this?

The first beta release of the upcoming Mandrake Linux 9.2 is out: "This time the first beta comes on three ISOs, and we are going for stability rather than new features. Nevertheless, you'll find out that this beta contains plenty of updated software: Kernel 2.4.21, GCC 3.3.1 , Mozilla 1.4, KDE 3.1.2, Evolution 1.4.3, XFree86 4.3, Apache 2.0.47, Galeon 1.3.6... All the reporting goes over http://qa.mandrakesoft.com. Developers (and such) are invited to join the discussion on cooker list, and there is also a #mdk-cooker IRC channel at irc.freenode.net. More technical info can be found on the new wiki pages." Download: MandrakeLinux-9.2beta1-CD1.i586.iso (651MB), MandrakeLinux-9.2beta1-CD2.i586.iso (650MB), MandrakeLinux-9.2beta1-CD3.i586.iso (649MB).
CD 1CD 2CD 3

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• quint

• BarryB

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Kelly,I knew it was coming one of these days . . . . . finaly . . with the new Evolution and Galeon . . yummy !!! :) B) ( same kernel though )I will wait for the Club Mirrors to show up, because like Ryan said on the ¨normal¨ mirrors you hardly get any speed . .that is if you can get connected at all ! Mandrake beta´s are very popular ;)B) Bruno* Clever Kelly the SNT UTwente mirror ! :) :)

Thanks very much for the timely info, Kelly...will be checking into it. My Mandrake is running fine, so I'm a bit hesitant to mess with it...but I do have several unused GB's, just waiting for something to read/write! :)

B) @Quint  - what not a better use for those unused GBs  - just odd that site don't have CD 1
You're correct, Kelly...am currently using that site from Netherlands - another great speed - have CD 2 & 3, d/l'ing. :) Guess all those Netherland mirrors are fast! I love it! If you find another mirror for CD 1, please let us know. :)

Ssssst !Have an other ( Dutch)  Mirror for you ! All 3 CDs !!DL at 95% of speed  !!:) Bruno
Allright! Thanks, Bruno...have them all d/l'ing now - going to be a marvelous night of installing! B) :) B)

Ssssst guys keep it quiet ! Or the speed will fall down . . :) :) :DThis mirror is even better then the Twente one, in Twente the had a fire recently so the numbers of distro´s is downgraded. The link I gave you here above should be bookmarked for sure it has many more distro´s . . browse around and you will see:5-minute MCC Mandrake ROCK RedHat alfalinux altlinux arklinux armed asplinux baslinux beehive blackcat bluelinux borg cLIeNUX caldera collegelinux conectiva contrib damnsmall debian demolinux dragonlinux dynebolic e-smith eloop elx engarde esware gentoo gibraltar giotto gobolinux immunix jollix k12ltsp knoppix knoppix-std knoppixmame kurumin linux-ppc linux-router lnx-bbc looplinux lormalinux lrs-linux lvr lycoris mepis monkey nfsroot onebase openna peanut peewee pld progeny puppylinux redmondlinux restore rootlinux sgl slackware small-linux smoothwall sol sorcerer sourcemage spinix stormbringer suse trinux trustix ultrapenguin uos vectorlinux voodoolinux weblinux winlinux yellowdog zipslack Have FUN !! :DB) Bruno

That´s good Quint, we like happy Linuxers !I´ve still got a very nice speed here . . still 95 -97 %<_< Bruno

Using Getright to download them, getting good speeds... using my full bandwidth split 3 ways <_< (downloading one CD from 3 different servers so as not to bog one down :lol: )

Aditional info about the kernel:Beta 1 will still use the old kernel ( from 9.1 )Beta 2 will have the new kernel !!!! ( beta 2 in two weeks or so )<_< Bruno

You´re all raving mad . . . . . . brilliant !!!Though . . . don´t replace your 9.1 with this one !! It´s only a beta . . . put it on a seperate partition and boot from floppy . . . Mandrake´s beta´s are always very buggy . . you can not use this as your regular OS . . . don´t say I did not warn you !Mandrake needs 3 beta´s and 3 RCs to get it right most of the time.<_< Bruno

You´re all raving mad  . . . . . . brilliant !!!Though . . . don´t replace your 9.1 with this one !! It´s only a beta . . . put it on a seperate partition and boot from floppy . . . Mandrake´s beta´s are always very buggy . . you can not use this as your regular OS . . . don´t say I did not warn you !Mandrake needs 3 beta´s and 3 RCs to get it right most of the time.:o Bruno
Us, "Master Penguin"? <_< raving.jpg :lol: :D

After returning from a nice trip to Wal-Mart, I come back and find all of my isos downloaded <_< Only wish I had time to burn them and install it... Sounds like a plan for tomorrow evening.

Don´t know what happened last night but the checksum for ISO CD1 did not match . . :( . . . I will have to download it again tonight as I sleep. . . . . so still no 9.2 desktop. . . . . :rolleyes: :blink: Bruno

I d/l last night, but haven't burned them yet...But I may just wait until the new kernel is in...From the notes..there really isn't alot of change (or at least not that I can tell...yet) ...but from what I read if you have 9.1 up-to- date it's pretty close to the same thing....is that right?..or was I just tired and totally misunderstood what I was reading :rolleyes:

Well Barry you are right, with the update from evolution and thye latest version of Firebird you´re as up-to-date as can be . . . .but, it is fun to have a peek at what would be the next release of Mandrake . . . . :rolleyes: Bruno