ADIOS Linux Live CD ( RH based )

Bruno

Just a short note: Thank you Julia and Bruno..."re-burned" the Adios 1.30 iso file, at 18x speed, just to see if it was truly OK...it is, after checking in a terminal. Thanks to you both, again. ;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarryB

• Bruno

• quint

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

An addendum: this message brought to you from Adios 1.30, using the Mozilla 1.3 browser! :D Well, just wanted to see if I could do it - it works...fine. Thanks are in order for Julia and Bruno. ;) BarryB, do believe that the entire problem was our "faulty" CD's - try as Julia said: burn at 18x - the rest was fairly easy; all I did was delete the "chosen" NIC setting, and create a "new" one, using the card I have installed on the PC. From then on, everything works! ;)

;) Do you guys realize that there are believed to be about 130 known distros of Linux? Hope you've got enough hard drives to install them all on!I'm sticking with SuSE, I can't concentrate on programming and trying out all these distros.

;) Do you guys realize that there are believed to be about 130 known distros of Linux?  Hope you've got enough hard drives to install them all on!I'm sticking with SuSE, I can't concentrate on programming and trying out all these distros.
Hi Joy, hope the programming is going well, and that "GreenGeek Linux" will be distro #131. :D Let's see 130 possible - 25 tested = 125 more distros to enjoy trying out! ;) In all honesty, I only have 5 currently installed (my "keepers"), of which SuSE 8.2, is definitely one of. Really enjoy seeing if I can install, give a good and unbiased tryout, and then decide whether or not to keep it. (Of course, the only reason I am able to do this is the cable connection...so I guess this old man is "spoiled"!) Did spend my first three years of learning the computer on dial-up, and it was an adventure to see if the latest Netscape browser would finish d/l'ing before my ISP would cut me off, for not "moving about on the Web"! :D Have been reading alot about Python, and think I will try my hand at it shortly. Keep up with your most admirable pursuits, Joy, I always look forward to your enlightening posts. :D

;) I forgot to add that those 130 distros are only the released ones, not the ones hacked together by others and not released on the unsuspecting public (kind of like I'll do when I work out how to put together a distro).

Hi Joy, hope the programming is going well, and that "GreenGeek Linux" will be distro #131.  Let's see 130 possible - 25 tested = 125 more distros to enjoy trying out!
Gets the calculator out 130-25 = 105 hmmmmmm, quint are ya batteries new or old? ;)

Just a short note: Thank you Julia and Bruno..."re-burned" the Adios 1.30 iso file, at 18x speed, just to see if it was truly OK...it is, after checking in a terminal. Thanks to you both, again. ;)
An addendum: this message brought to you from Adios 1.30, using the Mozilla 1.3 browser!
I hope we all learned here Quint, not only you but anyone reading this thread:Do the checksum on your ISOs ( from the commandline ), take care how you burn your CDs ! If you still encounter problems: checksum your CD too !! ( Other procedure same md5sum )Sometimes it apears to install well, but the smallest corrupt file on the CD might cause apps not to function well, or crash.;) Bruno

An addendum: this message brought to you from Adios 1.30, using the Mozilla 1.3 browser! :D Well, just wanted to see if I could do it - it works...fine. Thanks are in order for Julia and Bruno. ;) BarryB, do believe that the entire problem was our "faulty" CD's - try as Julia said: burn at 18x - the rest was fairly easy; all I did was delete the "chosen" NIC setting, and create a "new" one, using the card I have installed on the PC. From then on, everything works! ;)
I agree, think it is the faulty CD's....hmmm must be that"Need for speed thing"..I did a reburn this am...but as the avaitors' say "No Joy" . So I'm wondering if my D/L just may be corrupted. I will d/l again..checksum and try burning again...I just can't seem to let it get the best of me :o . Did the nic switchout this am ....but had to settle on the Intell 1000b express (with is not what I have..but we shall investigate and see if I can get a close enough match.Bruno: Lesson learned!!! We shall slow down and ensure steps are properly followed :D ...hmmm 130 distros.....Time to buy more CDRs :D

;) I forgot to add that those 130 distros are only the released ones, not the ones hacked together by others and not released on the unsuspecting public (kind of like I'll do when I work out how to put together a distro).
That means I get to buy even more CDR's...Hee hee ;) and I am anticipating Green Geek Linux (Down Under style!) release.

Barry, QuintFace it, you to are hopelessly addicted to distros, not just Linux, but distros in general. ;) We can count on you to blaze the trail for the rest of us. ;)

BarryWhat can I say? Especially since I just dumped VectorSoho and installed Slack on my computer. This is my first post from Slack with everything working. Installation was a breeze this time. When I tried it before it did not like my USB mouse. I know Quint must be grinning from ear to ear. ;)

Barry, QuintFace it, you to are hopelessly addicted to distros, not just Linux, but distros in general.  ;) We can count on you to blaze the trail for the rest of us.  :D
team.gif ;) :D

BarryWhat can I say?  Especially since I just dumped VectorSoho and installed Slack on my computer.  This is my first post from Slack with everything working.  Installation was a breeze this time.  When I tried it before it did not like my USB mouse.  I know Quint must be grinning from ear to ear.  ;)
Si linda muhir. ;) big%20grin.jpg

QuintHave you dyed your hair?  You are looking younger all the time.  It must be the Linux influence.
Was the first one that I came to...here is closer resemblance:Profile_Grin_small.jpg

Ugh!!! ;) ...I sometimes hate being the resident geek..Have a guy at work new box, home built..win98..winxp.. swapped in old HD's no back up...stuck in boot loop..can't recover...can't do repair install (oem)...suggested Linux..blank stare... ;) The checksum issue was much easier LOL

BarryYou mean you don't have a higher caliber of friend than that? ;) Win 98 and XP? Have you tried changing the bios to boot from CD and going in that route? Definitely more fun to play in Linux though.

Yes I did..The problem appears to be a iomdisk.sys file...can't get to it..did boot from his cd...got into recovery but system can't local file..though it shows on boot up in safe mode...can really complete cycle to get into safe mode either....it hits that iom file and reboots..win98 wont complete either but will boot safe (Has NDIS error) but I can fix that..anyway..we have a guy he that get paid to work on Windows...His turn

BarryYou mean you don't have a higher caliber of friend than that? :blink:  Win 98 and XP?  Have you tried changing the bios to boot from CD and going in that route?  Definitely more fun to play in Linux though.
JuliaAlso my 4 year old son knows more about linux than my friends,,I would almost venture to say he knows more about windows too..Most of these guys are engineers and WMD, Medial and BioEnviro guys..they just want it (Computers) to work

Good answer.  Turn it over to the guy paid to do that!  Then back to LinuxLand!
It's funny...But usually I'm the one they hit first."I'm free" I guess..but when I first got to the office (BTW not at langley anymore) I was the defacto IT Support...and Battelle (Company I work for) is windows based..Glad we got the "Real IT " Guy though...Now I get to work on Training Programs

BarryDid you ever get your Adios to run or did you just say Adios to it?  B)
It's running..just not right..Will tackle it again....I think doing s slower burn will help..