ADIOS Linux Live CD ( RH based )

Bruno

BarryThe way to do checksum of the ISO is always different from the one of the burned CD !PS: Sorry I was not clear: the numbers are the same but the way to get them is different.;) Bruno

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarryB

• Bruno

• quint

• teacher

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruno and BarryB,Here's the output I get:bash-2.05b# isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdromCD-ROM is in ISO 9660 formatSystem id: LINUXVolume id: AdiosVolume set id:Publisher id: Copyright 2003 QUT, Australia, FreewareData preparer id: Neville Richter, Mark Huth & Lynda ThaterApplication id: ADIOS BootCD version 1.30 9-July-2003Copyright File id:Abstract File id:Bibliographic File id:Volume set size is: 1Volume set sequence number is: 1Logical block size is: 2048Volume size is: 354000Joliet with UCS level 3 foundRock Ridge signatures version 1 foundbash-2.05b# dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2048 count=354000 conv=notrunc,noerror | md5sum354000+0 records in354000+0 records outa933e2e1bf24cdef012762509cb7d8f4 -Definitely different from the website's MD5 checksum. ;) BarryB, I failed to get on-line with Konqueror...how'd you do it? B)

Quint

a933e2e1bf24cdef012762509cb7d8f4
should be the same as on the site, if not the CD is not OK !The numbers stay the same . . . the way to get them is different . . ;) Bruno
996f164f2e89fa384a139f558b63d3af  adios-1.30.iso
This is from their site

Bruno and BarryB,Here's the output I get:bash-2.05b# isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdromCD-ROM is in ISO 9660 formatSystem id: LINUXVolume id: AdiosVolume set id:Publisher id: Copyright 2003 QUT, Australia, FreewareData preparer id: Neville Richter, Mark Huth & Lynda ThaterApplication id: ADIOS BootCD version 1.30 9-July-2003Copyright File id:Abstract File id:Bibliographic File id:Volume set size is: 1Volume set sequence number is: 1Logical block size is: 2048Volume size is: 354000Joliet with UCS level 3 foundRock Ridge signatures version 1 foundbash-2.05b# dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2048 count=354000 conv=notrunc,noerror | md5sum354000+0 records in354000+0 records outa933e2e1bf24cdef012762509cb7d8f4  -Definitely different from the website's MD5 checksum. ;) BarryB, I failed to get on-line with Konqueror...how'd you do it? B)
Quint I could answer that if I had too...it just worked, but with mozilla it tells me I have a proxy issue

Bruno, this is the MD5 checksum from the site:

996f164f2e89fa384a139f558b63d3af adios-1.30.iso
This was the CD result:
a933e2e1bf24cdef012762509cb7d8f4
Guess the CD is no good; but it worked fine, other than being able to get on-line. B)

QuintOne little corrupt file can do the trick . . install well but perform badly . . How was the ISO checksum ??B) Bruno

Both your CDs are faulty !!How was the checksum on the downloads ??B) Bruno
Checksum for the d/l, as checked by K3b = perfect. :D I did burn this CD at 48x, perhaps I will re-download, and burn at 12x. (That's what I did to get VL 4.0 working.) :D

Ok Did another burn,,,same results..I am assuming my d/l is corrupted
BarryB, do the MD5 checksum on the d/l...before you burn it. B)

Quint,Why did you not do the checksum yourself and let K3b do it ?? Better do it yourself !Barry,Do first a checksum on the ISO file !BOTH: < md5sum adios.iso >I only trust the commandline on those things ;)B) Bruno

Quint,Why did you not do the checksum yourself and let K3b do it ?? Better do it yourself !Barry,Do first a checksum on the ISO file !BOTH: < md5sum adios.iso >I only trust the commandline on those things B):D Bruno
Good idea, Bruno...came out the same - perfect! :D bash-2.05b# md5sum /home/quint/downloads/adios-1.30.iso996f164f2e89fa384a139f558b63d3af /home/quint/downloads/adios-1.30.isobash-2.05b#

Quint,Your ISO is 100% . . . now only get yourself a good CD from it and you´ll be fine . . . B) Bruno

Quint,Your ISO is 100% . . . now only get yourself a good CD from it and you´ll be fine . . . B) Bruno
Do you see any benefit in a "slower burn"? :D

Bruno...This is coming From within Adios...in Konqueror..Thisjust keep getting stranger...checking ntework control device (Nothing,,no card showing nothing activated....but as it loaded..correct IP and subMask B)

Yep, full speed is never really good, slow down 30% . . . are your CDs fit for what speed ??B) Bruno

Barryadios.pngI think adios is playing tricks on you . . . . . Have still a few questions:1) Did the checksum on the ISO come out right2) Did you do the checksum on the commandline ?3) How do you burn your CDs ?B) Bruno

Barryadios.pngI think adios is playing tricks on you . . . . . Have still a few questions:1) Did the checksum on the ISO come out right2) Did you do the checksum on the commandline ?3) How do you burn your CDs ?B) Bruno
No checksums not success fullran chscksum from consoleBurned with K3b..but will download and reburn again tommorrow and try again

Yep, full speed is never really good, slow down 30% . . . are your CDs fit for what speed ??B) Bruno
They're rated for 48x, but I sometime see the "KB/sec" hit 55! :D I'll just try slower - might succeed...thanks, Bruno. :D

They're rated for 48x, but I sometime see the "KB/sec" hit 55! :D
Also here we found the cause of the error . . . ;)Set the burning speed at 32 . . . cheap CDs should not burn that fast . . . B) Bruno

I have found that if I burn down around 18 - 20 I don't make coasters. Of course, the checksum does have to match first! I have even burned some down at 1 because I forget to change it. Those take time but they come out perfect. B) Easy to do when going to do other things and coming back!You get all your internet problems solved and maybe I will switch back over to vector and figure out why I can not connect to my DSL through the router. I have tried numerous times and just put that on hold. More fun to play in Drake!

I have found that if I burn down around 18 - 20 I don't make coasters.  Of course, the checksum does have to match first!  I have even burned some down at 1 because I forget to change it.  Those take time but they come out perfect.  :D  Easy to do when going to do other things and coming back!You get all your internet problems solved and maybe I will switch back over to vector and figure out why I can not connect to my DSL through the router.  I have tried numerous times and just put that on hold.  More fun to play in Drake!
Thank you, Julia, for the helpful advice. B)

QuintI think I am going to have to quit telling him what slang terms mean (such as a wannabe). He does catch on rather quickly. B)

QuintI think I am going to have to quit telling him what slang terms mean (such as a wannabe).  He does catch on rather quickly.  :D
B) :D He is learning...without letting on...but you are "The Teacher". :D

Well, I do try to teach him a few of the common ones every so often. Of course, I do believe he has other sources.... As long as we use real English and not a bunch of abbreviations he does pretty good. It is funny to see him using Spanish. Add one more to his language capability. B) I think he is gone for the night now so we can cause havoc all over the forum now!

Well, I do try to teach him a few of the common ones every so often. Of course, I do believe he has other sources....  As long as we use real English and not a bunch of abbreviations he does pretty good.  It is funny to see him using Spanish.  Add one more to his language capability.  B) I think he is gone for the  night now so we can cause havoc all over the forum now!
Elegant, humorous, sentiments...garnished with a hint of mischief... :D :D